Author Topic: What pros do you think lie about there height and weight? Do they weigh in at the O?  (Read 4107 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Was dexter weighed in at the olympia at 235 or is that what he said he was? Same goes with other pros

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Was dexter weighed in at the olympia at 235 or is that what he said he was? Same goes with other pros

Dexter is just under 5'7 but I highly doubt he is more than 220 in contest.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian

Height? ABSOLUTELY. Weight? YUP.

Dexter is not even 5'6".

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
You guys are amusing...I'll give you that.

Lonnie Teper will be first to back up the weight claims, as he instituted a weigh in at the Ironman years ago...virtually all the competitors were within a few pounds of their predicted (reported) weight...and most spot on.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
All of them? :o

Spirit of Truth

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V

Lonnie Teper will be first to back up the weight claims, as he instituted a weigh in at the Ironman years ago...virtually all the competitors were within a few pounds of their predicted (reported) weight...and most spot on.

So how much did Dexter weight then?

BayGBM

• Getbig V

Guys (pros, amateurs, and average gymrats) lie about their height, weight, and lifts, because people, for some silly reason, seem to be impressed by those numbers. If they thought you would be impressed by their shoe size, they would lie about that too.  ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
So how much did Dexter weight then?

Dont know...I dont recall him doing the Ironman

He weighed enough to win the Olympia last year, though....

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Dont know...I dont recall him doing the Ironman

He weighed enough to win the Olympia last year, though....

Oh yeah... ::)

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
Spirit of Truth

Stavios

I agree

BUT, Dexter ran away from the scale at the Ironman in 2003 so maybe they have a point with him

or maybe was it 2004 ? anyway the year he won

TRIX

• Getbig IV
So you're saying dexter was 5'6 235 lbs at 3% bodyfat with 22 inch arms at the olympia?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
newsflash: most people in all walks of life exaggerrate their height

E
E

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
I don't know now that I think about most BB'S are secure with themselves! ;)
Spirit of Truth

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
So you're saying dexter was 5'6 235 lbs at 3% bodyfat with 22 inch arms at the olympia?

if so, that means he was 5'4, 176 pounds with 12 inch arms at the 99 Olympia 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
What pros do you think lie about there height and weight? Do they weigh in at the O?

Many want to be judged by the overall appearance and not their weight.

However, during the Ironman Press Conferences, most competitors guessed their weights within 5 pounds of what they were, so they did not lie.

Dexter Jackson weighed around 230 - 235 pounds, that is correct.

As for the Olympia, they do not weigh you.  Although it would be cool to do that at the press conference.

For the 202 pounds and under, they will weight you, to make sure you are 202lbs and under :)

TRIX

• Getbig IV

Many want to be judged by the overall appearance and not their weight.

However, during the Ironman Press Conferences, most competitors guessed their weights within 5 pounds of what they were, so they did not lie.

Dexter Jackson weighed around 230 - 235 pounds, that is correct.

As for the Olympia, they do not weigh you.  Although it would be cool to do that at the press conference.

For the 202 pounds and under, they will weight you, to make sure you are 202lbs and under :)

that's my point. They should do weigh ins like fighters. Have the other bodybuilders around watching on. Everyone having a laugh seeing whos the biggest. Yada yada. People are always saying who cares what they weigh or who cares how big there arms are, well, we have to talk about something or else bodybuilding would be even more boring.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum

Dexter was notorious for missing the weigh in.  Troy missed it in 2006 but that was because his plane was late to arrive.  At that same show, Kai Greene had enough layers of clothing on to literally add at least 10 pounds and possibly 20.

Which Ironman did Dexter weigh in at?  At 5'6 and 1/2, I could see him being 220, but I don't recall him stepping on a scale officially, although I could be wrong.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Which Ironman did Dexter weigh in at?  At 5'6 and 1/2, I could see him being 220, but I don't recall him stepping on a scale officially, although I could be wrong.

Not sure, but at each weigh in, I usually wrote up who weighed what, and most were within 5 pounds. LT was pretty good at guessing the weights, and it wasnt that far fetched that Dexter was 235.

Yes, I think it would be a great idea with idea bodybuilder weight in at the Olympia Press Conference.

Get a cool scale, that weighs you instantly, and puts it up there.   I don't care if they were their special jumpsuits, that just assumes that it gives them about 5 pounds more than what they really are. 

Just another tidbit of info, and perhaps their own theme music coming in too.  HA...

RX MOGOL

• Getbig II
So dixy was 8 pounds heanier then phil.  I dont think so.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Not sure, but at each weigh in, I usually wrote up who weighed what, and most were within 5 pounds. LT was pretty good at guessing the weights, and it wasnt that far fetched that Dexter was 235.

Yes, I think it would be a great idea with idea bodybuilder weight in at the Olympia Press Conference.

Get a cool scale, that weighs you instantly, and puts it up there.   I don't care if they were their special jumpsuits, that just assumes that it gives them about 5 pounds more than what they really are. 

Just another tidbit of info, and perhaps their own theme music coming in too.  HA...

What is with the tracksuits. It looked better when they had to dress up in suit and tie...Showed they had some class...and it was Shawn Ray and Levrone who dressed to impress. Ronnie look like a big Pimp or some thug from a Batman comic. Was it too time comsuming, did the pros complain that they had to spend money on suits, did the femal competitors complain that they had spend money on suits and hairdos? Why change that formula?

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: What pros do you think lie about there height and weight? Do they weigh in a
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 11:26:06 PM »
Do some Schmoe's buy by the pound or something?

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
Re: What pros do you think lie about there height and weight? Do they weigh in a
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »
Rumors have it that Lee Priest has never been over 195 in contest shape...And I believe it...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »
oh and Rusty "Pipes" Jeffers was rumored to be no where near 200 pounds at the worlds...I also believe that

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
I'm surprised they DON"T have a weigh in and make a big production out of it.

At least that would be a logical way to make things entertaining, as opposed to say.....Props  :-X