Author Topic: Vince Gironda to Vintage Schwarzenegger: "You're just a fat kid with a big ego"  (Read 15294 times)

Alex23

He was right about the second part; another stringy dellusionite affraid to face massive talented  men and hiding behind "dieted down" string physiques

Gironda = ArnPwn3d.

Antony77

• Getbig II
He was right about the second part; another stringy dellusionite affraid to face massive talented  men and hiding behind "dieted down" string physiques

Gironda = ArnPwn3d.

Vince looks like a spider monkey.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Vince had an ideal physique and was the years ahead of his time when it pertained to diet and training.

Alex23

Vince had an ideal physique and was the years ahead of his time when it pertained to diet and training.

Looks like a badly structure skinny prick to me...

Arnold = God ahead of his time.

Antony77

• Getbig II

True he had the sort of physique that was suited for only being small and ripped rather than "fat" like that porker Schwarzenegger. He had some weird ideas about training though. Squats are a waste of time for example.

And Vince saying that Arnold had a big ego has to be just about the biggest pot ever to call a kettle black.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Heres an excerpt from a great article on gironda

Gironda brought Larry Scott up from a 157-pound guy with average genetics to a 207-pound winner of the Mr. Olympia contest. He also worked with bodybuilding legend Mohammed Makkawy, one of the most shredded and aesthetic bodybuilders of all time. Mohammed never won the Olympia, but he did finish second twice (1983 and 1984) and won several pro contests.

Heres the rest if u want to check it out  ;D

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/the_gironda_system&cr=

Alex23

Bullshit.

gironda had nothing to do with either two. D-Bol and great genetics did it ;D

Antony77

• Getbig II
Heres an excerpt from a great article on gironda

Gironda brought Larry Scott up from a 157-pound guy with average genetics to a 207-pound winner of the Mr. Olympia contest. He also worked with bodybuilding legend Mohammed Makkawy, one of the most shredded and aesthetic bodybuilders of all time. Mohammed never won the Olympia, but he did finish second twice (1983 and 1984) and won several pro contests.

Heres the rest if u want to check it out  ;D

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/the_gironda_system&cr=

Did Larry Scott have any competition for the title, weren't most of his wins just him by himself or standing next to one other guy?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Gironda = ArnPwn3d.

Another failed thead Alex23!  ;D

Exhibit A:

Vince said to Arnold, "You're nothing but a fat you-know-what."
He walked into Vince's Gym (John Balik, the editor of IRONMAN can substantiate this story as he was standing right there) and said, "I'm Arnold Schwarzennegger from Austria and I'm Mr. So and So." Vince looked up at him through his granny glasses and responded, "You're nothing but a fat you-know-what." For two years, Arnold spent time at Vince's Gym Then, after Joe Weider signed him, he went on to become a movie star and multi-millionaire.

Years later, Arnold told Balik that was the best thing that ever happened to him because he thought he was king of the world and Vince brought him right down, shattered his ego. That about sums up Vince and says a lot for Arnold.

Alex23

Exhibit A:
He walked into Vince's Gym (John Balik, the editor of IRONMAN can substantiate this story as he was standing right there) and said, "I'm Arnold Schwarzennegger from Austria and I'm Mr. So and So." Vince looked up at him through his granny glasses and responded, "You're nothing but a fat you-know-what." For two years, Arnold spent time at Vince's Gym Then, after Joe Weider signed him, he went on to become a movie star and multi-millionaire.

Years later, Arnold told Balik that was the best thing that ever happened to him because he thought he was king of the world and Vince brought him right down, shattered his ego. That about sums up Vince and says a lot for Arnold.

Hahahaha nice "research" but clinging to old crap; I've heard the story ten different ways;

The most plausible is Arnold laughed up so loud, showing his legendary gap, that Gironda toupee frizzled.

Stormed out and the rest his history.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Hahahaha nice "research" but clinging to old crap; I've heard the story ten different ways;

The most plausible is Arnold laughed up so loud, showing his legendary gap, that Gironda toupee frizzled.

Stormed out and the rest his history.

LOL just end it and say that your wrong and had no clue what u were talking about!

Team Alex - 0 :(
Team Flexingtonsteele - 1 :)

Antony77

• Getbig II

Exhibit A:

More legendary second hand tales of Arnold being owned by nobodys. Passed down from person to person, from generation to generation until they resemble nothing more than a bad game of Chinese whispers.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Arnold was a fat fuck when he went to Vince.  Vince taught Arnold how to diet for shows.  If it wasn't for Vince Arnold may have never beat Sergio.  Vince made Arnie better than the soft foreigner with great arms when he came to the US.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
i think fat alex23 threads get worse day by day
w

m8

• Getbig V
i think fat alex23 threads get worse day by day

Unlike yours, which are so bad that they cannot possibly get any worse.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Unlike yours, which are so bad that they cannot possibly get any worse.
mine are fine,numerous stickies, how are yours?
w

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
mine are fine,numerous stickies, how are yours?

I can attest to this. Natural is a great poster  8)
No doubt about it...

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
I can attest to this. Natural is a great poster  8)
thank u! the same goes for you my friend!
w

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
Arnold was not perfect by any means. His legs were tiny. His arms were not harmonious as his biceps were far too big for his tricep. His chest was also droopy.
He was very much flawed.

Antony77

• Getbig II
Arnold was a fat fuck when he went to Vince.  Vince taught Arnold how to diet for shows.  If it wasn't for Vince Arnold may have never beat Sergio.  Vince made Arnie better than the soft foreigner with great arms when he came to the US.

It's not like someone else couldn't have told him how to diet you know, someone from all the gyms he trained in, of all the pros he trained with etc.
You make it sound like if Arnold hadn't met Vince who was apparently the one and only font of knowledge at the time he would have been spinning his big fat wheels to this very day shaking his big jowls and scratching his head while pondering the eternal riddle of dieting that he never learnt because Vince died and took the info to his grave.

Antony77

• Getbig II
Arnold was not perfect by any means. His legs were tiny. His arms were not harmonious as his biceps were far too big for his tricep. His chest was also droopy.
He was very much flawed.

You're right, if only he'd had access to synthol he could have pumped his weak bodyparts with gallons of oil like Nasser did with his biceps and delts.
Pity Synthol can't be used in the back muscles because Nasser may have won a competition or two and he'd be remembered for something other than trashing other pro's in bitter interviews or selling his used man panties on the internet.  ;)

Moosejay

Gironda = ArnPwn3d.

Ummm.....no.

Gironda said, when Arnold walked into his gym and imperiously announced, "It is me, Arnold...Mr. Universe", as though all are automatically supposed to kn ow him.

Gironda: "You look like a Fat Fuck to me..."

Priceless ;D

Moosejay

He was very much flawed.

There are very few Arnold tricep shots around. Sharma's words may ring true.

Moosejay

Did Larry Scott have any competition for the title, weren't most of his wins just him by himself or standing next to one other guy?

No. He went aghainst very good bb's such as Chuck Sipes and ZHrold Poole and I think Oliva one year.

Poole could have contended, but there was said to be some avarice towrds having a black supplant the Blond champion back then, unfiortunately

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
He was very much flawed.
You'd have whipped his butt would you?  ::)