Author Topic: Softball  (Read 327318 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Softball
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2012, 01:34:00 PM »

My foot is the size of a softball :-X
Cripes. That sucks. Is that gonna lay you out for long? 3 weeks of no games and now this nonsense.  Play catcher, 1st?   :-\

Aside: Couple games ago, a bud shot me the bat he just popped up with. Problem was the sun was in my eyes - barrel came down right on my big toe. Next day, it looked like Fred Flintstone's.    ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »
Bunch of old cripples up in this board. Took 2000mg of Aleve before last night's game. Played fine. Couldn't feel a thing.    ;D
Fark dont give up yet.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2012, 04:39:57 AM »
Cripes. That sucks. Is that gonna lay you out for long? 3 weeks of no games and now this nonsense.  Play catcher, 1st?   :-\

Aside: Couple games ago, a bud shot me the bat he just popped up with. Problem was the sun was in my eyes - barrel came down right on my big toe. Next day, it looked like Fred Flintstone's.    ;D

Hopefully good to go Tuesday...battle of 2 undefeated...the guy playing my outfield spot can hit but he's so slow it looks like he's running in mud when he's chasing a fly.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2012, 07:02:53 AM »
Bunch of old cripples up in this board. Took 2000mg of Aleve before last night's game. Played fine. Couldn't feel a thing.    ;D

I'm on 4 a day.   Playing through two ac joint separations.  

I don't feel it too much playing, but turning the wheel of a car and if I sleep on either the wrong way......ouch.

We play one of the top three teams in the state of RI next week.  Looking forward to the challenge, but expecting to get swept.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2012, 09:50:52 AM »
I'm on 4 a day.   Playing through two ac joint separations.  

I don't feel it too much playing, but turning the wheel of a car and if I sleep on either the wrong way......ouch.

We play one of the top three teams in the state of RI next week.  Looking forward to the challenge, but expecting to get swept.
Hey, have fun, eh? And, you never know, sometimes the team just really comes together; or, the other team falls apart.    ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »
Hey, have fun, eh? And, you never know, sometimes the team just really comes together; or, the other team falls apart.    ;D

We have to be perfect and they have to make mistakes.  They usually just place the ball where they want it, and use their HRs when the bases get full (3 HR limit per game).

We have a 14 team league, where 4-5 are "A" travel/tourney teams.  We are the best of the next level.  We have beaten a bunch of the A teams, but this one is like an A+, if that makes any sense.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
We have to be perfect and they have to make mistakes.  They usually just place the ball where they want it, and use their HRs when the bases get full (3 HR limit per game).

We have a 14 team league, where 4-5 are "A" travel/tourney teams.  We are the best of the next level.  We have beaten a bunch of the A teams, but this one is like an A+, if that makes any sense.

We play in the weaker division but as soon as the makups are over that will change...the city champ usually comes from that side....our last game we had other teams come to watch us.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
Double header tomorrow night at 7 and 8.....game at 7 is against the only other team that doesn't have a loss.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:08 AM »
Lost our first game of the year last night.gave up 9 in the first and could never catch up.
I haven't swung a bat in 5 weeks....first time up a weak grounder to the pitcher....second time up I hit a bomb.the right center took two steps then watched go out....third time up a pop up to the second baseman.

we run ruled the team in the second game.I sat it out and had a six pack down before the game was over :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2012, 06:42:46 AM »
Nice work on the bomb, Calvin.

So, we actaull beat that tourney team last night in the first game.  They, for some reason, burned all their HRs in the first two innings, and one was a solo shot.  We trailed 10-2 after 2 but were able to shut them down as some of their line drives found our gloves.  Turning point in the 4th we scored 6 with two outs to go up 15-10, and won 19-11.

Then, I guess they woke up and hit lasers all over the field, with one measured 400 ft bomb, and we were mercied 24-11 after 15.   All in all, a big win for us.
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »
Lost our first game of the year last night.gave up 9 in the first and could never catch up.
I haven't swung a bat in 5 weeks....first time up a weak grounder to the pitcher....second time up I hit a bomb.the right center took two steps then watched go out....third time up a pop up to the second baseman.

we run ruled the team in the second game.I sat it out and had a six pack down before the game was over :)

::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
Another loss. Underwhelming, yet again. Fielding fine, but oh my brothers, 1-4.      :-[

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
Another loss. Underwhelming, yet again. Fielding fine, but oh my brothers, 1-4.      :-[
FARK

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2012, 06:05:04 AM »
Makeup game on Sun....gonna be in the 90's%!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2012, 06:44:11 AM »
Makeup game on Sun....gonna be in the 90's%!
On really hot days, I put my golf umbrella in my ballbag. People laugh, but after an inning or two, it's not so funny anymore, and they try steal some shade.    ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2012, 06:50:53 AM »
I put my golf umbrella in my ballbag

I think bradistini posted a .gif of this once.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »
Won last night.I was 1-1 with 2 walks.

...we ended the game with a triple play :o

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »
On really hot days, I put my golf umbrella in my ballbag. People laugh, but after an inning or two, it's not so funny anymore, and they try steal some shade.    ;D
This sounds weak.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2012, 11:21:01 AM »
I think we won last night, but can't be sure. Both teams played poorly, and when the last out was called we fived real fast and ran, RAN, for the cars - the mosquitoes were lethal.  2-4     :-\

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »
This sounds weak.
I guess it does. Dealt with some melanomas 5 years back. I now totally err on the side of (over)caution, these days. If it costs me some cool points, I'm ok with that.   

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: July 06, 2012, 12:29:25 PM »
I guess it does. Dealt with some melanomas 5 years back. I now totally err on the side of (over)caution, these days. If it costs me some cool points, I'm ok with that.   
Keep a check on them melanomas. They may come back

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #271 on: July 06, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »
Keep a check on them melanomas. They may come back
I'm pretty vigilant. I have a few marks where it looks like all the top layers of skin have been 'burned' off leaving the under stuff exposed. So far, they haven't changed in appearance.   :)

/oh, and your beer stays cooler under an umbrella, so there's that.   :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2012, 04:49:28 AM »
Won again,something like 9-4

...eeewww 0-3..hit 2 ropes but right at people :-\

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »
Won last night against a sleeping Miken-sponsored 'SPIN' team. We played well, no real mistakes, and they were complacent and popped them up a lot, and weren't aggressive on the base paths.  I am under no illusions, tho -ie. if they wanted to get really serious, the outcome might be very different. Fun game, and they're all good people.

/2-3   with a nice tater

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2012, 05:11:13 PM »
Won last night against a sleeping Miken-sponsored 'SPIN' team. We played well, no real mistakes, and they were complacent and popped them up a lot, and weren't aggressive on the base paths.  I am under no illusions, tho -ie. if they wanted to get really serious, the outcome might be very different. Fun game, and they're all good people.

/2-3   with a nice tater

Nice work, my fellow primate.

It's always nice to beat a sponsored team.   How far are your fences, or do you play without them?
Y