Author Topic: American tourists dying mysteriously in Dominican Republic - SOLVED  (Read 6137 times)

Skylge

• Getbig IV
Affordable flight, nice affordable hotel accommodations, all inclusive buffet, drinks, and entertainment?  Oh, and death by poisoning.

Looking at all the water / pools / jacuzzi / hottubs etc, my best guess is legoinnaires' disease....can often be difficult to locate the source

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: American tourists dying mysteriously in Dominican Republic - SOLVED
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2019, 10:09:10 PM »
20th person dies of suspected methanol poisoning from tainted alcohol in Costa Rica

Another person has died from apparent methanol poisoning stemming from tainted alcohol in Costa Rica, according to government officials.

Costa Rica's Ministry of Health confirmed Wednesday that a 20th person has died, bringing the number of total victims deceased and sickened from drinking the tainted alcohol to 41.

Officials from the health ministry and law enforcement officers raided alcohol distributor Pinares de Heredia on Wednesday to obtain evidence about possibly tainted alcohol bottled with the label "Aguardiente Estrella Roja."

During the raid, officials seized wines and liquors that lacked the necessary sanitary registrations or had expired registrations, according to the ministry.

The victims are all Costa Rican residents and ranged in age from 32 to 72, the ministry previously announced.

The fatalities occurred in San José, Cartago, Limón, Guanacaste and Heredia.

Last week, the Costa Rican government confiscated more than 30,000 bottles of alcohol suspected to be tainted.
The brands confiscated in those raids include Guaro Montano, Guaro Gran Apache, Star Welsh, Aguardiente Barón Rojo, Aguardiente Timbuka and Aguardiente Molotov, according to the ministry, which advised residents to avoid drinking them.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Department of State said the agency is not aware of any U.S. citizens affected by the consumption of tainted alcohol. The department has not made any changes to the travel advisory for Costa Rica at this time, the spokesperson said.

The amount of alcohol adulterated with methanol that a person can drink before suffering fatal consequences depends on the concentration as well as the person's biological makeup, health ministry officials said in a statement last week.

Additional information was not immediately available.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/20th-person-dies-of-suspected-methanol-poisoning-from-tainted-alcohol-in-costa-rica/ar-AAEPblp?ocid=spartandhp

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Re: American tourists dying mysteriously in Dominican Republic - SOLVED
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2019, 11:23:17 PM »
Ironically, the antidote to methanol poisoning is to keep drinking untainted alcoholic drinks until the methanol is pissed out of the system. This keeps the liver busy processing the ethanol, so that the methanol can be excreted without being metabolized into toxic compounds by the liver.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
That'll be the day that I go on vacation in some 3rd world toilet run by people that despise me for my wealth and my beautiful white skin.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That'll be the day that I go on vacation in some 3rd world toilet run by people that despise me for my wealth and my beautiful white skin.

Lol.  Only someone that has never been there can say that.   I have been to punta Cana half a docen times and the whiter you are the better they treat you.   

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Lol.  Only someone that has never been there can say that.   I have been to punta Cana half a docen times and the whiter you are the better they treat you.  

To your face.