Author Topic: Any Steve Gadd fans on here ?  (Read 749 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Any Steve Gadd fans on here ?
« on: December 15, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »
If you don't know who he is he's a drummer. Some consider him the best of all time.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Re: Any Steve Gadd fans on here ?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 08:44:36 AM »
Yep one of the top ten drummers of all time.  His session work is legendary.  Played with everyone from Paul Simon to Chick Correra.  I caught him in a club in the 90's with a band called Gadd's Gang.  Steve, Cornell Dupree on guitar,  Richard Tee on Keys and Eddy Gomez on Bass.  One of the best jazz fusion shows, but no DVD of the band.  Must of been just get the best and gig at the club scene.  What a show!
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 09:51:21 AM »
Yep one of the top ten drummers of all time.  His session work is legendary.  Played with everyone from Paul Simon to Chick Correra.  I caught him in a club in the 90's with a band called Gadd's Gang.  Steve, Cornell Dupree on guitar,  Richard Tee on Keys and Eddy Gomez on Bass.  One of the best jazz fusion shows, but no DVD of the band.  Must of been just get the best and gig at the club scene.  What a show!

ya I love Gadd Gang I have a DVD from Japan of them it is really great, they also put out a CD.  Have you ever heard of the band "STUFF" it was like the first band he was in it good music.  I do personal security and event security and was working at he guitar festival and we where doing all the security for the museum and guitar action, and one of my guys called me to the front because there was a guy wanting to come in who clammed to be a performer but did not have his pass. I got up there and it was Gadd.   let him in of course and told him what a big fan I was and how I thought he was Jesus Christ.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 09:58:13 AM »
I went to a Steve Gadd drum clinic last year with some friends and my son.  My boy went up and asked him a question and got to shake his hand.  Steve is still one of the greatest jazz drummers around.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 11:05:23 AM »

ya I love Gadd Gang I have a DVD from Japan of them it is really great, they also put out a CD.  Have you ever heard of the band "STUFF" it was like the first band he was in it good music.  I do personal security and event security and was working at he guitar festival and we where doing all the security for the museum and guitar action, and one of my guys called me to the front because there was a guy wanting to come in who clammed to be a performer but did not have his pass. I got up there and it was Gadd.   let him in of course and told him what a big fan I was and how I thought he was Jesus Christ.

Stiff was one of the best.   He was a reg in a fes more bands before Stuff.  The first drummer for Return to Forever for 1.  Even a stint with Miles.  Caught them in Boston way back in the 70's.  Gadd and Chris Parker sounded like 1 man with 4 hands.  It was at the Jazz Workshop/ Pall's Mall I went to 2 shows.  It was only 7 bucks back than.  I could tell you I got high with Stiff, but you'd never believe it.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 12:03:45 PM »
Stiff was one of the best.   He was a reg in a fes more bands before Stuff.  The first drummer for Return to Forever for 1.  Even a stint with Miles.  Caught them in Boston way back in the 70's.  Gadd and Chris Parker sounded like 1 man with 4 hands.  It was at the Jazz Workshop/ Pall's Mall I went to 2 shows.  It was only 7 bucks back than.  I could tell you I got high with Stiff, but you'd never believe it.

I would believe it.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 12:13:36 PM »
Bill Bruford was just in town about 2 weeks ago and did a fantastic clinic!
X

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 12:15:51 PM »
I went to a Steve Smith Clinc a couple years ago, prety cool

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 12:31:42 PM »
I went to a Steve Smith Clinc a couple years ago, prety cool

Ah yes Steve the machinegun smith. Journey had great drummers for such a basic RnR band- Ansely Dunbar was also an animal on the skins.

Moon is one of my personal favorites
X

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »
Ah yes Steve the machinegun smith. Journey had great drummers for such a basic RnR band- Ansely Dunbar was also an animal on the skins.

Moon is one of my personal favorites

Keith Moon from the who ?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 12:06:57 AM »
bump for greatness !