Author Topic: 29yrs old and thinking of running TRT (good or bad idea?)  (Read 1682 times)

Massquest

• Getbig II
29yrs old and thinking of running TRT (good or bad idea?)
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:42:01 AM »
I'm 29, and lately I've been thinking about just staying on 200-250mg/wk permanently. I"ve done a lot of cycles and I just don't see the point in me coming completely off every few months and having my body yo-yo like that. I would come completely off if I needed to for health reasons, or if I decided I just didn't want to use gear anymore. But so far my health is fine. All my organ function and lipids were fine last time I tested. I haven't checked my test levels though. I need to do that.... would probably help my decision. But what do you guys think? Would I really be putting my health at risk by running a TRT dose? Is this a good or bad idea at my age?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: 29yrs old and thinking of running TRT (good or bad idea?)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 07:06:55 AM »
wtf go for it, sounds like you want to, why not.  Maybe you can go between regular dose and high dose like 1 gram for when you want to go hardcore in the gym and gain some muscle then go back down to trt dose in between?

jt
TEAM Nasser

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 07:31:49 AM »
I'm 29, and lately I've been thinking about just staying on 200-250mg/wk permanently. I"ve done a lot of cycles and I just don't see the point in me coming completely off every few months and having my body yo-yo like that. I would come completely off if I needed to for health reasons, or if I decided I just didn't want to use gear anymore. But so far my health is fine. All my organ function and lipids were fine last time I tested. I haven't checked my test levels though. I need to do that.... would probably help my decision. But what do you guys think? Would I really be putting my health at risk by running a TRT dose? Is this a good or bad idea at my age?

Before you have your test levels checked you will need to be off for about 6-9 months IMO  So you can clear out the gear and have some time to recover your natural base level test, might take more like a year.

I wanna say if you are going to compete or something then yes staying on is probally the way to go, but people use gear for many different reasons and who is anybody to say that you must be doing this or that to wanna stay on year round?

I think you are right about the yo-yoing being worse for your body and the moderate or "Coasting" dose of test 250-500mg EW is less stressfull on the body, except the nuts maybe.

29YO is young, do you plan to have kids one day?  There may or may not be an impact on this down the road but year round gear use may increase your risk for infertility.  I would also have full blood work done every year, lipids, PSA's, organ function stuff like you have mentioned you do.  A veteran poster here from a long time ago, Marble also expressed concern about how steroids negatively affect the heart.

Massquest

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »
Before you have your test levels checked you will need to be off for about 6-9 months IMO  So you can clear out the gear and have some time to recover your natural base level test, might take more like a year.

I wanna say if you are going to compete or something then yes staying on is probally the way to go, but people use gear for many different reasons and who is anybody to say that you must be doing this or that to wanna stay on year round?

I think you are right about the yo-yoing being worse for your body and the moderate or "Coasting" dose of test 250-500mg EW is less stressfull on the body, except the nuts maybe.

29YO is young, do you plan to have kids one day?  There may or may not be an impact on this down the road but year round gear use may increase your risk for infertility.  I would also have full blood work done every year, lipids, PSA's, organ function stuff like you have mentioned you do.  A veteran poster here from a long time ago, Marble also expressed concern about how steroids negatively affect the heart.

Do I want kids? If you ask me that question today I'd tell you no. But who knows if I may change my mind years down the road. I would like to know I had the ability to have kids though... even if I never planned to use it. But wouldn't running hcg and clomid throughout keep my nuts producing??

My thing right now is that there's no way I'm gonna be off for 6-9months. 3-4 months is more realistic. This is why I've been seriously thinking of just staying on at a TRT dose, until I decide I want to come of for a prolonged period of time. I never really had any desire to compete. Before I used to cycle just for myself wanting to look better and be more muscular. Now that I've been doing modeling work, I mostly cycle to stay in shape for shoots. 

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »
i would just do 2, 15 week cycles a year.  so thats 32 weeks off a year (8 months).  perfect to keep your natural hormones to be produced.  also, its good to have those 8 months off (keep the nuts if you want kids) and give your HDL a good break.  i do 2 a year and if you train right and eat right, i only loose like 5 pounds or so bewteen cycles.  the goal is to train even harder off the juice.
you are gay.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »
i would just do 2, 15 week cycles a year.  so thats 32 weeks off a year (8 months).  perfect to keep your natural hormones to be produced.  also, its good to have those 8 months off (keep the nuts if you want kids) and give your HDL a good break.  i do 2 a year and if you train right and eat right, i only loose like 5 pounds or so bewteen cycles.  the goal is to train even harder off the juice.

Two 15 week cycle = 30 weeks = time on per year.  Then you say you will have 32 weeks off per year.  30+32=62 weeks.  Last i checked a year was 52 weeks.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 05:23:53 PM »
my fault, i was took excited watching the Eagles WIN!!

i actually do 2 12 week cycles, so 24 weeks.  52-24 is 28 weeks (7 months off), which is not bad either.
you are gay.

strength

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 06:38:07 AM »
Two 15 week cycle = 30 weeks = time on per year.  Then you say you will have 32 weeks off per year.  30+32=62 weeks.  Last i checked a year was 52 weeks.

LULZ...

I was thinking the same thing..

I am 27, been on physician supervised trt for about 4 months.  Long story short.  I feel great.  So far labs are coming back great.  I am scripted 200mgs EW.  I have secondary hypogonadism, most likely caused by adrenal fatigue due to my previous AAS use.  I also have 2 healthy baby boys that i had before starting trt obviously.  I was clean for 3 years or so before i started having problems with low T.  To the OP, It's a lifelong commitment bro, that's all im gonna say

PinkPanthar

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 08:32:55 PM »
LULZ...

I was thinking the same thing..

I am 27, been on physician supervised trt for about 4 months.  Long story short.  I feel great.  So far labs are coming back great.  I am scripted 200mgs EW.  I have secondary hypogonadism, most likely caused by adrenal fatigue due to my previous AAS use.  I also have 2 healthy baby boys that i had before starting trt obviously.  I was clean for 3 years or so before i started having problems with low T.  To the OP, It's a lifelong commitment bro, that's all im gonna say

Let's hear more Strength_77 MOD @ BB.com.... hahah small world

Anyways this is what I am doing.  Secondary hypogonadism from TREN mostly probs.  I could prolly restart my system to something slightly legit but forget that.  Ima run androgel for libido and PROP for gains (HCG too course).  I mean, lifelong commitment?  I don't consider pin pricks a *lifelong commitment* I need to stress over - no one is getting married here haha

PinkPanthar

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 08:44:57 AM »
BTW Strength this is RasputinRules from BB.COM  ;)