Author Topic: Softball  (Read 327342 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Softball
« Reply #550 on: September 12, 2015, 09:29:04 AM »
Season over. Played well-enough. Only two dingers all season. Guess my power is gone. Oh, well. My OBP was really good, but still...

Only won one game in season-ending tourney, and we really played like we could, but the other games were waaaay under-performing ones. Last one was embarrassing. I remember thinking 'what else can go wrong?' only to look up and say 'oh, that; didn't see that one coming.' Good after party and BBQ.  

Do you play with fences the majority of the time, or open.  If fences, how long?
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #551 on: September 12, 2015, 09:35:05 AM »
Except for out of town-tourneys, fences. Couple of fields are around 300, and one park has 4 of about 250 each. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #552 on: September 12, 2015, 01:20:36 PM »
Except for out of town-tourneys, fences. Couple of fields are around 300, and one park has 4 of about 250 each. 

250, that's pretty short.

Always thought 300 was fair, but of course my park is 310 in right center.

Other league is fenceless.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #553 on: September 14, 2015, 01:02:04 PM »

And the two taters were in the same game!? WTF!? Rotated the bats, but nothing gave me any more oomph. Good thing I'm on a team where it isn't glaring. As they say: you don't have to outrun the bear; you just have to outrun someone else.   :-\

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2015, 01:12:23 PM »

We are 290 with 20ft fences.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #555 on: September 23, 2015, 06:46:56 AM »
Season is over...lost in the third round of the cities.
I could see it coming...we played a really good young team and we had a nightmare Monday double header.
We played at 6 then had to wait until 9 for our next game. we didn't start until around 9:30 and someone decided to turn the lights off at 10:15. so we had to wait 15-20 minutes for them to come back on and unbelievably they went off again 20 minutes later and we had to wait again. then we played 10 innings.
by the time we all got home it was 12:30 and then work, than another game last night at 7.

...not a good year for me with the bat, nothing but a singles hitter this year :-\
hopefully a full winter of rest and hopefully no injuries and I'll find my power stroke again.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #556 on: September 23, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
Season is over...lost in the third round of the cities.
I could see it coming...we played a really good young team and we had a nightmare Monday double header.
We played at 6 then had to wait until 9 for our next game. we didn't start until around 9:30 and someone decided to turn the lights off at 10:15. so we had to wait 15-20 minutes for them to come back on and unbelievably they went off again 20 minutes later and we had to wait again. then we played 10 innings.
by the time we all got home it was 12:30 and then work, than another game last night at 7.

...not a good year for me with the bat, nothing but a singles hitter this year :-\
hopefully a full winter of rest and hopefully no injuries and I'll find my power stroke again.
Well, if you find one of those infinity stones, don't bogart it; break me off a piece. I sure could use it. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #557 on: September 23, 2015, 09:20:11 AM »
As a former power hitter, I can teach you how to adjust your games.

But I am also fast, so it could be harder for you guys.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #558 on: September 23, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »

I'll take all the help/pointers I can get.   :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #559 on: September 23, 2015, 10:24:54 AM »

Thanks I'll let you know next spring. I'm not a power hitter anyway I'm a line drive hitter that hits some out by accident. I hit the ball really well in the scrimmages before the year but then a pulled groin, a fucked up calf, and a sore back all year and I was a mess.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #560 on: March 11, 2016, 02:17:10 PM »
Grapefruit League bump. New season coming up. Gonna cross that 50 line. Weird. I was 15, like, yesterday. Actually taking it seriously this time. May be one of my last. 

/best to all playing ball this season!

/seeing 6 jays' games (so far) this season. also going to chi-town to see cubs/sox city-series games at both wrigley and cellular. should be aces.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #561 on: March 12, 2016, 05:04:16 AM »
Grapefruit League bump. New season coming up. Gonna cross that 50 line. Weird. I was 15, like, yesterday. Actually taking it seriously this time. May be one of my last. 

/best to all playing ball this season!

/seeing 6 jays' games (so far) this season. also going to chi-town to see cubs/sox city-series games at both wrigley and cellular. should be aces.

We start in a little over a month...main goal is to make it through the season without getting hurt :-\

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #562 on: March 12, 2016, 07:27:14 AM »

We start in a little over a month...main goal is to make it through the season without getting hurt :-\
Yeah, I remember. You were one injury after another. I'm working to get some power back.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #563 on: March 31, 2016, 02:14:40 PM »
Strength back. Increasing stuff by 2.5/5lbs per 4 sessions. Hope it translates. Should be solid by openers. Still worried. As we say going up to bat, 'don't suck.'  

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #564 on: March 31, 2016, 06:22:21 PM »
Strength back. Increasing stuff by 2.5/5lbs per 4 sessions. Hope it translates. Should be solid by openers. Still worried. As we say going up to bat, 'don't suck.'  

I have faith in you Chimpsy.

Either broke my left ring finger or severly sprained the joint two weeks ago - couldn't even hit grounders to the kids yesterday, it hurt so bad.  I can throw a football, etc...can't have any contact.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #565 on: April 01, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »
I have faith in you Chimpsy.

Either broke my left ring finger or severly sprained the joint two weeks ago - couldn't even hit grounders to the kids yesterday, it hurt so bad.  I can throw a football, etc...can't have any contact.
Thanks Grape. All things looking positive, except for left-foot turf-toe. Suggestions?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #566 on: April 01, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »
Thanks Grape. All things looking positive, except for left-foot turf-toe. Suggestions?

Alleve in your system for 4 straight days - one pill every 12 hours.

And beer.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #567 on: April 04, 2016, 05:45:13 AM »
So a salesman for the company I work for runs his own baseball training company.
He was nice enough to give me a free hour and a half free hitting lesson.

...humbling when I found out that I have no idea how to hit :-\ :-[

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #568 on: April 07, 2016, 03:07:34 PM »
So a salesman for the company I work for runs his own baseball training company.
He was nice enough to give me a free hour and a half free hitting lesson.

...humbling when I found out that I have no idea how to hit :-\ :-[
I wouldn't`t even submit myself. It`d come back that I had the swing of a Quasimodo.

the bells!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #569 on: April 08, 2016, 05:20:58 AM »
I wouldn't`t even submit myself. It`d come back that I had the swing of a Quasimodo.

the bells!

Like most people I'm all upper body with my swing and no hips.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #570 on: April 08, 2016, 07:49:30 AM »

Like most people I'm all upper body with my swing and no hips.
No kidding. Me, too. We had a guy on our team who swung like it was an upper-body-after-thought. Didn`t move; then it was over the fence. Amazing.  ???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #571 on: April 08, 2016, 03:28:48 PM »
Legs and hips are everything - go back to the basics we teach the kids just starting out - "squish the bug" with your back foot by rotating it in when you swing - will drive the hips through it.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #572 on: April 12, 2016, 05:01:30 AM »
Had a practice/scrimmage last night...still working on my new swing.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #573 on: April 16, 2016, 05:31:13 AM »
Had a practice/scrimmage last night...still working on my new swing.
?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #574 on: April 17, 2016, 01:24:48 PM »
?

Calvin has the type of swing of a guy who still splits his workouts in to back/biceps, trains rear delts, and sometimes just "arms".

He is trying to become more athletic and key on hip rotation, fast twitch muscles, wrist/leg alignment, etc.....

He is struggling to let go of his old school ways, but he is trying.  We must continue to support him.  He is finally not wearing his weigh belt on the field, so it's a start.
Y