Author Topic: 4 weeks....I need results fast  (Read 6231 times)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
4 weeks....I need results fast
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:12:25 AM »
Ok so I put off leaning out for my 10-year reunion which is a little over a month from now.  I'm probably at around 15% bodyfat and want to get as cut as possible.  I realize I am going to lose some mass to do this.  Does anybody have any experience with cutting weight in this amount of time (I.E. dieting, nutrition, change of training)?  I'm looking for some advice that I can put to use.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
Re: 4 weeks....I need results fast
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »
Also, any supplements that anybody has used that has worked in this amount of time?

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 11:01:10 AM »
you got a gag reflex? becuase that's about what it's gonna take

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 11:08:13 AM »
I know I'm not expecting a miracle, but I did something similar last year in about 5 weeks, probably went from around 17% body fat to maybe 12%, just want to know of anything I might have left out, some better ideas perhaps.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 11:14:36 AM »
drastic diet change man...pretty much an clean atkins or la weightloss kinda diet for a few weeks will toss the weight but i may or may not come back AND you'll be an asshole while on it lol at least til you see the results!  ;D

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 11:23:08 AM »
I've dabbled with the Atkins Diet before....have you tried this and has it worked for you?  Even in 4 weeks time?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »
Do cardio twice a day, five days a week with a low carb diet...once in the morning and once after you lift.

Vary the type of cardio you do.

8)

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 11:28:06 AM »
Try a good theromogenic and low carbs and cardio!!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 11:33:42 AM »
Last time I cut weight I think I did about a 65/25/10 split for prot/carb/fat.  The Atkins diet would definitely up the fat on that ratio would this be better or not?  And what kind of thermogenics has worked for everyone else?  I tried Animal Cuts last time, can't say it worked that well.  Or how about ephedrine?

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 11:38:35 AM »
clean atkins i mean using leaner meats and veggie and actually counting your portions so you DO Burn fat...but yeah i'ts worked for me man

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 01:13:30 PM »
Last time I cut weight I think I did about a 65/25/10 split for prot/carb/fat.  The Atkins diet would definitely up the fat on that ratio would this be better or not?  And what kind of thermogenics has worked for everyone else?  I tried Animal Cuts last time, can't say it worked that well.  Or how about ephedrine?

If you're cutting carbs, you absolutely MUST up your fat intake.  Otherwise you're just encouraging your body to burn the only fuel you're feeding it - protein!  By eating more fat, you're body will more easily get into ketosis and become a fat-burning machine.  Just remember, the biggest mistake low-carb dieters do is not pay attention to calories.  Fat packs a serious caloric punch, so by keeping your calorie intake fairly low and eating more fat, you're going to end up eating a whole lot less than normal - but the payoff will be rapid weightloss.

Cautionary note: rebound weight gain following a ketogenic diet is almost a certainty!  Unless you "VERY GRADUALLY" increase your carb intake back to normal levels.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 04:14:04 PM »
Agreed with someone above-Atkins low-carb plus copious cardio 1-2 times a day. The advantage of a 2nd cardio workout later in the day is that it can be used as a diversion/substitute when hunger hits.

Running if you can do it, 1-2 miles.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 04:42:54 PM »
dude, dont cut.  be big..its more impressive. anyone can diet down, few can get big.      besides....personality is more important than abs when it comes to getting with hotties. ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 05:30:45 PM »
I agree with these guys on doing the low carb diet.   Just do the low carb diet while eating lean cuts of meat.....you will lose weight fast...

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 05:48:26 PM »
candidate, I dont know why you had posted on this thread. Cant you read? The guy wants to get cut, he isnt asking for your opinion on this.. he wants advice on how to do it quickly. Gee, you're an idiot.

Condor, cardio twice a day. do the atkins for some quick results.

thats why i didnt offer any advice. ::) haha..what a moron. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D everyones laughing at you!! ;D moron!! ;D ;D ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 05:57:04 PM »
Low carbs, twice daily cardio, thermogenics....

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 06:05:53 PM »
Nobody listen to candidate... fat and stupid are no way to go through life.  I did something similar before I joined the service.  My advice is to run.  Run 3 miles per day no matter how slow or how long it takes.  Distance running will cost you a little mass in that time but I will get you shredded, I promise.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »
Nobody listen to candidate... fat and stupid are no way to go through life.  I did something similar before I joined the service.  My advice is to run.  Run 3 miles per day no matter how slow or how long it takes.  Distance running will cost you a little mass in that time but I will get you shredded, I promise.
;Dhaha..please grace us with some of your knowledge..because i kno your not going to post a picture to bak up the fat remark..   :

explain why, even though water expands when it freezes and more than 80 % of all ice bergs are under water....that the water levels would rise because of global warming.

then, if you can answer that, explain to me why truman was our nations first actual civil rights activist that actually took action upon his beliefs. (thomas jefferson doesnt count).
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 06:56:27 PM »
Oh don't worry son.. pics are coming soon.  Having said that I advise your to us some of YOUR infinite knowledge and never post pictures of yourself again.  But you won't listen to someone who's right cause if you did you would actually look decent and not make an ass of yourself everytime you post on here.  And by the way, why would you want to stay with this board when EVERYONE thinks you're a worthless peice of shit??? Riddle me that bitch.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 07:26:40 PM »
Well, I feel bad for Condor because his seemingly innocent post has turned into a retarded battle between retards!  "Candidate" I don't give a squirt of piss about your pictures or about you in general!

Back to you Condor and trying to get cut quickly!  Everyone here (with a brain) seems to be in agreement that cutting carbs is the way to go.  However, I'm reading a lot of advice about going hog-wild on cardio.  1, 2, 3 times a day?  Ultra-intense?  On low carbs???  Sure, go for it if you dare...  But my guess is that you're going to be bed-ridden after the second day!  You'll run out of evergy so fast, you won't know what hit you.  I'm all for doing intense exercise while on low-carbs - but you can't push your body further than it wants to go, or it will break down.  And when you're not feeding your body it's preferred fuel (carbs), it's not going to keep up with you.

So cut your carb calories and replace "most" of them with fat calories.  Keep your protein intake high.  If you feel queezy or faint, eat an apple or something to get your blood-sugar back into a safe range.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 08:15:59 PM »
thanks for those of you that have stayed on target....a few more questions...I have decided to try an ECA stack and take glutamine and BCAA's to supplement......I've read this will help quite a bit.  But also, should I jump right into twice-a-day cardio right away?  Will I not lose some muscle if I start too fast on this?  And are we talking about twice daily every day?  thanks again you guys.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 08:46:43 PM »
You will lose some muscle if you don't keep protein high.  Don't do anything crazy as far as cardio if you have the ECA stack going.  I had a really bad experience with it.  I would do your crazy cardio early on an empty stomach so your body burns fat for energy first.  The later cardio session should be short and intense, and I wouldn't do it too late because it can mess up your sleep patterns.  If you think it will be too much to do it twice a day everyday then alternate days and on the single cardio days just go harder.

I'm curious....what happened with your experience?  What was your physique like and what were your goals?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 09:36:46 PM »
Ok so I put off leaning out for my 10-year reunion which is a little over a month from now.  I'm probably at around 15% bodyfat and want to get as cut as possible.  I realize I am going to lose some mass to do this.  Does anybody have any experience with cutting weight in this amount of time (I.E. dieting, nutrition, change of training)?  I'm looking for some advice that I can put to use.

you're being anal........

is this class reunion in the nude or are you just lackin in confidence in general ?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 09:47:55 PM »
Oh don't worry son.. pics are coming soon.  Having said that I advise your to us some of YOUR infinite knowledge and never post pictures of yourself again.  But you won't listen to someone who's right cause if you did you would actually look decent and not make an ass of yourself everytime you post on here.  And by the way, why would you want to stay with this board when EVERYONE thinks you're a worthless peice of shit??? Riddle me that bitch.
LOL.im guessing you cant answer my simple questions. ;D nice try though
d[-_-]b actin all cool

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 09:49:06 PM »
Well, I feel bad for Condor because his seemingly innocent post has turned into a retarded battle between retards!  "Candidate" I don't give a squirt of piss about your pictures or about you in general!

i didnt stray off topic....i posted advice, and then was attacked for no reason.  so shut the fuck up.
d[-_-]b actin all cool