Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 139743 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #575 on: August 29, 2009, 05:52:56 PM »
its correct. everyone knows when contests are close the judges put the two competitors side by side during the final top 6 comparisons..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #576 on: August 29, 2009, 05:57:21 PM »
yeah as far as I know after the 94 Olympia kevin never worked out for 8-10months straight in prep for the Olympia. Had he put in 3-5 years of maximum effort in the offseason, who knows.  And as far as Dexter is concerned, he may not be as dominating as Levrone or Wheeler or Nasser or Ray, but Im glad he won last year instead of Cutler. Honestly he's probably gonna be like a Bannout or Dickerson, one and done.

Not that the O is a personality contest, but I'm just not a fan of Dexter's.  I agree, Cutler needed to lose, being he didn't bring it for the second year in a row.  It was almost disappointing to have that happen, being that he worked his ass off to finally get the title.  However, the same ethic to get it, needed to be applied to keep it.  As unlikely as it may be, I'd like to see Jay put it together again and bring his best and go out on a high note.  3 Arnold titles and 3 O's would put a stamp on a truly notable career.  Jay gets sh*t on a lot on the boards, but he seems like a decent representative of the sport and has accomplished a lot.  He may be considered boring, but he is an inoffensive individual who doesn't garner the credit he may deserve.  I'm picking Heath to win this year, however.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #577 on: August 29, 2009, 06:05:50 PM »
Not that the O is a personality contest, but I'm just not a fan of Dexter's.  I agree, Cutler needed to lose, being he didn't bring it for the second year in a row.  It was almost disappointing to have that happen, being that he worked his ass off to finally get the title.  However, the same ethic to get it, needed to be applied to keep it.  As unlikely as it may be, I'd like to see Jay put it together again and bring his best and go out on a high note.  3 Arnold titles and 3 O's would put a stamp on a truly notable career.  Jay gets sh*t on a lot on the boards, but he seems like a decent representative of the sport and has accomplished a lot.  He may be considered boring, but he is an inoffensive individual who doesn't garner the credit he may deserve.  

Very good point.  With G4P and alot of other disgusting activities associated with bodybuilding, it is extremely refreshing to see individuals like Jay show off the sport in positive light(although in the documentary Bigger Faster Stronger he bassically admitted bodybuilders take illegal substances to gain the edge). 

If Jay got another Olympia that would be a crowning achievement for him but this will be the toughest contest since he beat Ronnie.   

Funny thing is, even with jay's 2 Olympias and 3 Arnold classic victories I still consider Levrone and Wheeler to be better pros.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #578 on: August 29, 2009, 06:11:52 PM »
Very good point.  With G4P and alot of other disgusting activities associated with bodybuilding, it is extremely refreshing to see individuals like Jay show off the sport in positive light(although in the documentary Bigger Faster Stronger he bassically admitted bodybuilders take illegal substances to gain the edge). 

If Jay got another Olympia that would be a crowning achievement for him but this will be the toughest contest since he beat Ronnie.   

Funny thing is, even with jay's 2 Olympias and 3 Arnold classic victories I still consider Levrone and Wheeler to be better pros.

Strange, but true. Jay seemed poised to dominate as his predecessors had, but it hasn't gone that way.  He's got all the size in the world, only needing to bring the conditioning in on game day.  There's no reason he should have lost last year's contest, but he let it slip away.  If he had kept his A game intact, I don't know that there would be talk of there being a major threat to him, but you're right, by in large people no longer see him as a threat for the title.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #579 on: August 29, 2009, 06:16:22 PM »
Ok lets be real for a second.  First off, Dorian beat Flex and Levrone when they were young. Flex was a newcomer to the Olympia stage and so was Kevin in 92.  Now I believe Dorian won in 92 and 93, but had Kevin and Flex been a veteran like a Lee Labrada by 92 and 93 they would have scored alot closer to Dorian than they did(although i dont know the scorecards anyways. Do you have those?) Had Levrone not torn his pec and had Wheeler not been in that car accident, who knows if they wouldve beat Dorian in those middle years.  

By 98 and 99 Flex knew he had to win an Olympia, he had all the pressure on him and his ego had exploded. He couldnt take the fact that Ronnie beat him, so he lashed out. Ive read several MD articles where Wheeler gives huge props to Ronnie and says he was the best ever blah blah blah. What happened was emotion in the heat of battle.  

Levrone looked his best in 2000 and 2002. Flex looked just as good in 99 as he did in 93. He had more mass in 99, more of a name for himself and more star power in 99.  Likewise Levrone was more of a monster and had more star power in 2000 and 2002 than he did against Dorian.

Im pretty fair I think, but Dorian shouldve lost at least 2 mr. Os in my opinion.  Ronnie shouldve lost to Cutler and Levrone. Thats my opinion.

And what is Ronnies winning percentage since he won the Mr. O? I believe he lost twice, once at the SOS and once to Cutler that dethroned him. I believe Ronnie won more shows in that timespan that dorian EVER won.

Id still like to see Dorians scorecards...
Now this is the very thing thats difficult for people in general to grasp in that a older more mature bb is a "better one" as in a 1999 Flex wheeler was "as good" or "better" than a 1993 Flex because he was older, had more mass, his muscles were more "rounder" mature etc, in 1993 the smaller version of flex was very compete in terms of shape, seperation, his actual muscalurity at the time was very very good, posing etc etc...the 1999 version was bigger...........thats it with very suspect site injections of oil etc, his hams, glutes etc were alot less seperated etc, a bigger, older, version of a BB is not in alot of cases a better one IMO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #580 on: August 29, 2009, 06:24:53 PM »
if you want to prove me wrong, then post a quote from an IFBB judge who disagrees with me. ;)

IFBB Website - History of the Mr. Olympia

"The night (October 25, 2003) was Ronnie's. Whatever doubt people had was dispelled as soon as Ronnie hit the stage. He was in his best shape ever, at 39 years old."

http://www.ifbbpro.com/history-of-the-mr-olympia/4/

Ronnie at the 01 ASC surpassed Dorian's conditioning.

in before lame excuse from ND about how my comparison is biased and the scaling somehow affects separations and striations. ::)

they are the same thing, idiot. Look them up in the dictionary. If you're using the IFBB definitions, then explain how a judge is suppose to tell if the mass of one side is equal to the other. I wonder if you ever stopped to use your brain and think about that for a second.

Dorian Yates - Flex, October 2006

"Symmetry means one side is shaped the same as the other side--its mirror image. Balance means the mass of one side is equal to that of the other, even though their shapes, or symmetry, might differ. Proportion is nothing more than the relativity of parts and has nothing to do with either symmetry or balance."

please do continue b/c so far I haven't seen any examples that demonstrate you know more than me about bodybuilding.

hahaha, keep deluding yourself into believing the pics lie and the judges were being literal instead of using figurative language. I've already proved Dorian wasn't the largest guy onstage. Now the onus is on you to prove he was otherwise you concede you're wrong. ;)

if you want to prove me wrong, then post a quote from an IFBB judge who disagrees with me. ;)

IFBB Website - History of the Mr. Olympia

"The night (October 25, 2003) was Ronnie's. Whatever doubt people had was dispelled as soon as Ronnie hit the stage. He was in his best shape ever, at 39 years old."

http://www.ifbbpro.com/history-of-the-mr-olympia/4/

This means what? one quote , now find multiple quotes from multiple sources it's called convergence 03 is NOT his best by a long shot and why? his balance & proportion for his frame was in the red and his conditioning was lacking compared to 98/01 that's why

Ronnie at the 01 ASC surpassed Dorian's conditioning.

Sure it has now if you could get anyone to agree with you that's they key  ;D separations & striations are for the most part genetic with great conditioning and don't even get me started on pics don't do Yates justice different lighting , quality of pictures , I mean where should I begin? I'm always willing to concede Ronnie may have matched Dorian in 01 surpassed nonsense

they are the same thing, idiot. Look them up in the dictionary. If you're using the IFBB definitions, then explain how a judge is suppose to tell if the mass of one side is equal to the other. I wonder if you ever stopped to use your brain and think about that for a second.

They aren't already proven you wrong flat out using Yates who is an IFBB judge

Interview with David Robson

[ Q ] What were some of your better physical qualities as a bodybuilder, do you think?

Obviously I carried a lot of muscle mass and my trademark was to come into a show in super hard condition. I think my muscles had a certain quality and density from all the years of heavy training that a lot of guys didn't have.

One thing that I think people underrated me on - it was never really mentioned because of my sheer physical size and condition - was my balance and proportion. Not only from muscle group to muscle group, but from upper body to lower body. My skeletal structure and everything else was there and in good balance.

BALANCE & PROPORTION are NOT the same you idiot let it go

please do continue b/c so far I haven't seen any examples that demonstrate you know more than me about bodybuilding.

You haven't seen any because you're a idiot , you haven't seen where an IFBB judge said Dorian is better conditioned , and better balanced , you can't see how 2003 isn't is best , there is a LOT you don't see nothing new

hahaha, keep deluding yourself into believing the pics lie and the judges were being literal instead of using figurative language. I've already proved Dorian wasn't the largest guy onstage. Now the onus is on you to prove he was otherwise you concede you're wrong. ;)

see above denial and stupidity prove nothing

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #581 on: August 29, 2009, 06:25:56 PM »
Ok lets be real for a second.  First off, Dorian beat Flex and Levrone when they were young. Flex was a newcomer to the Olympia stage and so was Kevin in 92.  Now I believe Dorian won in 92 and 93, but had Kevin and Flex been a veteran like a Lee Labrada by 92 and 93 they would have scored alot closer to Dorian than they did(although i dont know the scorecards anyways. Do you have those?) Had Levrone not torn his pec and had Wheeler not been in that car accident, who knows if they wouldve beat Dorian in those middle years.  

By 98 and 99 Flex knew he had to win an Olympia, he had all the pressure on him and his ego had exploded. He couldnt take the fact that Ronnie beat him, so he lashed out. Ive read several MD articles where Wheeler gives huge props to Ronnie and says he was the best ever blah blah blah. What happened was emotion in the heat of battle.  

Levrone looked his best in 2000 and 2002. Flex looked just as good in 99 as he did in 93. He had more mass in 99, more of a name for himself and more star power in 99.  Likewise Levrone was more of a monster and had more star power in 2000 and 2002 than he did against Dorian.

Im pretty fair I think, but Dorian shouldve lost at least 2 mr. Os in my opinion.  Ronnie shouldve lost to Cutler and Levrone. Thats my opinion.

And what is Ronnies winning percentage since he won the Mr. O? I believe he lost twice, once at the SOS and once to Cutler that dethroned him. I believe Ronnie won more shows in that timespan that dorian EVER won.

Id still like to see Dorians scorecards...

ronnie lost more than once against jay, 2 olympias and few GPs..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: August 29, 2009, 06:29:40 PM »
omg, you're f*cking dumb. hahaha. Here is my exact quote:

"I would encourage ND to enter since he claims he's bigger than me but I know he'll just come up with an excuse to pussy out."

again, who said anything about an internet challenge? All I see is me encouraging you to enter the Mr. Getbig.

translation = I'm afraid to post my pics but I'm too proud to admit that. So I'm gonna pretend I'm above posting pics of myself.

who do you think you're kidding? There's a difference between a friendly competition for prize money and posting pics of yourself to feed your ego. Spare me your bullshit excuses why you're scared to throw up pics. ;)

wondering? haha, no. It took me a sec. to deduce that you're not in shape.

omg, you're f*cking dumb. hahaha. Here is my exact quote:

"I would encourage ND to enter since he claims he's bigger than me but I know he'll just come up with an excuse to pussy out."

again, who said anything about an internet challenge? All I see is me encouraging you to enter the Mr. Getbig. again, who said anything about an internet challenge?

All I see is me encouraging you to enter the Mr. Getbig.

Seriously you looked foolish enough by internet challenging me to a contest where you might just enter if I do  ::)  see pumpster and his Gay internet-challenge

translation = I'm afraid to post my pics but I'm too proud to admit that. So I'm gonna pretend I'm above posting pics of myself.

who do you think you're kidding? There's a difference between a friendly competition for prize money and posting pics of yourself to feed your ego. Spare me your bullshit excuses why you're scared to throw up pics. ;)

I'm whatever you want me to be Neo , if you want me to be scared then I am  ;D

wondering? haha, no. It took me a sec. to deduce that you're not in shape.

see above  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #583 on: August 29, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »
yeah, ND loves to look at the scorecard in 98 without looking at the actual contest. ::)

this is not 'barely' beating flex.

he is destroying him:

thats what bodybuilding is to ND: nothing but scorecards and often incorrect quotes. the actual physiques don't matter to him.. ::)

I have the fuggin contest and watched it many times , Ronnie was a deserving winner and I'm glad he won and didn't give it to Flex on name alone , but make no mistake 98 was close  ;)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #584 on: August 29, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »
I have the fuggin contest and watched it many times , Ronnie was a deserving winner and I'm glad he won and didn't give it to Flex on name alone , but make no mistake 98 was close  ;)
Thats correct ND Ronnie was a Deserving winner in 1998 his Shape, size and condationing was excellent in 1998 espeacally his back/glute/and tie ins was exceptional in that year the scorecards agree with your veiw on the contest being close with Ronnie and Flex...very close.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: August 29, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
ah well, I'm off to the gym. I'll let ND and Mr.1derful continue posting in my absence. Who knows... maybe I'll compete in the next Mr. Getbig. I've put on a lot of size and worked on my weaknesses since MG2. I would encourage ND to enter since he claims he's bigger than me but I know he'll just come up with an excuse to pussy out. ;)

Internet challenge LMFAO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #586 on: August 29, 2009, 06:39:25 PM »
Thats correct ND Ronnie was a Deserving winner in 1998 his Shape, size and condationing was excellent in 1998 espeacally his back/glute/and tie ins was exceptional in that year the scorecards agree with your veiw on the contest being close with Ronnie and Flex...very close.

Exactly these guys are always attempting to rewrite history  ???

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #587 on: August 29, 2009, 06:42:46 PM »
ronnie lost more than once against jay, 2 olympias and few GPs..

yeah sorry I didnt specify more. I meant what was his record from his first Olympia victory to his first Olympia lost.  He lost 3 GP's to Jay after he lost the Olympia to him.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #588 on: August 29, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »
Now this is the very thing thats difficult for people in general to grasp in that a older more mature bb is a "better one" as in a 1999 Flex wheeler was "as good" or "better" than a 1993 Flex because he was older, had more mass, his muscles were more "rounder" mature etc, in 1993 the smaller version of flex was very compete in terms of shape, seperation, his actual muscalurity at the time was very very good, posing etc etc...the 1999 version was bigger...........thats it with very suspect site injections of oil etc, his hams, glutes etc were alot less seperated etc, a bigger, older, version of a BB is not in alot of cases a better one IMO

yeah i agree somewhat with what you said,  but the point was he was more of a threat the actually win it in 99. Refer to what I wrote earlier:

Flex obviously looked best 93 Arnold, then either 93 O or 99 Olympia. For me, he was MORE OF A THREAT at the 98/99 Olympia because of who he was at that time. 93, he was an upand comer. By 98/99 he was the chosen one and was EXPECTED to win the Olympia. He was not expected to win in 93.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: August 29, 2009, 06:49:29 PM »
pick a year for the best physique ever

01 ASC

They already have you didn't get the memo apparently  ;)

2001 was just stella I mean outstanding this would be his best shot of beating Yates because 98 he had gyno and 99 he wasn't as hard or as dry and 03  :-X

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #590 on: August 29, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »
yeah, ND loves to look at the scorecard in 98 without looking at the actual contest. ::)

this is not 'barely' beating flex.

he is destroying him:

thats what bodybuilding is to ND: nothing but scorecards and often incorrect quotes. the actual physiques don't matter to him.. ::)

Pics mean NOTHING!  Flex looked WAY better in person than he does in that pic. I WAS AT THAT SHOW.  It was close and if Flex won nobody would have complained.  Keep living on pics. They do not show things the way they really are as I guratee that all pics get altered in some way or another before they hit any magazine or website.  This altering may make one guy look better and another not so much.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #591 on: August 29, 2009, 07:26:13 PM »
Pics mean NOTHING!  Flex looked WAY better in person than he does in that pic. I WAS AT THAT SHOW.  It was close and if Flex won nobody would have complained.  Keep living on pics. They do not show things the way they really are as I guratee that all pics get altered in some way or another before they hit any magazine or website.  This altering may make one guy look better and another not so much.

Great post !

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #592 on: August 29, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
eh just looked at the video of flex from 98. Not even close to Ronnie in 98, IMO.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #593 on: August 29, 2009, 07:59:52 PM »
yeah.

it just goes to show you these nuthuggers are just as clueless at the event as they are online.

I guess if you don't know the sport, you don't know the sport. period.

newsflash: everyone else who was at the show said Ronnie crushed flex.

hope this helps.

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #594 on: August 29, 2009, 08:17:25 PM »
2001 was just stella I mean outstanding this would be his best shot of beating Yates because 98 he had gyno and 99 he wasn't as hard or as dry and 03   

as always, saying Ronnie 99 wasnt as hard or dry is total bullshit that is proven with every peice of visual evidence out there..

but ND keeps blabbing because McGough got it wrong and thats all ND knows about..

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #595 on: August 29, 2009, 08:20:46 PM »
notice the absence of the deep quad cuts that ronnie 99 had that ronnie 98 lacked..

gee, I wonder why..lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #596 on: August 29, 2009, 08:42:25 PM »
notice the absence of the deep quad cuts that ronnie 99 had that ronnie 98 lacked..

gee, I wonder why..lol

Yawn..

Quote Peter McGough Flex Magazine Jan 2001

RONNIE COLEMAN : ( 264lbs As big as a house , but holding water. In '98 , he was shredded and bone dry at 250 pounds. Last year ( 1999 ) he was 257 pounds but NOT as sharp as '98.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #597 on: August 30, 2009, 03:00:04 AM »
LOL you just as naive as ND! as hard as that is to believe.. :-\

newsflash #2: when someone shows up softer for a contest than a previous showing, its always immediately evident in every pic, every video..

in this case, all the pics and vids show the exact opposite of McGoughs incorrect assessment..

ps ronnie agrees too - he said he was in better shape than 98 at his 99 victory seminar..

since you and the head bitch seem to love quotes so much..

Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #598 on: August 30, 2009, 05:45:36 AM »
LOL you just as naive as ND! as hard as that is to believe.. :-\

newsflash #2: when someone shows up softer for a contest than a previous showing, its always immediately evident in every pic, every video..

in this case, all the pics and vids show the exact opposite of McGoughs incorrect assessment..

ps ronnie agrees too - he said he was in better shape than 98 at his 99 victory seminar..

since you and the head bitch seem to love quotes so much..

Yeah, but Ronnie's opinion doesn't count for sh*t, remember?  ::)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #599 on: August 30, 2009, 05:49:56 AM »
now your finally getting it.

you morons cant seem to figure out that quotes mean nothing, especially when they are not only contradicted by other quotes, they are contradicted by real life visuals.

thank you.

now you might realize that talk is bullshit unless it is corroborated by the pics and videos.

as Ronnie 99>98 certainly IS.

Flower Boy Ran Away