Author Topic: WRESTLEMANIA 34 PICKS  (Read 9203 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WRESTLEMANIA 34 PICKS
« on: April 08, 2018, 09:04:03 AM »
I know it's early. But, I have errands to run and may not make it back before 'Mania starts (especially given it's so early).

So, here goes nothing.

RAW:

Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns - This will be the main event, I believe. And since the rumors of Lesnar going to UFC keep ringing louder, it's THT time for the Beast.

Winner (and new Champion): ROMAN REIGNS

Raw Tag Team Championship: The Bar (c) vs. Braun Strowman and ????? - They still don't have a partner for Strowman (I thought it would be Kane). But, as over as he is now, The Monster and his mystery partner will end up with some gold.

WINNER (and new champions): Team "GET THESE HANDS"

Raw Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax - After all this yap about how dominant Jax is, she's never had a true one-on-one title match. Now that she gets one against a gal half her size, I don't see her leaving empty-handed. Big Mama leaves the Big Easy with the red belt.

Winner (and new champion): NIA JAX

Intercontinental Championship: Miz (c) vs. Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins. We'll see how well Rollins does in triple threats without the element of surprise (i.e. WM 31). Miz needs some daddy time and I see no point of making Rollins IC champ. Therefore, I'm going with Balor......hopefully he does his demon thing as WrestleMania. It is New Orleans, after all.

Winner (and new champion): FINN BALOR

Kurt Angle and Rhonda Rousey vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. If this is a true mixed tag, I don't see Rhonda the ring long with Steph. My guess is that they'll let Helmsley bump with her, in between tags. The Game has jobbed the last two 'Manias (to Reigns and Rollins). I don't see it happening three or four times in row again (ala WrestleManias 20-22, 24).

Winners: THE AUTHORITY

SMACKDOWN:

WWE World Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - The rightful main event is getting little heat, relying solely on its past from Japan/Indie circuit. You just don't get the sense that these two want to kill each other. That's what make a WrestleMania main event worthwhile. Given WrestleMania tradition over the years of defending WWF/WWE champions dropping the strap........

Winner (and new Champion): The Artist Known as.....SHINSUKE NAKAMURA.

Smackdown Women's Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Asuka - Now THIS gets interesting. The Queen won the upgraded Women's title and retired the Divas title two years ago. So, there's precedence to give her the due. Plus, there's other storyline of New Orleans....where streaks go to DIE (i.e. that BS from four years ago with the Deadman). However, I believe there will be history made here in this match, but with a twist.

For the first time in history, a women's championship will change hands........TWICE!!

Winner (and new champion): Asuka.....followed by......Winner (and new, NEW champion): CARMELLA, via cashing her MITB briefcase and handing Asuka her first loss.

UPSET SPECIAL - I wouldn't be surprised if WWE pulled a fast one (for the sake of women's empowerment) and made this the last match, given how bland the WWE title match storyline has been and how predictable the Universal title match will be.

More to come in a minute; my son has piano lessons.

Edit - Back to the pics.

US Championship (Fatal 4-way): Randy Orton (c) vs. Alexandar Rusev vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Bobby Roode - This is a toughie. I'm so tempted to go with Rusev. But, with all of my previous predictions of title changing hands, someone has to retain. So, in spite of how over "Rusev Day" is, I'll go with the Viper to retain.

Winner (and still champion): Randy Orton.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship (Triple Threat): Usos (c) vs. New Day vs. Bludgeon Brothers - The wildcards in this match are the performance of Eric Rowan and which lineup New Day uses. Best case scenario is that Rowan pulls his weight and New Day goes with its regular combo (Langston and Kingston). Worst case scenario is Rowan slows up Harper and New Day uses its "speed lineup" (Woods and Kingston).

The Bludgeon Brothers are getting over as bruisers. You think they'll use those Donkey-Kong-style mallets in the match? I may kick myself for this later but.....

Winners (and new champions): THE BLUDGEON BROTHERS

Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan vs. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens (Zayn's and Owens' Smackdown jobs on the line): Since New Orleans is the site of "YEStlemania" and this is Bryan's big comeback, I'm picking Smackdown's former commissioner and GM to win it, sending the Canadian bestie back to Raw....and opening Teddy Long to be SD's general manager again.

Winners: Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon.

PRE-SHOW MATCHES:

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Unfortunately, this has become the participation trophy match that I've always called it. I'm surprised they didn't dump John Cena in it, just to stave of this ridiculous notion of his fighting the Undertaker this year. It appears to be doomed for pre-show permanence. That means that they aren't brining someone from NXT to win it (ala Baron Corbin from two years ago).

In fact, they're pushing Corbin to be the first two-time winner of this match, as if it matters. ATGBR certainly didn't do anything for Mojo Rawley last year, even with Gronk helping the push. But, a multi-time winner of something is fairly good.

Winner: BARON CORBIN

WrestleMania Women's (formerly known as Fabulous Moolah Memorial) Battle Royal: I'm hoping that they do what they did two years ago and pull as "last-minute" name change. It's not because I thought it was a big deal that they retired the Divas title as WM32. But, if you're going to attempt to put this on par with the ATGMBR, then make it a memorial battle royal. You can't use Moolah? FINE! Use Sensational Sherrl or Mae Young (she can have more than one memorial match, can't she?) or some other deceased legend/HOFer.

It's not really an inaugural WrestleMania women's battle royal, anyway. We had a "Miss WrestleMania" battle royal in 2009 at WM25, which would have been decent had they NOT let Santino Marella (in drag) win the darn thing. And in New Orleans four years ago (WM30), there was the Vickie Guerrero Divas' Championship Invitational with the title on the line. It wasn't a battle royal, technically. But with the sheer number of competitors, it may as well have been one. Why not name the battle royal after Guerrero and call it an invitational?

Winner: Probably Sasha Banks or (if they're bringing her up from NXT), that other black woman Ember Moon.

Cruiserweight Championship (Finals): I have to look up who's actually in this match. That's how much I couldn't care less about it. OK, It's Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali.

Winner (and new champion....of course, it has to be; the title's vacant): Cedric Alexander

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: WRESTLEMANIA 34 PICKS
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 09:56:19 AM »
  The rightful main event is getting little heat, relying solely on its past from Japan/Indie circuit.

That is SO DIFFERENT from the way things were years ago.

Vince was well-known to somewhat shun (to a degree) wrestlers' pasts in other promotions. And, when it came to revisiting feuds, he usually insisted on the rivals building a "new history" within the Fed.

Q.E.D. - When it was decided to book Mankind and Vader in a program, Foley pitched the idea of mentioning their Japan history on WWF TV. Vince countered by suggesting "light" alluding to that past, while strongly encouraging Mick & Vader to create a new feud within the Federation.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 10:08:12 AM »

That is SO DIFFERENT from the way things were years ago.

Vince was well-known to somewhat shun (to a degree) wrestlers' pasts in other promotions. And, when it came to revisiting feuds, he usually insisted on the rivals building a "new history" within the Fed.

Q.E.D. - When it was decided to book Mankind and Vader in a program, Foley pitched the idea of mentioning their Japan history on WWF TV. Vince countered by suggesting "light" alluding to that past, while strongly encouraging Mick & Vader to create a new feud within the Federation.

They've been hyping Styles and Nakamura as a "dream match" for months. But, there's ZIP behind it. I mean, look at what they did with Hogan and Rock back in 2002 or Lesnar and Angle from 2003. They built it and built it, until it just exploded at WrestleMania (especially Hogan vs. Rock).

That's why I stated that, even though we pretty much KNOW that Lesnar is THTing for Reigns, the Universal championship match will likely be the last match (especially since it's a RAW match).

That is, UNLESS, WWE pulls a total swerve and put the Smackdown women's title match last.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »
It's almost like the old man has abandoned everything that works.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:45:51 AM »
It's almost like the old man has abandoned everything that works.

He definitely did so FOUR YEARS ago with the stupid decision to end the Streak.

But, somehow (at least temporarily), he got the fans behind Reigns. They were cheering last week as Reigns kept clocking Lesnar with those Superman punches. But, WHY did the let Lesnar hit the F-5? Just leave Lesnar on the ground and give Reigns a spot before the big dance.

As for Styles and Nakamura, the old way of doing thing (especially to capitalize on their old rivalry) would be to turn one of them heel. I'd go with Styles since he's already been a heel champion. It works even better if you're putting the belt on Nakamura, given the WrestleMania tradition with the WWF/WWE championship.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 03:40:59 PM »
I'm back from washing my car. Now, I'm just getting into the kickoff show. It's the women's battle royal.

Total swerve!! Bailey and Sasha Banks were the last two. Bailey eliminated Banks after a hand shake. But, she forgot that Naomi wasn't eliminated. Naomi nailed her with the booty to the face and chucked her over the top rope. Naomi wins the battle royal and a trophy that's bigger than she is.

BTW, I thought they fired David Otunga, after that alleged domestic violence mess with Jennifer Hudson.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 04:07:53 PM »
IT'S SHOWTIME!!!

First up is the IC title match. Miz is coming out second, and he sent the Miztourage to the back. This doesn't bode well, except for my pick (of course).

Yep, now Balor is definitely winning it. PC-Mania running wild. Balor is coming to the ring with a rainbow logo and a throng of gay and lesbian folks in rainbow Balor T-shirts behind him.

John Cena is a gray T-shirt, sitting with the fans. Will this really be a Cena-less WrestleMania, where he isn't injured (i.e. WM 32)? Or, is he going to get goaded into an impromptu match?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 04:31:39 PM »
Rollins wins the IC belt. So, Miz is going home on baby leave, no big celebration for the LGBT wing of Balor Club.

This is a bit of the surprise..the Smackdown women's title match is next. I thought it'd be later in the night, perhaps even the main event.

OK. That was unexpected. Charlotte retains via submission. She and Asuka hug and there's no cash-in by Carmella. So, maybe they're saving it for Smackdown this Tuesday.

And a ref just told Cena that the Deadman is in the building.

Next up, US title match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
Boy, another swerve. Jinder Mahal wins the US title, spoiling Rusev day (he actually pinned Rusev to get the nod).

Now, it's Angle and Rousey vs. The Authority.

Triple H and Steph both have motorized trikes. And Steph even did the Triple H intro, water and all.

Ring rust? Helmsley called a spine buster in front of one of the mikes.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 05:53:13 PM »
PC-Mania running wild. Balor is coming to the ring with a rainbow logo and a throng of gay and lesbian folks in rainbow Balor T-shirts behind him.

Any traces of regret I may have felt in not following the product anymore have been erased.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 06:07:47 PM »

Any traces of regret I may have felt in not following the product anymore have been erased.

Rousey make Steph tap out.

The matches have been good. New Day had midgets dressed like pancakes.

Smackdown tag titles are on the line. The Bludgeon Brothers are killing everyone right now.

This is the first one I got right tonight. Bludgeon Brothers are the new champions.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 06:18:09 PM »
John Cena thought he was getting Undertaker. Instead, he gets.....ELIAS.

Of course, after all that mess with Elias, Taker shows up. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Cena gets beat down in about 5 minutes, after walking with Elias. If they think this made 'Taker look good, WWE is smoking crack. The Deadman looked weak.

Hall of Famers get love now.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 06:45:25 PM »
Next up: Bryan and McMahon vs Zayn and Owens.

Nice Titantron and "YEStleMania" is back.

And they just got back-jumped by Owens and Zayn.

A powerbomb to the apron just put Bryan out before the match. Now, Shane is going alone.

Uh-OH!! Shane-O-Mac....COAST TO COAST!!!

After a long rest and Shane getting squished by Kevin Owens, Bryan made the save and is back in the match.

Bryan is tagged in the ring legally and it's pandemonium!!

Yes-Lock applied and Bryan and McMahon win it!!

Now, it's one of the world title matches......OOPS!! I forgot about the Raw women's title match.

We got 35 minutes left and there's this match and the two men's world title matches left.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »
Nia Jax is the new Raw women's champion.

NOW.......WWE World Championship match.

Live rock band and violinists, including Alice Cooper's guitarist, are playing Nakamura to the ring.

Graphic accidentally called Styles the Universal champion.

WrestleMania must be going to midnight, because we've yet to see the Raw tag titles (unless it was on the pre-show) and the Universal Championship.

Chants from both guys are going back and forth. But, the match is fairly tame, at this point.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 08:12:01 PM »
The match picked up big time. But, no love for Team Japan. AJ Styles retains the WWE Title.

Both 2018 Rumble winners from Japan fail to win gold.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »
ANOTHER SWERVE!! Nakamura just hit Styles in the nuts after presenting him his title and hugging him.

HEEL TURN!!! And he just knocked Styles out COLD with the knee to the face.

And did I just see the recap of the pre-show properly? MATT HARDY won the ATGMBR.

I take one thing back. My first correct pick (even though I didn't know it) was Cedric Alexander won the finals and Cruiserweight title.

On deck, Raw tag team titles. Sheamus and Cesaro are on a Mardi Gras float, throwing beads into the crowd.

So who is Braun Strowman's tag team partner? He just picked a little kid from the audience.

This match is official. Strowman and a kid named Nicolas against Sheamus and Cesaro.

I think they're going to let this kid get the pin.

He didn't get the pin but this little boy and Strowman win the belts.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »
Universal title match is the only one left. And as I predicted, the Raw title would be the main event match, despite Nakamura's Rumble win.

That makes this the FOURTH CONSECUTIVE WrestleMania main event for Roman Reigns.

Lesnar isn't getting much love either. This is going to be quick, as there are only 13 minutes left.

This is almost like WM31, three spears (one through a table) and Lesnar is still in it.

Lesnar knees Reigns in the face, hits TWO F-5s, and Reigns survives.

A third F-5 can't keep Reigns down. And now it's outside the ring. An F-5 through the German announce table.

They're chanting, "THIS IS AWFUL!!" Reigns is bleeding, hit two more spears after a botched F-5.

Lesnar hit one more F-5 and wins the match. After the highlights, a dejected Reigns is leaving the ring, after consoling with a relative.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 07:02:04 AM »
Well folks there you have it...

Not bad as there were several surprise factors that made the show a lot less predictable. Charlotte and Asuka stole the entire show as far as I'm concerned. Glad Charlotte retained.

Undertaker really needs to retire gracefully which he should have done when that ridiculous and very predictable streak ended years ago against Brock. Was there really a need to make him come back to wrestle Cena (the face of the company) for 60 seconds and squash him? Waste of hype, waste of time. Match was poorly prepped.

Loved the AJ / Nikamora match.

Rousy held her own and did well. You can tell she has that raw athletisism that is req'd. Over all a decent match with the way she tossed Steph and even HHH around.

Braun Strowman and a 10 year old ... really??? Enough said....waste of time and an insult to Cesaro and Sheamus who are extremely talented wrestlers who've paid their dues. 

Love the fact Lesner went over Reigns. Reigns winning was wayyyy to predictable and the swerve was well worth it. After all, why watch a hockey game if you already know what the results will be? Makes no sense so I'm glad they put Lesner over here. Plan of now is to have Lesner defend the title against Bobby Lashley (who made a surprise return on Raw last night) at Summerslam. Reigns is set to fued with Samoa Joe who also returned to Raw and challenged him.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 08:04:57 AM »
Some quick comments here :

What was up with Balor and the rainbow gear?

The Cena match was a bust.  I mean really?  All that build up for that little 4 minute flounder?   Crap.  The only thing that could have saved it was they kept showing Cena in the audience drinking beer, then a referee comes down and stands in the ring... people wait... no wrestlers from the back emerge.... suddenly UT rises out of the crowd  behind Cena, attacks him,... throws him over the barricade.... assaults him at ringside... tosses him into the ring and tombstones him.   Cena can blame being drunk on why he lost so fast. 
But what they actually came up with?  Pathetic.   This is exactly why I have never ever been a UT fan.

Glad that Roman lost.  However, a hundred f5s that he ate and kicked out of was too much.  Stop shoving him down everyone's throat.  Lesnar is the perfect champ right now.  No over exposure on tv with worthless matches that get repeated at PPVs.

Braun..... ugghhhh....   another one that Vince could have done better.  My plan would have been to have some female ringer announcer like Lilian in the ring making introductions.  Braun comes down... they start busting on him for not having a partner.  So he picks Lilian and puts her in the corner.  This would set him up to be a monster and in the future some really evil heel would find a way to get her accidentally tagged in and hit with a finish move and pinned.

Not a fan of Shane.... of course Super Shane was going to have his own moment to shine.....  ::)    at least the twit didn't actually get the pin or submission in the match.  Can't stand this harelip candy ass.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 12:06:39 PM »

The Cena match was a bust.  I mean really?  All that build up for that little 4 minute flounder?   Crap.  The only thing that could have saved it was they kept showing Cena in the audience drinking beer, then a referee comes down and stands in the ring... people wait... no wrestlers from the back emerge.... suddenly UT rises out of the crowd  behind Cena, attacks him,... throws him over the barricade.... assaults him at ringside... tosses him into the ring and tombstones him.   Cena can blame being drunk on why he lost so fast. 
But what they actually came up with?  Pathetic.   This is exactly why I have never ever been a UT fan.

Glad that Roman lost.  However, a hundred f5s that he ate and kicked out of was too much.  Stop shoving him down everyone's throat.  Lesnar is the perfect champ right now.  No over exposure on tv with worthless matches that get repeated at PPVs.

Braun..... ugghhhh....   another one that Vince could have done better.  My plan would have been to have some female ringer announcer like Lilian in the ring making introductions.  Braun comes down... they start busting on him for not having a partner.  So he picks Lilian and puts her in the corner.  This would set him up to be a monster and in the future some really evil heel would find a way to get her accidentally tagged in and hit with a finish move and pinned.

Not a fan of Shane.... of course Super Shane was going to have his own moment to shine.....  ::)    at least the twit didn't actually get the pin or submission in the match.  Can't stand this harelip candy ass.
Lol...my post but amplified and I agree.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »

You missed his entrance? He was being supported by the New Orleans gay community, who came out (poor choice of words, perhaps) with Balor and clapped at the entrance.

BTW, does that mean his alter ego will now be the "Demon Queen"?

The Cena match was a bust.  I mean really?  All that build up for that little 4 minute flounder?   Crap.  The only thing that could have saved it was they kept showing Cena in the audience drinking beer, then a referee comes down and stands in the ring... people wait... no wrestlers from the back emerge.... suddenly UT rises out of the crowd  behind Cena, attacks him,... throws him over the barricade.... assaults him at ringside... tosses him into the ring and tombstones him.   Cena can blame being drunk on why he lost so fast.  
But what they actually came up with?  Pathetic.   This is exactly why I have never ever been a UT fan.

I am a Taker fan but that was WACK!!! To have him squash Cena, after he'd tangled with Elias earlier, made the Deadman look WEAK!! That match was 11 years too late. Cena calls out the Deadman for weeks then acts like a scared little punk when Taker arrives?

There's a term for this, a pity-something or other.

Glad that Roman lost.  However, a hundred f5s that he ate and kicked out of was too much.  Stop shoving him down everyone's throat.  Lesnar is the perfect champ right now.  No over exposure on tv with worthless matches that get repeated at PPVs.

Shoving him down everyone's throat? Come on! He's only had four straight main-events at 'Mania (Taker, Helmsley, Lesnar twice).

According to Roman's promo on RAW, Vince McMahon didn't smarten up on things until later that night that Lesnar resigned with WWE.

Rough translation: He (and others, including yours truly) thought Lesnar was leaving for UFC. Thus, the Beast was doing the THT. But, Lesnar resigned late and apparently the boss yanked the rug (or the belt) from under Reigns again, as he did at WM31.

Lesnar and Reigns are in a cage match for the belt at that "greatest Royal Rumble" in India. Reigns might win the strap there.

Braun..... ugghhhh....   another one that Vince could have done better.  My plan would have been to have some female ringer announcer like Lilian in the ring making introductions.  Braun comes down... they start busting on him for not having a partner.  So he picks Lilian and puts her in the corner.  This would set him up to be a monster and in the future some really evil heel would find a way to get her accidentally tagged in and hit with a finish move and pinned.

Not a fan of Shane.... of course Super Shane was going to have his own moment to shine.....  ::)    at least the twit didn't actually get the pin or submission in the match.  Can't stand this harelip candy ass.

Shane's job was to get beat up for most of the match, to let Daniel Bryan come to the rescue. "YEStlemania" lives again.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 06:37:05 PM »
Well folks there you have it...

Not bad as there were several surprise factors that made the show a lot less predictable. Charlotte and Asuka stole the entire show as far as I'm concerned. Glad Charlotte retained.

Undertaker really needs to retire gracefully which he should have done when that ridiculous and very predictable streak ended years ago against Brock. Was there really a need to make him come back to wrestle Cena (the face of the company) for 60 seconds and squash him? Waste of hype, waste of time. Match was poorly prepped.

Loved the AJ / Nikamora match.

Rousy held her own and did well. You can tell she has that raw athletisism that is req'd. Over all a decent match with the way she tossed Steph and even HHH around.

Braun Strowman and a 10 year old ... really??? Enough said....waste of time and an insult to Cesaro and Sheamus who are extremely talented wrestlers who've paid their dues. 

Love the fact Lesner went over Reigns. Reigns winning was wayyyy to predictable and the swerve was well worth it. After all, why watch a hockey game if you already know what the results will be? Makes no sense so I'm glad they put Lesner over here. Plan of now is to have Lesner defend the title against Bobby Lashley (who made a surprise return on Raw last night) at Summerslam. Reigns is set to fued with Samoa Joe who also returned to Raw and challenged him.

That's assuming Reigns doesn't win the strap in India in that steel cage match against Lesnar. I hope it's an old-school blue cage.

We all thought Lesnar was going back to UFC. That's why I picked Reigns to win the title....the old THT-style.

Reigns thought he was getting the belt too, until he got word late that Lesnar resigned with WWE. It appears Reigns got shanked again, just like WM 31.

I think the SD women's title match would have gone better, if Asuka had beaten Charlotte....followed by a MITB cash-in job by Carmella, to hand Asuka her first loss.

Instead, Charlotte got beat down tonight by two new NXT girls, The Iconics, who I call LayCool 2.0. And Carmella took the belt after that.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 05:12:48 AM »
That's assuming Reigns doesn't win the strap in India in that steel cage match against Lesnar. I hope it's an old-school blue cage.

We all thought Lesnar was going back to UFC. That's why I picked Reigns to win the title....the old THT-style.

Reigns thought he was getting the belt too, until he got word late that Lesnar resigned with WWE. It appears Reigns got shanked again, just like WM 31.

I think the SD women's title match would have gone better, if Asuka had beaten Charlotte....followed by a MITB cash-in job by Carmella, to hand Asuka her first loss.

Instead, Charlotte got beat down tonight by two new NXT girls, The Iconics, who I call LayCool 2.0. And Carmella took the belt after that.
I know...I mentioned in the other thread you posted that I absolutely cringed at Charlotte losing to Carmella via the briefcase cash in...after that spectacular match at Mania. The Iconics are actually great together its nice that they got the call to the main roster. I heard rumors that Reigns may win the title at that Saudi Arabia show to the more "accepting" fans there as he is notoriously booed and unaccepted in North America.

Lesner is also signed to UFC (he will be allowed to fight when not wrestling) but his WWE contract is extended till Sumerslam where he is expected to fued with Lashley.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »
Ok, I understand that Taker lost to Roman for the second loss in the streak.  The first loss to Brock was believable and a great climax.  Losing to Roman.... wtf?   Taker comes back and Shane gives him a longer harder match than Cena.   WTFx2?  Ok, I know they are trying to get Taker back to his badass image.  (whatever), but beating Cena that quick does nothing.  Cena can take a loss with no consequences.  His spot in the company isn't going anywhere.   Taker's return accomplished nothing.  A last  minute surprise that failed to deliver.  Could have had an impact, but it didn't. 

I disagree with Roman not being shoved down our throats.  He is in those main events because Vince is trying so hard to get him over and popped to the crowd.  No one really likes him.  They just tolerate his matches hoping to see him get beat.  The sad part is he is my niece's favorite wrestler and I have to sit there and keep my shitty sarcasm to myself while he is on tv.   >:(

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 02:58:37 PM »
whats with that kid and strowman?

Was it a setup or did strowman choose the kid randomnly?