Author Topic: Softball  (Read 327381 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Softball
« Reply #325 on: August 08, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »
Team played well tonight. Took a nice win.  4-4

Just found out we've got a birthday this weekend to celebrate, so we're gonna try to hit the Jays/Yankees game on our way back from the tourney. Beer. Lotta beer.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #326 on: August 09, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
Team played well tonight. Took a nice win.  4-4

Just found out we've got a birthday this weekend to celebrate, so we're gonna try to hit the Jays/Yankees game on our way back from the tourney. Beer. Lotta beer.

Yes, you only turn 100 once !!!!  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2012, 06:28:04 AM »
Well, another tourney and more losses. Played fine, but the hyped big hitters we were supposed to play with all turned out to be duds. Oh sure, they had the expensive bats, but getting on base seemed to be a problem. Grrr. To the plus, beer tent was pretty good, and it was nice to see the Jays beat the Yanks, for once. Highlights were Jeter's 3-4 and Davis' amazing homerun-robbing catch.   

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
Well, another tourney and more losses. Played fine, but the hyped big hitters we were supposed to play with all turned out to be duds. Oh sure, they had the expensive bats, but getting on base seemed to be a problem. Grrr. To the plus, beer tent was pretty good, and it was nice to see the Jays beat the Yanks, for once. Highlights were Jeter's 3-4 and Davis' amazing homerun-robbing catch.   
Fark

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »
Fark
Waiting around before the Sat afternoon game having some beers listening to our new SS tell our 1st how he throws really, really hard but to be ready because he's deadly accurate. First play he gets the ball he bumbles the pick-up and rifles the ball over the right field fence. 1st is, like, WTF!? The rest of us just walk back to position.   :-X       ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2012, 06:22:10 AM »
Got crushed in three innings by the city champs...we were missing our lcf,3rd baseman,and second baseman but still :-\

....only 1 at bat and popped up to short ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2012, 07:39:20 PM »
Got crushed in three innings by the city champs...we were missing our lcf,3rd baseman,and second baseman but still :-\

....only 1 at bat and popped up to short ::)

Stick to running up mtns, stud.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #332 on: August 20, 2012, 04:10:52 AM »
Got a surprise win, yesterday. Came off the field and saw the guys starting to shake hands and asked what we lost by only to be told we won by a run. Nice.    :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #333 on: August 22, 2012, 05:29:53 AM »
Man we are a beat up team.catcher played with a bad back,right center out with a bad back,2b done for the year with ligament damage in his wrist,left center played 2nd cuz he has a pulled hammy.

our  3rd baseman played ss and couldnt make a clean throw to first...hell,I think he threw one ball into Long Island sound :-\,we also ended 3 innings by getting thrown out running the bases ::)

scored 25 runs and lost :(

....moved up in the batters box....3-3 with two home runs :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2012, 12:56:54 PM »
Man we are a beat up team.catcher played with a bad back,right center out with a bad back,2b done for the year with ligament damage in his wrist,left center played 2nd cuz he has a pulled hammy.

our  3rd baseman played ss and couldnt make a clean throw to first...hell,I think he threw one ball into Long Island sound :-\,we also ended 3 innings by getting thrown out running the bases ::)

scored 25 runs and lost :(

....moved up in the batters box....3-3 with two home runs :)
Hey, sounds like you *knocks on wood* found your swing, again. What was the deal?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2012, 08:55:32 AM »
Hey, sounds like you *knocks on wood* found your swing, again. What was the deal?

Simple as it sounds,just moving up in the batters box.
I was so deep in the box that every strike seemed low and I was reaching and either popping it up or hitting ground balls.

....moved up and low and behold!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »

Simple as it sounds,just moving up in the batters box.
I was so deep in the box that every strike seemed low and I was reaching and either popping it up or hitting ground balls.

....moved up and low and behold!
Cool! Funny how shit works. I'm way deep - left foot 6" back of the plate. *smack*   

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
I stand middle plate and run up if I feel like it.  I never had this habit, playing so much fast pitch, but now I've adapted a bit.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2012, 09:55:40 AM »
Games 1-2 of championship #2 tonight (3 out of 5).

Fucking team had to postpone Tues, and now the remainder will be made up Mon and Tues......when I'm on vacation.   >:(
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »
Games 1-2 of championship #2 tonight (3 out of 5).

Fucking team had to postpone Tues, and now the remainder will be made up Mon and Tues......when I'm on vacation.   >:(
Stay cool, Grape. Step in the box, then step back out. Pretend like you're in control. *tater*    :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2012, 06:19:20 AM »
Split.  Crap.   Was hoping to leave for vacation with a clear conscious.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #341 on: August 27, 2012, 03:06:37 PM »
 ;D  MISTER SOFTBALL
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #342 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »
Passport snafu delayed vacation a day.  Got to play the next two.   

2 leagues, 2 titles this year.  All in all, a good season.   Now I can rehab my shoulders for reals.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #343 on: August 31, 2012, 04:14:34 AM »
First game of the playoffs a loss - what a surprise. Our second was a frickin' sieve. My batting is a strong as it's ever been. Nice. Next game is tonight and is gonna be another loss. If these guys are on form, we will get crushed.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2012, 05:12:23 AM »
Lost by 5 tues night.
tough to win when I'm the only regular outfielder playing.
we need to get healthy for the playoffs!
our left center dropped at least 4 EASY fly balls ::)
last inning i told the coach i was going to play lc and the guy ran out there as fast as he could so no one could pull him....drops an easy one and they end up scoring 6

1-3...ball was dead!...felt i was hitting the crap out of the ball but it went nowhere.

...standing on second after a double and the throw comes in and the second baseman whiffs it and smack!! right in the calf >:(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2012, 06:21:55 AM »
Lost by 5 tues night.
tough to win when I'm the only regular outfielder playing.
we need to get healthy for the playoffs!
our left center dropped at least 4 EASY fly balls ::)
last inning i told the coach i was going to play lc and the guy ran out there as fast as he could so no one could pull him....drops an easy one and they end up scoring 6

1-3...ball was dead!...felt i was hitting the crap out of the ball but it went nowhere.

...standing on second after a double and the throw comes in and the second baseman whiffs it and smack!! right in the calf >:(
Brutal.  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2012, 06:30:20 AM »
Brutal.  ;D

He called me off for one.....and dropped it! >:(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2012, 07:04:51 PM »
Ach. Lost by ten. Could have been five. We played pretty well. 2-3: db, hr, and then tried to get to second, misjudged the relay, and got run down. Stupid. Stupid. Tomorrow's opponent's in big trouble.    >:(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #348 on: September 05, 2012, 04:23:43 AM »
Season over. Ended up finishing 4th in the league tourney, which was punching far above our weight, and the last game came down to the last out of the last inning. So close. A fun game, too - no hard feelings or regrets. We definitely were not a 4th-place team, so all were happy with the finish.

Last tourney in a couple of weeks. We will win 3/4 games and not even be close to being in the playoffs. Beer tent is, no kidding, about an acre, so got that to look forward to.   

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #349 on: September 05, 2012, 07:11:53 AM »
One by 2 last night...with no help in the field from me!
switched back and forth between right and right center..field was wet and slippery....blooper down the line went under my glove and by me >:(..in right center I chased a long fly in the gap and had it hit off the the heel of my glove >:(..had a ball that took one bounce in front of me and must have hit something and it took a hard right!....good thing I was moving back and forth for defense ::)

....2-2 with a double off the fence,a single.then walked.