Author Topic: Any TRUCKERS here????????  (Read 3663 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Any TRUCKERS here????????
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 12:33:38 PM »
All the truck stop, "dope whore" pussy you can handle.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 12:37:15 PM »

lol...I've heard those stories from my friend....insane.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 12:42:56 PM »
Sounds AIDS-tastic!

Almost always, yes.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 12:55:31 PM »
lol...I've heard those stories from my friend....insane.

Sounds AIDS-tastic!

What do you get with you combine a lot full of truck stop whores??

A full set of teeth!

RamJam

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »
Is it worth it? Depends. I know guys (at times I'm one of them) that don't drive at all anymore. You're on the road so much that you're just tired of seeing idiots driving. Nobody respects trucks, and they're the FIRST people on the road you should respect. That's a whole thread in itself!

Totally agree with YoungBlood. Nobody respects the drivers in this industry, when respect is due. The hours/miles they are asked to drive when some knucklehead dispatcher booked a load for a driver, when they are not even 100% sure of the drivers hours, whether or not he is rested, etc. Some things drivers are asked to do are dangerous, but freight doesn't stop moving, so they are forced to take the load, or they are stuck in a certain area so they have to take the load, etc. I could go on, totally agree that this could be a whole other thread in itself. Many people don't respect the long haul drivers on the road, but after years in this industry, I certainly do.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »
Totally agree with YoungBlood. Nobody respects the drivers in this industry, when respect is due. The hours/miles they are asked to drive when some knucklehead dispatcher booked a load for a driver, when they are not even 100% sure of the drivers hours, whether or not he is rested, etc. Some things drivers are asked to do are dangerous, but freight doesn't stop moving, so they are forced to take the load, or they are stuck in a certain area so they have to take the load, etc. I could go on, totally agree that this could be a whole other thread in itself. Many people don't respect the long haul drivers on the road, but after years in this industry, I certainly do.

I totally respect the job that drivers do and ALL of the things you mentioned above.

However, truckers have been screwing themselves for years by their inability to unionize on a nationwide scale and by forcing their wages to remain lower by running over hours illegally. Dispatchers will continue to screw them over unless EVERYONE gets on the same page. If you have some crank heads that are willing to unsafely run 100 hours a week for shit wages it brings all the other drivers down.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 01:07:56 PM »
No. But I once got a ride with Large Marge.  :o

I used to have gaw damn nightmares about that btch when I was little

but I also did of teen wolf so it goes to show

"TELL EM LARGE MARGE SENT CHA ----- HAEHAEHAHEAHEHAE!!"

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 02:07:44 PM »
I totally respect the job that drivers do and ALL of the things you mentioned above.

However, truckers have been screwing themselves for years by their inability to unionize on a nationwide scale and by forcing their wages to remain lower by running over hours illegally. Dispatchers will continue to screw them over unless EVERYONE gets on the same page. If you have some crank heads that are willing to unsafely run 100 hours a week for shit wages it brings all the other drivers down.

I was also speaking of other drivers.
I've seen people do the usual speed up so a truck doesn't get in front of them and then slam on the brakes....we have 20+ tons...that's FORTY THOUSAND POUNDS for the imbeciles, we have 20 tons of weight behind us. You think it's easy to stop a vehicle that size and weight doing 60mph (in reality no trucker is doing 55mph unless the vehicle can't get to that speed)? FUCK NO. I've jackknifed a trailer doing that, and to this day have no idea how I corrected it. A sure case of "close your eyes and hope for the best!"
One of the worst stories I can cite, is when I was driving through downtown Pleasanton, trying to deliver a store. I took what I remember as a shortcut, but forgot the only time I had been there was 5am. It was a hot summer day, around 6pm, and the yuppies were dining out on the sidewalk and were pointing as they see my 48' trailer driving by at that hour. I'm panicked, and need to make a right-hand turn ahead. Pull up to the crosswalk, have my rig out to ensure enough room to make the wide right. People cross in the crosswalk and I look to make sure it's clear; it is. I start to ease out and the trailer is starting to follow. I double check for oncoming cars, pedestrians and such and look back in the mirror and there's a fucking Honda Accord by my rear axle (of the truck, not trailer!)!!! All I could do from making that car into a recycled Pepsi can was pull my air brakes and immediately stop. I got out FUMING!!!
After I explained to the lady the situation, asking her if she's ever paid much attention to the "Caution! Wide Right Turns" sign on the back of vehicles before, if she knows what that trailer was about to do? She didn't, and so I had to keep a kind smile on my face and tell her to back up the previous 48' her car just traveled. She didn't want to do that, but she had no other choice. It was either that or I drop and hook my trailer....

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 02:10:42 PM »
Breaker Breaker good buddy

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 02:33:51 PM »
lot lizards are what they call em round these parts

:D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 09:01:04 AM »
i got a truck driver's license for free, because some idiot at the issuing bureau made a mistake when i exchanged my old paper driver's license for a new plastic card.  ;D ;D ;D

i've never driven a truck though.  ;D ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »

DK, does your license just have the class of license in the corner or something, and the idiot forgot to give you a class C instead of B or A?

Most people can't really just get in a truck and go. Very rarely have I seen someone with the ability to just do it. Even me, being a good clutch driver, you have kind of have to take everything you know about regular clutch shifting and throw it out the window.
It's fun to watch people try though! I was no different!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 09:29:13 AM »
DK, does your license just have the class of license in the corner or something, and the idiot forgot to give you a class C instead of B or A?

Most people can't really just get in a truck and go. Very rarely have I seen someone with the ability to just do it. Even me, being a good clutch driver, you have kind of have to take everything you know about regular clutch shifting and throw it out the window.
It's fun to watch people try though! I was no different!

I'm German, trust me i can drive with a clutch.  ;D ;D ;D
I had a normal car and small trucks (7,5 tons) license, and a motorcycle license. But the guy must have checked truck license as well accidentally, now i can drive 12 ton+ trucks as well (unlimited license until i'm 60 years old, lol)

I want to try it one day, when i get the chance of someone lending me his truck.  ;D ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »
I'm German, trust me i can drive with a clutch.  ;D ;D ;D

That's what I said.
But when you have a clutch that you're used to using with one leg, and switch to a clutch that you almost have to use both legs and get your body weight behind, it can rattle you. One of the parts of the test is holding the clutch in for 60secs, brake pedal too. As good as shape as I was in at the time, I still barely made it after training for it for a few months. Easier said than done.
Also, in the trucks I drive, it's ALL ABOUT RPM. You rev the motor to about 2k, and push the clutch in once, but then you have to let it out, push it back in and let it out once more, all the while taking the transmission out of gear and into another gear...before the motor drops 500rpm.
Again, far easier said than done. Nobody I know has been able to easily shift on his first 100 tries or so. If you can, I'd be surprised. I didn't. Nor did my trainer, nor did any of the trainers of any of my co-workers. It's something that in my company people literally brag about...

"Heck, I wasn't able to shift for weeks!!!"

You think it's easy once you do that...now ya gotta be able to use the splitter getting into 6th gear.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »
That's what I said.
But when you have a clutch that you're used to using with one leg, and switch to a clutch that you almost have to use both legs and get your body weight behind, it can rattle you. One of the parts of the test is holding the clutch in for 60secs, brake pedal too. As good as shape as I was in at the time, I still barely made it after training for it for a few months. Easier said than done.
Also, in the trucks I drive, it's ALL ABOUT RPM. You rev the motor to about 2k, and push the clutch in once, but then you have to let it out, push it back in and let it out once more, all the while taking the transmission out of gear and into another gear...before the motor drops 500rpm.
Again, far easier said than done. Nobody I know has been able to easily shift on his first 100 tries or so. If you can, I'd be surprised. I didn't. Nor did my trainer, nor did any of the trainers of any of my co-workers. It's something that in my company people literally brag about...

"Heck, I wasn't able to shift for weeks!!!"

You think it's easy once you do that...now ya gotta be able to use the splitter getting into 6th gear.

lol, i will have to try that one day.

i like driving things, and i have a sort of talent for everything that way. As for the clutch, i think i'm in good enough shape for that, lol.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 10:53:45 AM »

Then it's onto down shifting, learning the difference between a 9 speed & 10 speed, shift patterns, and and and and and and and and and....then you can call yourself a beginner!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 10:58:33 AM »

Then it's onto down shifting, learning the difference between a 9 speed & 10 speed, shift patterns, and and and and and and and and and....then you can call yourself a beginner!!!

yeah, i got the message.

::) ::)

;D ;D