Author Topic: ANY OF U MUSCLEHEADS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS?!  (Read 1577 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
ANY OF U MUSCLEHEADS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS?!
« on: September 10, 2006, 12:50:35 PM »
hey guys, do any of u dudes out there also work as mechanics or used car dealers? i have a 98 ford contour, and the thing has been falling apart slowly since january, and i do not want to throw any more $ into it. ( i can only afford about $5,000, but i am looking to get out of the 90's and into the 2000'S). i have looked on line and at consumer reports. any suggestions? i hear toyotas, hondas, are good.  any help at all would be much appeciated. thanks bros! 8)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: ANY OF U MUSCLEHEADS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS?!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 01:02:46 PM »
hey guys, do any of u dudes out there also work as mechanics or used car dealers? i have a 98 ford contour, and the thing has been falling apart slowly since january, and i do not want to throw any more $ into it. ( i can only afford about $5,000, but i am looking to get out of the 90's and into the 2000'S). i have looked on line and at consumer reports. any suggestions? i hear toyotas, hondas, are good.  any help at all would be much appeciated. thanks bros! 8)

Accords or Civics with a 4 cyl.

- Can get them cheap

- they run for alot of miles

- Easy to repair

only down fall is they're high on the car theft list.  Kids love to steal them & strip them for parts

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 02:01:55 PM »
thanks bro! my buddies tell me the same too. ( the small cars make good foe deadlifting too.) huh?! ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 11:44:40 PM »
Buy Vince G's heap.  He is upgrading to a Gremlin

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 07:41:50 AM »
Buy Vince G's heap.  He is upgrading to a Gremlin

From what I've seen, cars like that are rather popular in rural areas of Romania.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 08:38:55 AM »

It may be a little tough to find a Honda that cheap, they tend to do ok on holding their value. A family member of mine was able to sell a 98 4 door accord for a little more than $5K. Do a search on Autotrader.com for a 2 door civic, I just ran one and it only pulled 1 car under $5k in 50 miles, and it had 179k miles on it  :-\

You may want to look at older Jeeps (Cherokees), I don't know what the "official", overall value is like, but I had 2 during high school and college, and both were 8 years old when bought for around $5K. never had a problem with either one even being in the 100-125K mile range...

newmom

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 09:13:17 AM »
once again i agree with knny aka npd..im on year number 8 with my honda and i love this car and ruins great...just keep up with the maintenance is all...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 12:51:05 AM »
I drive a car.

That is all.  ;D

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 06:45:57 AM »
You can get a 2005-2006 almost new KIA for about 5 grand. 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, about 30-35 mpg. but not to pleasing on the eye if your vain.  :-\
Giving 110%