Author Topic: Time To Move Into A House...Any Suggestions  (Read 17252 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Time To Move Into A House...Any Suggestions
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2015, 01:35:55 PM »
this month has been chinese drywall inspections, AC replacement, water system cleaning... sheesh, buying a home seems very scary when you realize something as trivial as what drywall mix the builder chose ten years ago can suddenly cost a homeowner 100,000 bucks.  Unreal.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2015, 01:37:27 PM »
how about moving in with me and SF1900?

Basile live alone , so  ;D

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »
this month has been chinese drywall inspections, AC replacement, water system cleaning... sheesh, buying a home seems very scary when you realize something as trivial as what drywall mix the builder chose ten years ago can suddenly cost a homeowner 100,000 bucks.  Unreal.

I hated being a home owner.

Fixing shit all of the time, buying washers and dryers when the shit breaks.

We had a massive storm come through, I think it was a hurricane, the back side of my house had a very VERY long span from one gutter to another and it couldn't dump water fast enough... Boom. The gutter falls off the back of the house.

Would cost almost as much as the insurance deductible.

Shit breaks in houses all of the time and I hate having to fix it.

Easier to just rent.

I don't buy into that "You're just throwing your money away" bullshit they tell you either.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
what about not washing clothes and just buy new clothes  ???

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
It's not goodrum...goodrum stopped posting years ago

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »

We had a massive storm come through, I think it was a hurricane, the back side of my house had a very VERY long span from one gutter to another and it couldn't dump water fast enough... Boom. The gutter falls off the back of the house.

Easier to just rent.

I don't buy into that "You're just throwing your money away" bullshit they tell you either.

I'm a little more than a decade away from offspring being in college and me/wifey finding condo life forever maybe being the way to go.   in south FL, houses rot from corrosion from the shitty well water... or you can pay another 30 grand and have the city redo your water.  insane.  this house is a 2006, already the AC, fridge, water and many plugs have gone.  

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2015, 01:49:46 PM »
in this climate, I'd strongly consider prioritizing economy over performance. You want a house that gets at least 15 MPG.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2015, 02:01:09 PM »
So, I'm sitting here typing up some articles and drinking my Earl Grey Tea when I hear some woman next door screaming for help with the crashing of noise....once again.  I go outside to take a look and the cop cars come barreling in and broke down the door.

Since my rent is going to skyrocket to 900 a month, I'm going to go ahead and rent out a house until my place is complete.  Any ideas on what to look for??

What are you renting now for apparently less then $900 a month....a room in a boarding house?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »

I was drinking coffee but everything else is true.  Even the cops came by and had me write a statement about what I heard and witnessed.  I simply don't bullshit

Unless it's about drinking Earl Grey tea.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2015, 02:08:03 PM »
Unless it's about drinking Earl Grey tea.

Touche old man... Touche.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2015, 02:12:40 PM »

Easier to just rent.

Renting might be easier, but it sure as heck isn't cheaper. Whether you know it or not, your still paying for washers, driers and gutters, etc.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2015, 02:16:17 PM »
What are you renting now for apparently less then $900 a month....a room in a boarding house?

He lives in a trailer

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2015, 02:21:03 PM »
Renting might be easier, but it sure as heck isn't cheaper. Whether you know it or not, your still paying for washers, driers and gutters, etc.

Yeah, but I'm not doing repairs and shit.

And, if you get your typical 30 year mortgage, it's almost about even.

Look at how much you pay for a house... If it's 200K, you pay about 400K after interest if you have the typical 30yr. Mortgage.

Might not be cheaper... It's also not more expensive in the long run.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
A

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2015, 03:38:01 PM »
What articles were you typing up?

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2015, 04:03:11 PM »

I was drinking coffee but everything else is true.  Even the cops came by and had me write a statement about what I heard and witnessed.  I simply don't bullshit

But Melvin Goodrum, you bullshit about everything. From your fake degrees to your successful online businesses to your vast savings of cash, stocks, precious metals & jewels to, well, EVERYTHING.

What exactly have you told the 100% truth about?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2015, 04:06:55 PM »
What articles were you typing up?

Some cleansing articles for PLR sales.  I'm also using an article spinner on some older articles for my medical supply website.  Business as usual
A

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2015, 06:53:03 PM »
Yeah, but I'm not doing repairs and shit.

And, if you get your typical 30 year mortgage, it's almost about even.

Look at how much you pay for a house... If it's 200K, you pay about 400K after interest if you have the typical 30yr. Mortgage.

Might not be cheaper... It's also not more expensive in the long run.

And the house you bought for $200,000 is probably worth somewhere around $800,000 after 30 years. Using your figure of $400,000 with interest, you would show a $400,000 profit after 30 years, not to forget that you'd actually have $800,000 in your pocket.

My figures are conservative. I bought my home for a little over $200,000 in 1998. Despite the economic downturn, it is worth at least $450, 000 today. As the economy continues to recover, this place will be worth a lot more then $800,000 in 30 years. My wife's parents bought a home in North Beverly Hills in the 1950's for $50,000. The last time that house sold in 2004, it sold for $11,000,000. Not a bad profit in about 50 years.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2015, 07:02:31 PM »
And the house you bought for $200,000 is probably worth somewhere around $800,000 after 30 years. Using your figure of $400,000 with interest, you would show a $400,000 profit after 30 years, not to forget that you'd actually have $800,000 in your pocket.

My figures are conservative. I bought my home for a little over $200,000 in 1998. Despite the economic downturn, it is worth at least $450, 000 today. As the economy continues to recover, this place will be worth a lot more then $800,000 in 30 years. My wife's parents bought a home in North Beverly Hills in the 1950's for $50,000. The last time that house sold in 2004, it sold for $11,000,000. Not a bad profit in about 50 years.

That's not true.

Minus a couple of areas, like beverly hills, it would be worth about 400,000

On average, in america, a house doubles in 30 years.

That's historical... You can look it up.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2015, 07:16:23 PM »
That's not true.

Minus a couple of areas, like beverly hills, it would be worth about 400,000

On average, in america, a house doubles in 30 years.

That's historical... You can look it up.

I don't live in Beverly Hills. In the example I gave using my current home, it has more than doubled in price in 17 years. The neighborhood where I live is fairly middle-class.

Using another personal example, the first house my wife and I bought, we purchased in the early 1970's for $13,000. We put around $10,000 into remodeling it. When we put it on the market about 12 years later, we sold it for $62,000. Today it is worth about the same as the home I presently live in and it is much smaller and very much older. It is also closer to the city center, which is where people want to live in Portland, OR.

The second house we bought, cost $72,000. We sold this house 15 years later for $175,000. Other than usual maintenance, the house required no remodeling to make it more saleable.

Both houses were well priced and sold within a few weeks of putting them up for sale.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »

Now take that $200,000 in interest and add in the tax deduction benefit. That's $200K you didn't pay close to 40% tax on. So with crude math, that is $80K back into your pocket right off the top.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2015, 11:49:31 PM »

^^
Post up a selfie with one of the cops or it's all bullshit...

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2015, 12:44:21 AM »
I don't live in Beverly Hills. In the example I gave using my current home, it has more than doubled in price in 17 years. The neighborhood where I live is fairly middle-class.

Using another personal example, the first house my wife and I bought, we purchased in the early 1970's for $13,000. We put around $10,000 into remodeling it. When we put it on the market about 12 years later, we sold it for $62,000. Today it is worth about the same as the home I presently live in and it is much smaller and very much older. It is also closer to the city center, which is where people want to live in Portland, OR.

The second house we bought, cost $72,000. We sold this house 15 years later for $175,000. Other than usual maintenance, the house required no remodeling to make it more saleable.

Both houses were well priced and sold within a few weeks of putting them up for sale.

Then I will chalk it up to dumb fucking luck.

If you do the math, that's all I'm talking about... In the USA, on AVERAGE, across the country, houses double in value every 30 years.

That's just what the math works out to.

If you made more, then that's great... I'm happy for you, but again, that's not the norm.

If you take odd times like the crazy housing market time from 2002-2007. That was abnormal, but the average, for over a century has been that house values double over 30 years.

That's just the numbers.

It's easy to look it up.