Author Topic: Sports Hernia?  (Read 1890 times)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Sports Hernia?
« on: April 08, 2012, 10:06:10 AM »
I was doing 45 degree leg presses a few weeks ago. It was my 5th work set, and I was at a high weight shooting for 10 reps. On rep 4, I hear a pop in my inner upper left thigh, and it felt like a muscle "unraveled" or "rolled up". Needless to say I cut it short and hobbled out. At first I thought I had torn a groin muscle, more specificlly, one of the adductor muscles. As moving my leg from the outside to the inside of my body is very, very painful. I have a 3 inch by 3 inch bruise at that adductor location as well. Fast forward 3 weeks to now, and I think I may have a sports hernia instead. The pain goes from the inner groin area, all the way to my abs. I tried to do some crunches the other day, and could not get even one. My balls hurt from time to time as well, nothing major, but I feel something. I would think if it was a groin tear, it would be limited to that area. But how it extends all the way into my abs has me wondering if it is not a sports hernia. Has anyone had either? What were your symptoms?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Sports Hernia?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
Dude. MRI ASAP. See a doctor.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 01:30:29 PM »
Dude. MRI ASAP. See a doctor.

X2

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »
^^^^^I just had my neck fused in November and have to have bone removed from the back of my neck in July so my spine can decompress. So, needless to say, I'm in no hurry to have another surgery. Which I'm sure will happen if I have an MRI and my Doc has his way. I just want to rehab whatever it is on my own if at all possible. It feels much better than it did when it happened, but still bothering me enough to not work out legs or abs.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 04:27:05 PM »
Bad idea. Longer you wait the worse the recovery will be.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 05:07:59 PM »
Bad idea. Longer you wait the worse the recovery will be.

Do you have experience with this type of injury? I've read that both can be rehabbed without surgery, not sure how true that is though.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 01:48:55 AM »
I do not. Just speaking based on the severity you described.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:49:09 AM »
The prime suggestion would be to see a doctor right away (as others have advised). Don't want to self treat a limiting injury and compound it by making it worse. Wondering why you are asking a bunch of stranger on a web site. Had close experience with sports, training and similar problems on others. Though not an expert by any means, leaving that to a qualified doctor.

If you had  a "rolled up" feeling, that would suggest a torn muscle insert (ligament/tendon...the muscle is torn away from the bone), very serious. Surgery/reattachment  will be required, because it will not heal it's self. Can also be a rupture/tear, which may or may not be healed by rest, depending on the extent of the rip/injury. The heavy bruise indicates broken blood vessels, where the blood pools around the injury area. If having a lump or bulge, in the area, that might be defined as a "rolled up" muscle, torn from the bone.

Your injury may feel better at times, which may act as a false positive in reality. If wanting a normal, or a exceptional above average functioning  body, than may want to seek  medical advice. Good Luck.
F