Author Topic: Another classy move by Obama - Calls McDonnell to congratulate him  (Read 388 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Obama calls McDonnell to offer congratulations

RICHMOND, Virginia (CNN) - Virginia's Republican Gov.-elect Bob McDonnell took a congratulatory phone call from President Obama the morning after his landslide victory over Democrat Creigh Deeds, McDonnell told reporters Wednesday.

The call came shortly after 11 a.m. this morning, he said.

"He was exceptionally gracious and kind," McDonnell noted. "We had a couple of laughs. He said that be sure the first thing you do is thank your wife."

"He also told me he thought we ran a very good campaign that it was a good contest, and now that the campaign was over he hoped we would work closely together to govern, especially with Virginia being a neighboring state to the District of Columbia," he said.

The White House said Wednesday that the president called the winners of all of last night's races, including Republican Gov.-elect Chris Christie of New Jersey, Democrat Bill Owens of New York's 23rd congressional district, and independent New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Another classy move by Obama - Calls McDonnell to congratulate him
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
I believe Obama will be named Virgina's Man of the Year next week.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 12:08:37 PM »
I believe Obama will be named Virgina's Man of the Year next week.

Definately, for waking up the opposition party! 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
Obama...the savior of real Repubs everywhere.
L

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 03:22:05 PM »
Wow what a classy guy!

Lord knows that if a republican was president and a democrat had won as governor of VA, the republican would have paid a bunch of thugs to burn a cross on the Governor elects lawn and to smear his car with feces.

Thank heavens those civilized democrats are in power to show the rest of the world how to be gracious in times of defeat!