Author Topic: Does anyone eat mainly organic?  (Read 2793 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: Does anyone eat mainly organic?
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »
you can't get much more organic than a food coming out of a birds ass.  Farm fresh eggs are great.  i've had them in Spain and in Mexico.  But as for the organic omega 3,6 super organic $3.99 a dozon eggs on the shelf, major waste of money.  I have gotten a lot of high quality non-organic veg, but again at a farmers market where produce is there fresh daily. There is a big difference between that and the head of romaine that's been sitting at kroger for 2 weeks.

So you're saying all eggs are the same regardless of the way the chicken is raised and how it eats?  I agree there is a lot of bs marketing behind some of those eggs but I'll pay an extra dollar per dozen to have a better egg.  Organic eggs are not farm fresh i.e. chickens raised free and able to roam and see sunlight munch on bugs but they sure hell are better than the factory farm chicken eggs for $1.99 a dozen.  If you're that hard up that you can't spend an extra dollar or two on a dozen eggs well I guess price matters.  But some people that complain about spending money on better quality food have no qualms about spending money on other frivalous shit.  So it all comes down to what's important.  I think there is a noticeable difference in eating organic, especially meat, eggs and vegetables.  but I sure as hell wouldn't worry about eating organic cookies, potato chips and stupid stuff like that. 

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 01:14:37 PM »
So you're saying all eggs are the same regardless of the way the chicken is raised and how it eats?  I agree there is a lot of bs marketing behind some of those eggs but I'll pay an extra dollar per dozen to have a better egg.  Organic eggs are not farm fresh i.e. chickens raised free and able to roam and see sunlight munch on bugs but they sure hell are better than the factory farm chicken eggs for $1.99 a dozen.  If you're that hard up that you can't spend an extra dollar or two on a dozen eggs well I guess price matters.  But some people that complain about spending money on better quality food have no qualms about spending money on other frivalous shit.  So it all comes down to what's important.  I think there is a noticeable difference in eating organic, especially meat, eggs and vegetables.  but I sure as hell wouldn't worry about eating organic cookies, potato chips and stupid stuff like that. 

i'm saying that farm fresh is great.  I agree that the marketing has gotten out of control and one of the reasons the prices are so high is to offset the marketing.  not saying i wont spend the extra dollar for the eggs.  But not 2 extra bucks for eggs, then 3x the price for proteins and 2.5x the price for veggies.  It adds up greatly.  as for the cookies, chips etc, i agree 100%

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 01:39:17 PM »
I do shop at Harris Teeter but I don't really consider that organic.  If I want real organic, I go to the Amish market. They have organic meats and produce and it is at half the cost of Whole Foods prices.  And it tastes much better!

well thats the only place that sells my hot sauce hon \

NOT your every day tobasco!
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »
that stuff is a little weak

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 08:39:26 PM »
My Fav  :-*
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »
go figure lol

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 08:28:19 AM »
i make some habenero slas that is pretty good.  Has jalapenos, serrano, habaneros and thai chilis.