Author Topic: Obama/Pelosi-Care Will Require a Monthly Abortion Premium (WTF???)  (Read 558 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
GOP Leader Blog
Speaker Pelosi’s Government-Run Health Plan Will Require a Monthly Abortion Premium
Posted by GOP Leader Press Office on November 5th, 2009

________________________ ________________________ _______________________

Health care reform should not be used as an opportunity to use federal funds to pay for elective abortions. Health reform should be an opportunity to protect human life - not end it.

Unfortunately, Speaker Pelosi’s 2,032-page government takeover of health care does just that.  On line 17, p. 110, section 222 under “Abortions for which Public Funding is Allowed” the Health and Human Services Secretary is given the authority to determine when abortion is allowed under the government-run plan.  The Speaker’s plan also requires that at least one insurance plan offered in the Exchange covers abortions.

What is even more alarming is that a monthly abortion premium will be charged of all enrollees in the government-run plan.  It’s right there on line 16, page 96, section 213, under “Insurance Rating Rules.”  The premium will be paid into a U.S. Treasury account - and these federal funds will be used to pay for the abortion services.

Section 213 describes the process in which the Health Benefits Commissioner is to assess the monthly premiums that will be used to pay for elective abortions under the government-run plan.  The Commissioner must charge at a minimum $1 per enrollee per month.

A majority of Americans believe that health care plans should not be mandated to provide elective abortion coverage, and a majority of Americans do not believe government health care plans should include abortion coverage. Currently, federal appropriations bills include language known as the Hyde Amendment that prohibits the use of federal funds to pay for elective abortions under the Medicare and Medicaid programs, while another provision, known as the Smith Amendment, prohibits federal funding of abortion under the federal employees’ health benefits plan.

Speaker Pelosi’s 2,032-page health care monstrosity is an affront to the American people and drastically moves away from current policy.  The American people deserve more from their government than being forced to pay for abortion.

House Republicans are offering a common-sense, responsible solution that would reduce health care costs and expand access while protecting the dignity of all human life. The Republican plan, available at HealthCare.GOP.gov, would codify the Hyde Amendment and prohibit all authorized and appropriated federal funds from being used to pay for abortion. And under the Republican plan, any health plan that includes abortion coverage may not receive federal funds.

Permalink |

________________________ ________________________ ______________

Why am I not surprised? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Obama/Pelosi-Care Will Require a Monthly Abortion Premium (WTF???)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »
Why is this news to you? Democrats support abortion, Republicans do not. 

And under the Republican plan, any health plan that includes abortion coverage may not receive federal funds. - Despite it being legal.  Hmm if that isn't trying to circumvent roe v wade i don't know what is. 
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »

And under the Republican plan, any health plan that includes abortion coverage may not receive federal funds. - Despite it being legal.  Hmm if that isn't trying to circumvent roe v wade i don't know what is. 

You can have all the abortions you want.Please tell me why tax payers should pay for it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »

goodness some of ppl are idiots

ist not circumventing anything numbnut drinking alcohol is legal but i dont get govt subsidies do I?  ::)
THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!!!!!!!!!

sorry alot of ppl dont feel the need to pay for other ppl to shirk their responsibility ohhhh ya dont forget that alot of ppl consider this murder...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »

I shouldnt have to pay for it. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:19 AM »
goodness some of ppl are idiots

ist not circumventing anything numbnut drinking alcohol is legal but i dont get govt subsidies do I?  ::)
THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!!!!!!!!!

sorry alot of ppl dont feel the need to pay for other ppl to shirk their responsibility ohhhh ya dont forget that alot of ppl consider this murder...

Um it is if that is the only reason they do not get them.  That is a not so subtle push toward no abortion, and circumventing the courts.  
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:32:11 AM »
Um it is if that is the only reason they do not get them.  That is a not so subtle push toward no abortion, and circumventing the courts.  

No wonder we have Obama as president with people like yourself. 

If someone wants an abortion, let them pay for it themselves.  WTF is wrong with you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 09:34:57 AM »
LOL what? explain that logic to me brain child

they can still get an abortion, they can still get healthcare

alot of shit is legal in this country golf is legal i dont get paid by the govt to play golf is that circumventing the law?  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
or better yet brain child abortion is in 99.9% of cases elective as is plastic surgery so should the health care bill allow for elective plastic surgery as well? I mean its legal and by your logic that would be circumventing the law  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
or better yet brain child abortion is in 99.9% of cases elective as is plastic surgery so should the health care bill allow for elective plastic surgery as well? I mean its legal and by your logic that would be circumventing the law  ::)

KC is a perfect example of the average democrat voter - WANTS THE GOVT CRADLE TO GRAVE TO PAY FOR AND DO EVERYTHING FOR HIM.