Author Topic: Warren Buffett's net worth by age  (Read 18985 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Warren Buffett's net worth by age
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2019, 08:31:29 AM »

"Spending it is not his thing"   You said that he has fun making money, yet wont spend!?   Then, why have it?

Some people love to spend money they don't have so I guess he's the opposite,

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2019, 02:33:37 PM »
Thats interesting.  Did his children turn out to be "normal", responsible (productive members of society and not bitter towards their father)?

Has Buffet ever disclosed his reasons for amassing so much wealth if he wasnt going to use and enjoy it?

Side note I read he is the son of a US Congressman.

he hoards money, probably loses sleep knowing 2 people bill gates and jeff bezos have more

still lives in the same somewhat modest nebraska house he bought over 50 years ago, what the hell is the point in being a billionaire if you live like you make 70k a year?   

i don't think it's about not spoiling the kids, he just has to hoard as much money as possible for ego reasons

E
E

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2019, 02:36:59 PM »
he hoards money, probably loses sleep knowing 2 people bill gates and jeff bezos have more

still lives in the same somewhat modest nebraska house he bought over 50 years ago, what the hell is the point in being a billionaire if you live like you make 70k a year?   

i don't think it's about not spoiling the kids, he just has to hoard as much money as possible for ego reasons

E

I agree

It’s all in the ego for him, haha he must have nightmares over bezos and Gates, what a problem to have

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2019, 02:49:17 PM »
Buffett owned two houses for a lot of his life, he just happens to really like Nebraska -

Nebraska house -

The California house he owned for 35 - 40 years, and sold a few years ago -

Also, I'm sure there are corporate properties owned all over that he could have use of.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2019, 02:53:14 PM »
His house is 6,570 sq. ft.

It's not some post-war cape cod in Levittown.

Front view...