Author Topic: How's our Iraq invasion working out?  (Read 7766 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: How's our Iraq invasion working out?
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2007, 09:25:36 PM »
you are securing access to resources, stroking your economy, and (some people) are looting the treasury

stick to the bible joe :D

Jimmy, what the hell are you talking about?

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2007, 10:08:47 PM »
issues you clearly havent researched, im saying you shoulndt give an opinion if you have made no effort to understand the issue

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2007, 10:10:47 PM »
issues you clearly havent researched, im saying you shoulndt give an opinion if you have made no effort to understand the issue

Sure I have, I just don't research from BS conspiracy sites.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2007, 04:26:09 AM »
Enough with the "it's all about the oil crap".

BTW, like everything else, it was bound to go up, I pay over three bucks a gallon for milk for my kid and coffee is even more..........it's all relative, if I'm not mistaken the US prices are still cheaper than Cananda and Europe and most Asian countries, I haven't researched, but I think I am correct.

And if you think we're stealing the oil, where the hell is it?

It's still under Iraq, Joe.  You don't set up a thousand mile pipeline overnight.  parts work, parts don't.  When we're done, it'll be fully functional.

One of us is dead wrong, man.  Either you or me.  We're there for the oil, or we're not.  I guess time will tell.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2007, 04:40:22 AM »
Jimmy, what the hell are you talking about?

To support the war - which is an imperialist effort to take resources from them for us - directly contradicts that COmmandment about stealing.

I support the war - but it's because I have the guts to admit I'm okay with aggressive US action to maintain my standard of living.  I don't sugarcoat it by saying "that oil talk is crap" - I researched it, saw that yes, it's how the world works - and I have accepted it.  But for you to scold others as talking "conspiracy crap" without understanding it, well, that's strange.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2007, 05:12:43 AM »
To support the war - which is an imperialist effort to take resources from them for us - directly contradicts that COmmandment about stealing.

I support the war - but it's because I have the guts to admit I'm okay with aggressive US action to maintain my standard of living.  I don't sugarcoat it by saying "that oil talk is crap" - I researched it, saw that yes, it's how the world works - and I have accepted it.  But for you to scold others as talking "conspiracy crap" without understanding it, well, that's strange.

Are you ok with the sacrifice of thousands and more thousands civilian lives and US soldier lives?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2007, 06:39:19 AM »
Good thread till asstard joined in..anyway we have to begin a phased withdrawal. maybe a year, which will ensure that we can maintain contol of oil resources.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2007, 06:46:14 AM »
Good thread till asstard joined in..anyway we have to begin a phased withdrawal. maybe a year, which will ensure that we can maintain contol of oil resources.
I think that's a great point and that is what is going to happen.  We'll ultimately leave enough military force in Iraq to keep the new US bases secure.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2007, 06:53:40 AM »
Its what we need to do. Internally we will have to allocate a huge amount of cash to rebuild the Army...new Humvee's ..a new line of lite vehicles that are impervious to IEDS...we have em just not enough yet. New light arms replacements for the m-16. Alot is already in the pipe line but we need stuff now. We have new armor kits for the m1 series coming on line. The one good thing about war is that it speads up procurement of stuff. Generally we don't know what we need until we are well into combat.
L

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2007, 06:59:39 AM »
I think that's a great point and that is what is going to happen.  We'll ultimately leave enough military force in Iraq to keep the new US bases secure.

US bases would always be a target in Iraq which is why we won't have any.
Plus after the civil war concludes the new religious govt. will order us out if we are still there, which is doubtful. Bottom line is we will have the same number of bases there as we do in VietNam.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2007, 07:10:33 AM »
Having been there..u can secure those bases we need especially Blad and those still operating in the western desert. I'm not for staying beyond two years. I'm realy not sure what the government would look like. If the the current folks can be given cart blanche to kill off those that are causing problems..it should ensure their survival.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2007, 07:26:58 AM »
US bases would always be a target in Iraq which is why we won't have any.

Absolutely UNTRUE.

Our 14 bases are permanent and will be there 50 years.  They are there to flank iran, defend against any indian/Chinese asian/ western invasion, and as a quick response against anyone in that region should the US be hit at home.

Today's weapons are very good.  If Russia or China or anyone else was able to knock out our satelite system (china showed us last year they can do it) and hit 90% of our continental launch sites with suitcase weapons, we're be in some shit shape.   Being able to flatten their country from over there is a terrific deterrant. 

We aren't spending billions on 14 bases to pull them out in 2 years.  no way.  I'll take any wager :)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2007, 07:32:29 AM »
You can thank your boys Clinton and Tenat for that.

Your boys? Mr Lib.....your confused. YOU voted for Clinton correct?

Get you facts straight!!

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2007, 07:45:54 AM »

Our 14 bases are permanent and will be there 50 years. 

True, there just won't be US troops there. Iraq thanks you.  :-\

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2007, 07:50:49 AM »
Nope 3-4 major bases..well guarded and well away from population centers. They will be able to over fly the oil fields and dispatch troops when neccesary. I don't see us there for 50 years but places like Kuwait. Sure
L

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2007, 07:55:13 AM »
Nope 3-4 major bases..well guarded and well away from population centers. They will be able to over fly the oil fields and dispatch troops when neccesary. I don't see us there for 50 years but places like Kuwait. Sure

Dispatch troops like they do now? Yeah that has worked so well.  :-\  Kuwait yes, Iraq no.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2007, 08:05:07 AM »
Not to conduct BS patrols....ahab the arab gets his guys together to start some crap..we roll in and crush him and roll out. or we roll in to protect the oil stations...avoiding the major cities which will become the job of the Iraqi army and police.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2007, 08:17:40 AM »
Absolutely UNTRUE.

Our 14 bases are permanent and will be there 50 years.  They are there to flank iran, defend against any indian/Chinese asian/ western invasion, and as a quick response against anyone in that region should the US be hit at home.

Today's weapons are very good.  If Russia or China or anyone else was able to knock out our satelite system (china showed us last year they can do it) and hit 90% of our continental launch sites with suitcase weapons, we're be in some shit shape.   Being able to flatten their country from over there is a terrific deterrant. 

We aren't spending billions on 14 bases to pull them out in 2 years.  no way.  I'll take any wager :)

I'll take that wager.

$100?

If the Military haven't started leaving the bases in 2 years, I'll send you $100. If they have, you will send me the money.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2007, 09:16:27 AM »
this wager is too complicated... what if military personnel is partially replaced with technology that does the same thing, of DOD mercs?

rob is right in spirit ... this is a long haul war

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2007, 11:07:05 AM »
There are about 15,000 mercs from various security firms like Blackstone there as well.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2007, 11:10:43 AM »
I'll take that wager.

$100?

If the Military haven't started leaving the bases in 2 years, I'll send you $100. If they have, you will send me the money.

-Hedge

There's the rub.  We STARTED leaving S. Korea 50+ years ago. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 11:42:37 AM »
Calling them mercs is wrong..once these guys are allowed to undertake offensive operations have at it. I mean once what their doing is out in the late of day. There are plenty of instances that these guys operate outside the mandates of their contract. But so far nobody is kicking doors with government approval. Afghanistan is completely different.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »
Calling them mercs is wrong..once these guys are allowed to undertake offensive operations have at it. I mean once what their doing is out in the late of day. There are plenty of instances that these guys operate outside the mandates of their contract. But so far nobody is kicking doors with government approval. Afghanistan is completely different.

Paging Dr. Freud?

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2007, 04:10:43 AM »
Not to conduct BS patrols....

99% of all patrols in Iraq are BS. Are guys are SITTING DUCKS and they know it.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »
Wow, 99%?! That's a pretty tight statistic to be sighting as evidence...any links to back this back this up?