Author Topic: Lyle Alzado  (Read 35295 times)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: Lyle Alzado
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 08:05:56 PM »
Where did you hear this?

There's an older man that trains at my gym that use to train out West when he was younger. He told me that he had spoken with a man that trained at the same gym that Arnold trained at in California. Apparently, in his own words, Arnold and Franco were very " close " and were sometimes seen kissing or holding hands ... I kid you not ! But ... who knows ? We weren't there.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 08:50:49 AM »
They have different customs in Europe so maybe it's not so sexual as we might expect. In Russia, men will hold hands while walking. They even have hand holding on a game field in the NFL. So really, who can say there is any truth to the rumor about Franco & Arnold. Kissing on both cheeks is another gesture of friendship in Europe and the middle east. Of course playing tongue hockey and rear ending each other would really leave no doubt about F&A.. But until those picture are presented on the Drudgereport, I believe they were just good European friends.

A couple of relations of mine use to work on the Paramount lot (VanNess & Melrose ave) back in the day. Many stories of Arnold nailing anything female he could reach out and grab, on any set he was shooting at. A few law suites were bought off, I've been told. A real hound dog.
F

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 09:17:26 AM »
Arnold likes teh women.  Find the gay thing hard to believe
X

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 01:22:10 PM »
Lyle Alzado's death did not stop other NFL players from using steroids so it is obvious his death was related to more than just anabolics because it is reasonable to believe that he took many other pharmaceutical products to play professional football. 

There is no question other drugs played a factor in his death. So did F.C.I.A!

The Beef

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 06:08:27 PM »

I wouldn't count it out ...

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
everyone thinks he died of brain cancer, he died of aids it was a known fact by those in the nfl that he was gay and used to train with his bf in l.a.

Thats bullshit. In 1990 Alzado was 290 pounds and trying to comeback with the Raiders. He got hurt or he would have made the team. In 1992 he was dead. You don't go from 290 pounds to dead in two years from aids. Also he had chemo and radiation which you get if you have cancer.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 07:49:33 PM »
This is a true story. The NFL gives all the guys who are drafted some kind of IQ test. Lyle Alzado scored lower on it than any white player ever.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 11:16:24 AM »
That would be the Wonderlic test that is given to potential NFl drafed college players.  It's given at the combines each year.

It's a general knowledge & attitude, common sense and a reacting under mental stress test. Like a college SAT test. Not a IQ test. Vince Young, last year, had a very, very low score so some doubts were cast about him as a thinking QB. How wrong could that be now and how stupid the NFL is at times. Not sure if they had the Wonderlic test when Alzado was first drafted out of college. I do not know.

The rumor was that Alzado was AC/DC and  (at one time) a part owner in a rough trade gay bar in west LA. He did like more of the fem type I have been told. AIDs does not always take years to become full blown.  AID's is like cancer, there are many varietys of it, not just one version. Been known to take a life in one or two years. I have to believe (sorry) that Alzado did die from the Aids virus. Three of my retatives are, or have been, in the NFL and that rumor about Alzado has been around for years.
F

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »
That would be the Wonderlic test that is given to potential NFl drafed college players.  It's given at the combines each year.

It's a general knowledge & attitude, common sense and a reacting under mental stress test. Like a college SAT test. Not a IQ test. Vince Young, last year, had a very, very low score so some doubts were cast about him as a thinking QB. How wrong could that be now and how stupid the NFL is at times. Not sure if they had the Wonderlic test when Alzado was first drafted out of college. I do not know.

The rumor was that Alzado was AC/DC and  (at one time) a part owner in a rough trade gay bar in west LA. He did like more of the fem type I have been told. AIDs does not always take years to become full blown.  AID's is like cancer, there are many varietys of it, not just one version. Been known to take a life in one or two years. I have to believe (sorry) that Alzado did die from the Aids virus. Three of my retatives are, or have been, in the NFL and that rumor about Alzado has been around for years.

Alzado's autopsy said he contracted a brain cancer that was present in some of the human HGH Alzado took. The guys brain who they synthesized the HGH had a case of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. It was passed on to Alzado.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 11:26:48 AM »

Alzado's autopsy said he contracted a brain cancer that was present in some of the human HGH Alzado took. The guys brain who they synthesized the HGH had a case of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. It was passed on to Alzado.

If he was terminally ill, why was an autopsy performed? Surely, only if theres doubt as to cause of death an autopsy takes place? In his case, he was under supervison and testing by doctors who presumely knew what was happening to him while he was still alive?

They can pick up that the gh had CJ disease, track the cadaver down, confirm that indeed donor suffered from condition, and it was passed on eventually causing Alzado's death? Forgive my incredulous question, but why would his corpse be so closely scrutinized and does this technology exist now(as well as capacity, manpower, finance), much less when Alzado passed away? People hardly knew what aids was then, nevermind forensic testing of this magnitude.

I doubt this, sounds like conspiracy theory... If the guy was gay, contracted aids, didnt want it publicized, no problem, I understand, but these theories are hard to believe.

OneBigMan

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 05:28:55 PM »
Thats bullshit. In 1990 Alzado was 290 pounds and trying to comeback with the Raiders. He got hurt or he would have made the team. In 1992 he was dead. You don't go from 290 pounds to dead in two years from aids. Also he had chemo and radiation which you get if you have cancer.

It is a bunch of BS because what you said stands on it's own as being the reason why he died in 1992. I remember when he was on Roy Firestone's ESPN talk show describing how he got cancer and him saying how much regret he had over trying to make a comeback attempt with the Raiders since he couldn't do it without taking steroids. The guy was married at the time he died and was a father as well. 

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 08:37:01 AM »
"THIS IS WHAT RESULTS FROM CARPI-SARCOMA WHEN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS SHOT WHICH AS ANYONE WITH EVEN SLIGHT MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE KNOWS CAN ONLY BE CAUSE FROM HAVING AIDS."
----------------------------------------------------

This statement alone, from the misspellings, down to being completely wrong, is enough reason to discredit almost the entire article. Sorry.

I will state for the record though; Lacy Rich is one wacked out creep, and he does have some sick pictures. ;D

It was common knowledge among many in the NFL that Alzado died of AIDS. I have personally spoken to 3 former players in the NFL that have told me that. The NFL did a fantastic job covering it up.   
     It's one of those things that when you look back at, You can' t believe you didn't figure it out earlier.  :o
     It's like Barry Bonds-It never occured to me 5 years ago that it was juice that caused him & others to hit so many HR's. But when I look back, I can't believe It took me so long to figure out, And I was a juicer myself.

OneBigMan

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 09:12:02 AM »
     It was common knowledge among many in the NFL that Alzado died of AIDS. I have personally spoken to 3 former players in the NFL that have told me that. The NFL did a fantastic job covering it up.   
     It's one of those things that when you look back at, You can' t believe you didn't figure it out earlier.  :o
     It's like Barry Bonds-It never occured to me 5 years ago that it was juice that caused him & others to hit so many HR's. But when I look back, I can't believe It took me so long to figure out, And I was a juicer myself.

Why would that be common knowledge since he would have definitely kept the true reasons behind having his illness a secret especially after Magic Johnson had to reveal that he became HIV positive the year before Alzado died.

It is hard to believe that the NFL would cover up the hidden reasons why he died because people inside pro football would have rather believed that than having to stay silent about his revelations as to how many types of steriods he took while playing for the Raiders so that the issue would only expose him and not other players who knew they did not want to end up like Lyle Alzado.

It is very skeptical and fictional that he died from AIDS because that should have been revealed within a certain period of time after he died since there are documented cases of other former pro football players who died from complications related to heavy dosages of steroid use. One example I am familiar with is a player named Mike Webster who played for the Steelers.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
My two cents worth.  Even though I lived just down the street from Lyle in the mid 80's in Manhattan Beach I didn't know him that well.  He was cool and everything, we waved whenever we saw each other.  My daughters godfather is Pete Grymkowski who knew Lyle very well and I think was one of the pallbearers at his funeral.  I highly doubt Lyle died of aids.  He had cancer and was going through chemo.  If he did get aids I also highly doubt it was from a guy.  It was probably from a girl who had it.  He was not a fag.  Rumors start but thats all they were, were rumors.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »
My two cents worth.  Even though I lived just down the street from Lyle in the mid 80's in Manhattan Beach I didn't know him that well.  He was cool and everything, we waved whenever we saw each other.  My daughters godfather is Pete Grymkowski who knew Lyle very well and I think was one of the pallbearers at his funeral.  I highly doubt Lyle died of aids.  He had cancer and was going through chemo.  If he did get aids I also highly doubt it was from a guy.  It was probably from a girl who had it.  He was not a fag.  Rumors start but thats all they were, were rumors.

if you didnt know him very well, how do you know he wasnt a homo?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 01:12:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure he didnt advertise fact he was homo.
So what you see, is what he wants you to see, its just difficult realizing that someone you thought was the epitomy of what a real man is, and he turns out to be "not-as-straight" as you thought.
It shocked me when I found out George Michael and Freddy Mercury were fags... :-[ I didnt listen to music for a long time after that...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 01:18:55 AM »
if you didnt know him very well, how do you know he wasnt a homo?

Well you are right I guess I don't but the same goes for the people on here who don't know him yet calling him a fag and going by rumors ONLY.  I just think its unusual for someone who was so much in the spotlight like him that only after his death or visible physical deterioration that rumors came out he was gay.  If he was gay I would think it would have made the news many years before all this.  He was married and had kids if I remember right.  Like I said I rarely saw him and maybe said 10 words to him.  He just so happened to move into a house down the street from me when the Raiders came to El Segundo.  He wasn't a friend and highly doubt he would remembered my name, just good enough to acknowledge each other.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 09:37:52 AM »
That would be shocking to find out the front singer for Queen was gay. George Michaels that way too..gosh! Might as well throw John Travolta into the mix. I know two women at Uni who say that two sexual law suite were filed against him by male studio employee's...so far. Bought off, of course by studio heads. Travolta looks pretty straight to most people. And how manly did Rock Hudsons look?

Just because Alzado did not wear a sign on his helmet saying "Kiss Me, I'm Gay" doesn't mean he was or was not. The NFL is going to keep that hush-hush too save their image. We will just have to let him rest in peace. Whatever secret he had or didn't have, will be taken  to the grave with him.
F

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
Rock Hudson was gay? :o :o :o :o

Whats next, Simon Cowell?

OneBigMan

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2007, 05:28:06 AM »
I'm glad that the screen name "johnny" knows about the example I gave about what tragically happened to Mike Webster. As for Alzado, the exact reason why he died of the medical illness he had is not a exact science. I don't know why it took so long for Alzado's example to be mentioned since this getbig message board was around before and at the time when ESPN did a story to remind people of ALzado ten years after he died in May 1992. IF people want to keep speculating about Alzado and AIDS so many irrelevant years after his story has been already told on television, then that is not surprising anymore because of why and how rumors are started to label a person in a insulting and denigrating way.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2007, 05:57:22 AM »
Yes, it is irrelevant.

So, anyone got some straight, happy stories about Alzado? ;D

OneBigMan

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »
The worst thing you could say about the late Lyle Alzado is that I still vaguely remember a few Raider games I saw in the mid-eighties where he looked like he was a sadistic person who was in many ways barbaric and very animalistic based on how he used to rip off his opponents helmet or grab another players jersey and refused to let go.

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »
The worst thing you could say about the late Lyle Alzado is that I still vaguely remember a few Raider games I saw in the mid-eighties where he looked like he was a sadistic person who was in many ways barbaric and very animalistic based on how he used to rip off his opponents helmet or grab another players jersey and refused to let go.
He wanted sex with them

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »
Brock Stinson "Ernest Goes to Camp

classic

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 11:21:41 PM »

Yes, Arnold likes the ladies, but it's pretty much common knowledge now that in his younger days (maybe even now, who knows) that he nailed anything that moved, including dudes :(.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease