Author Topic: Softball  (Read 327310 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Softball
« Reply #575 on: April 18, 2016, 05:19:28 AM »
?

Calvin has the type of swing of a guy who still splits his workouts in to back/biceps, trains rear delts, and sometimes just "arms".

He is trying to become more athletic and key on hip rotation, fast twitch muscles, wrist/leg alignment, etc.....

He is struggling to let go of his old school ways, but he is trying.  We must continue to support him.  He is finally not wearing his weigh belt on the field, so it's a start.

Something like this ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #576 on: April 21, 2016, 05:11:49 AM »
Scrimmage last night and the season starts next Tuesday.

....hit the ball pretty well and last at bat put one out.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #577 on: April 21, 2016, 07:04:17 AM »
Nice!
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #578 on: April 25, 2016, 02:35:27 PM »
Scrimmage last night and the season starts next Tuesday.

....hit the ball pretty well and last at bat put one out.
Atta Boy! Like you can.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #579 on: April 26, 2016, 06:27:57 AM »
First game tonight but probably gonna be a rain out.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #580 on: April 28, 2016, 04:58:09 AM »
Was rained out which wasn't terrible, cold, windy, and rainy.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #581 on: May 03, 2016, 05:57:21 AM »
two weeks, two rainouts.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #582 on: May 11, 2016, 07:00:54 AM »
Finally played last night. walked first time up. chased a low pitch and hit an easy fly out second time up >:(
double in the gap third time up.
We beat a pretty good team by 3 last night.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #583 on: May 11, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »
Finally played last night. walked first time up. chased a low pitch and hit an easy fly out second time up >:(
double in the gap third time up.
We beat a pretty good team by 3 last night.

Sounds like decent cardio.
Y

Skeeter

« Reply #584 on: May 12, 2016, 06:01:58 AM »
I'm not going to read all 24 pages of this thread but I started playing softball last year for the first time since I was a kid. I grew up playing sports like hockey and football but as I've gotten older I've lost interest in playing sports where people get overly competitive. Softball has been a lot of fun so far. Most of the people that I've played against have been relaxed and made for enjoyable games.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #585 on: May 12, 2016, 06:06:05 AM »
I'm not going to read all 24 pages of this thread but I started playing softball last year for the first time since I was a kid. I grew up playing sports like hockey and football but as I've gotten older I've lost interest in playing sports where people get overly competitive. Softball has been a lot of fun so far. Most of the people that I've played against have been relaxed and made for enjoyable games.

Good luck to you.

Like any sport, there's varying levels of play, and varying levels of how players act.  If you've found a league that fits what you're looking for, it's a good time.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #586 on: May 12, 2016, 06:08:17 AM »

Cool, have fun and enjoy!

Skeeter

« Reply #587 on: May 12, 2016, 06:14:39 AM »
I enjoyed the league that my team was in last year. Another friend that will be playing in the same league asked me to play for their team as well so it looks like I'll be on two teams this year.

We had our first game in the new league last week. The team we played were quite good but very respectful crew. We lost, but it was a fun game.
Last night was our second game. There is nothing worse than playing a bunch of over competitive douche bags. They won but barely, and it had a lot to do with some less than legit calls from their side. That sorta shit kinda ruins the game. Hopefully there isn't too much of that in this league.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #588 on: May 13, 2016, 05:47:37 AM »

Last night was our second game. There is nothing worse than playing a bunch of over competitive douche bags. They won but barely, and it had a lot to do with some less than legit calls from their side. That sorta shit kinda ruins the game. Hopefully there isn't too much of that in this league.

You'll always run across a team or a player or two during the course of a season...don't let it ruin the fun for you.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #589 on: May 13, 2016, 07:09:12 AM »

You'll always run across a team or a player or two during the course of a season...don't let it ruin the fun for you.

The best way to deal with those types is to beat them.
Y

Skeeter

« Reply #590 on: May 13, 2016, 09:00:02 AM »
The best way to deal with those types is to beat them.

Agreed.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2016, 01:31:25 AM »
Calvin and Grape x2.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #592 on: May 18, 2016, 04:47:59 AM »
Lost last night. 2 errors killed us, led to 6-7 runs

...2 for 3 with a hr...hit the ball hard every time up.

Skeeter

« Reply #593 on: May 24, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »
Played a game in that same league tonight. We got pummeled but everyone had a good time. Didn't hit well but fielded the ball really well. I bring my 4 year old son to the games and that makes for a fun night. He's a pretty energetic kid. We certainly didn't have the problems like last week.
Last weekend was a long weekend in Canada so I drank a ton of beer. It probably led to my poor hitting tonight.  ;D
I skipped my workout last night, but woke up early this morning to make up for it. After the game tonight, I'm cracking off my day 2 work out. It makes for a long day, but at least I won't fall behind.

Started playing on my second team on Thursday night. We won. I fielded the ball well and had some good hits, including a HR.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #594 on: May 28, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
Playing well; not great. Eyes are a bit of an issue in the field. Trying to muscle it out. Hitting is on point. Hit a grand salami the other night, but didn`t realize it `til I hit the bench. This could be a problem.  :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #595 on: June 01, 2016, 06:02:43 AM »
Nice job Chimpsy.  Never stop playing.
Y

Skeeter

« Reply #596 on: June 03, 2016, 06:01:35 AM »
One of my teams couldn't get enough people to play on Monday night so we forfeited the game which pissed me off to no end.
Played with my other team last night. We won the game. I don't remember what the score was but it wasn't close. Cracked two HRs.  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #597 on: June 03, 2016, 07:07:29 AM »
One of my teams couldn't get enough people to play on Monday night so we forfeited the game which pissed me off to no end.

This happened to me a few times on a team that I drove an hour each way to play on.  Not cool.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #598 on: July 02, 2016, 05:07:42 PM »
Have gotten our ass kicked in ever tourney, this Summer. Throwing together a team is just not cutting it, these days. Not one win. Ah, well. Some good charity money. Hope everyone else is getting their runs in.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #599 on: July 22, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »
Finished first part of the season 8-4. now we move up and only play the better teams in our leauge.
hitting better then I have in years {helps to be healthy for once ;D}
4 hrs for me so far and one was to dead center on a field that's 320ft with a 10ft fence.
As soon as I hit it I knew it was out....don't get that feeling often.