Author Topic: How's our Iraq invasion working out?  (Read 7771 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
How's our Iraq invasion working out?
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Looks like bush & his gang didn't realize mass murder and genocide weren't that much fun.

end of rant...
a

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: How's our Iraq invasion working out?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 12:30:40 PM »
Explain Tommy.
Q

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 12:31:43 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Looks like bush & his gang didn't realize mass murder and genocide weren't that much fun.

end of rant...
yeah as a future god i will not put up with this shit anymore ;D

bench

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »
Fox News seems to think everything is going OK for us in Iraq. ::)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »
hahaha! @ your sig sars ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 12:36:09 PM »
Some think we have been successful and will continue to be and some think it's been an utter failure.  Since it only really depends on who you ask and both sides of the argument have a good case either way I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the end.  I guess it's not how you start but how you end up.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 12:36:20 PM »
Faux News  hahahahaha  ::)  Are there really people out there who think that Faux is real news and not propaganda ?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »
Explain Tommy.

It's my opinion, that our entire Iraq debacle, is a complete absolute failure. That country is on fire and we poured the gas and lit the match. Our soldiers die by the 1000's. Their citizens die by the 10's-of-thousands. Our leaders laugh all the way to the bank. Their leaders get blown to pieces.

end of rant #2...
a

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »
both sides of the argument have a good case

let's hear the case for "we're winning".
Addicted to the Steal

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »
These american infidels are destroying Saddams legacy.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »
;D ;D ;D

end of rant...

You can thank your boys Clinton and Tenat for that.......and please explain the genocide and mass murder comment...........please think before you post!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 01:51:32 PM »
Clinton & George T. invaded Iraq? The truth is tough... you might want to be the same. Suck it up. Your man is right there with Pol, Joe, Benny & friends.
a

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »
Clinton & George T. invaded Iraq? The truth is tough... you might want to be the same. Suck it up. Your man is right there with Pol, Joe, Benny & friends.

Read on, there are many more just like it

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=148302.0

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 02:30:01 PM »
You're right, Tenat was a complete disaster, and absolutely wrong about WMD's, but  he's long gone. The continued insanity is all on bushcheney.

Tenat should spend the rest of his life in prison.

Clinton is free & clear on the Iraq madness.
a

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »
You're right, Tenat was a complete disaster, and absolutely wrong about WMD's, but  he's long gone. The continued insanity is all on bushcheney.

Tenat should spend the rest of his life in prison.

Clinton is free & clear on the Iraq madness.

There's a lot that most of the US populace wasn't priviledged to.  It was a fact that Saddam attempted to maintain his weapons manufacturing facilities and violate every UN imposed sanction.  He even went mobile with them and sent a great deal of "goods" to Syria prior to the invasion.  Anyone who says Saddam didn't have something to hide is fooling themselves.  Not to mention the hundreds of reasons to oust him in the first place.

Saddam is dead.  Most of his hierarchy is dead or in exile.  Millions of Iraqis turned out for the first democratic election in that region.  The US have suffered the fewest losses of any war we've engaged in.  Except for the period of turmoil to be expected after a war I think in a few years Iraq will be a much improved area of the world and liberals who stood against the war for no other reason than a personal hatred of Bush will feel really stupid... I can wait for that.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
let's hear the case for "we're winning".

Al Queda slaughtered 200 people in a Spanish rail system as "revenge for Spanish support of the war in Iraq." 

Anyone who says there was no link between Al Queda and the Iraqi regime we just destroyed have 200+ dead Spanish citizens who say otherwise.

Obviously we've been doing something over there that bothers terrorists.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 02:53:35 PM »
Clusterfuck on both sides. Read Cobra II.

Bush's current "strategy" of letting our troops mill around to be targets of roadside bombs is deplorable.
The answer is "yes".

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »
Clusterfuck on both sides. Read Cobra II.

Bush's current "strategy" of letting our troops mill around to be targets of roadside bombs is deplorable.

Funny how the behavior of troops commanded by generals on the ground is quickly blamed on Bush.  War IS a clusterfuck.. mistakes are always made. 

And dealing with IEDs and suicide bombers are a relatively new threat we've had to encounter so I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't come up with a more effective way to fight an urban war with ground troops yet.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 03:01:32 PM »
Well, if the  U.N. would have actually enforced  any one of the 16 resolutions that were levied against Iraq after the first Gulf War, we not be in the pickle that we are in right now. Instead Saddam flagrantly violated each and every last one with nary a bat of an eye from the world. That's not to say this war has been a big mess, but Iras been a debacle for the world, through the UN, for a while now. Many politicians during the lat 90's , on both sides, spoke out about the threat the Iraq was. Clinton even launched Desert Fox in 1998 to retard Saddams WMD production capacity. There were still several hundred tons of mustard gas unnaccoutned for....you get the picture. It was not that just Iraq was a silent front until Bush and his cabinet planned to invade it. All of the little steps and failures to act along the way have helped bring us to this point.

Oh, and Gen. Pratraeus and his new 'Counter-Insurgencey' strategy has the troops no longer going on long patrols and becoming moving targets in a shooting gallery. They now are immbedded with Iraqi soldiers conducting joint operations in the sections of Bagdhad. That's the difference. Taking and holding not commuting to emergencies.

Oh, and please, can we drop the "Faux" News. I love how it is treated by some people, yet those that criticize it will glady go watch CNN or turn on Olberrmann or Chris fucking Mathews over on MSNBC. Because let me guess, CNN and MSNBC are split right down the ole' middle when it comes to coverage. Give me a fucking break. Every news outlet is slanted, most of them to the left, people just usually want to watch something that tells them what they want to hear.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
Funny how the behavior of troops commanded by generals on the ground is quickly blamed on Bush.  War IS a clusterfuck.. mistakes are always made. 

And dealing with IEDs and suicide bombers are a relatively new threat we've had to encounter so I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't come up with a more effective way to fight an urban war with ground troops yet.

Bush appointed Rumsfeld who was the ultimate mastermind of the clusterfuck in Iraq. Like I said, read Cobra II. You will absolutely not believe the utter fuktardery of Rummy and Franks.

Shocking and jaw dropping.

Powell was 100% right all along.
The answer is "yes".

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 03:04:15 PM »
Well, if the  U.N. would have actually enforced  any one of the 16 resolutions that were levied against Iraq after the first Gulf War, we not be in the pickle that we are in right now. Instead Saddam flagrantly violated each and every last one with nary a bat of an eye from the world. That's not to say this war has been a big mess, but Iras been a debacle for the world, through the UN, for a while now. Many politicians during the lat 90's , on both sides, spoke out about the threat the Iraq was. Clinton even launched Desert Fox in 1998 to retard Saddams WMD production capacity. There were still several hundred tons of mustard gas unnaccoutned for....you get the picture. It was not that just Iraq was a silent front until Bush and his cabinet planned to invade it. All of the little steps and failures to act along the way have helped bring us to this point.

Oh, and Gen. Pratraeus and his new 'Counter-Insurgencey' strategy has the troops no longer going on long patrols and becoming moving targets in a shooting gallery. They now are immbedded with Iraqi soldiers conducting joint operations in the sections of Bagdhad. That's the difference. Taking and holding not commuting to emergencies.

Oh, and please, can we drop the "Faux" News. I love how it is treated by some people, yet those that criticize it will glady go watch CNN or turn on Olberrmann or Chris fucking Mathews over on MSNBC. Because let me guess, CNN and MSNBC are split right down the ole' middle when it comes to coverage. Give me a fucking break. Every news outlet is slanted, most of them to the left, people just usually want to watch something that tells them what they want to hear.

Well said... bout time we saw some down to earth objectivity in here.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »
Bush appointed Rumsfeld who was the ultimate mastermind of the clusterfuck in Iraq. Like I said, read Cobra II. You will absolutely not believe the utter fuktardery of Rummy and Franks.

Shocking and jaw dropping.

Powell was 100% right all along.

Rumsfeld was a scapegoat.. compounded by his portrayal in the media.  And people say reporters are lazy.. HA!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 03:10:35 PM »
;D ;D ;D

end of rant...

its not an invasion...its a liberation  ;)

we r liberating iraq of its oil and people at a record pace!  :)

god told bush to liberate iraq..soo actually its like a jihad..buut its ok when christians do it  :)
carpe` vaginum!

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 03:11:50 PM »
Rumsfeld was a scapegoat.. compounded by his portrayal in the media.  And people say reporters are lazy.. HA!

No. Rummy deserved 100% of the blame.

Troops in Afghanistan have needed, begged, and wished for FIXED ARTILLERY. Fixed artillery is not subject to weather or time of day like the C130 gunships.

Rummy denied fixed artillery in Afghanistan. Why? Because he didn't want us to "look like the Soviets". That's why. He was more worried about image than lives.

Rummy fragmented combat troops who have trained together as a unit for DECADES. Why? He wanted a mobile force. So, a fragment of the group goes into combat without the support that they have trained with FOR DECADES. Good call? Not really.

Rummy utterly fucked the the way the U.S. military deploys for combat. Why? Image. No other reason. Rummy has cost many lives.
The answer is "yes".