Author Topic: Sleep Anxiety. Serious Thread  (Read 12683 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Sleep Anxiety. Serious Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »
i sleep 6 hours and Im wide awake been like this for yrs while I take gh

Yea, I can't sleep for more than 6 hours straight anymore.  I wake up almost on the the minute 6 hours after I sleep.  Never have any issues falling asleep either, just lay my head down, boom, out in less than a minute.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2011, 04:22:02 PM »
Dude i hear you....i want to strangle my GF in her sleep. i pop out of bed at 7 AM on a Saturday and the bitch sleeps like a STONE until noon  >:(

you are what 46 ? she is 26 ??
K

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
you are what 46 ? she is 26 ??

My GF is 38......she takes real good care of herself

I tried to go the "young chick" route about a year and a half ago....wasn't for me.

Alex23

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2011, 05:08:35 PM »
happens to me all the time, except the throwing up part. I wake up like a shot thinking I have stopped breathing or on the opposite end of the scale that my heart is going 200 bpm. Difference now is I am so experienced with it I just laugh it off and am fast asleep 1 minute later. I know it wont kill me, and even if it does so be it. I found it happened the most when I was dehydrated. It rarely if ever happens when I have drank enough water

Yup, been there...

dehydratation and low blood sugar combined can fuck you up to the point of having your adrenal glads go haywire and put you in a state of anxiety as you describe...

Leafy, sounds simple but try 3mg of melatonin... can't hurt and worked for me..

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2011, 05:38:50 PM »
That sounds like a Myclonic Jerk. You should really see a neurologists.

Thanks!!

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »
Yup, been there...

dehydratation and low blood sugar combined can fuck you up to the point of having your adrenal glads go haywire and put you in a state of anxiety as you describe...

Leafy, sounds simple but try 3mg of melatonin... can't hurt and worked for me..
I think yall are partially right on that... It is a similar feeling but unfortunately i was hydrated.

Alex23

« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2011, 07:47:43 AM »
I think yall are partially right on that... It is a similar feeling but unfortunately i was hydrated.

try melatonin.. I'm telling you...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2011, 07:49:21 AM »
try melatonin.. I'm telling you...

I take it and my home version of ZMA.  Sleep like a baby..... with some awesome dreams !  ;D

Alex23

« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2011, 07:57:46 AM »
I take it and my home version of ZMA.  Sleep like a baby..... with some awesome dreams !  ;D

oh that too.. there seem to be a synergy effect between the two...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2011, 07:58:33 AM »
oh that too.. there seem to be a synergy effect between the two...

And they are SOOOO cheap....everybody should be using them. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
I think a good book will be the cure.  Two hours of reading before bed and repeat.  Don`t give your brain any choice to deviate from what you are reading.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2011, 08:03:52 AM »
I think a good book will be the cure.  Two hours of reading before bed and repeat.  Don`t give your brain any choice to deviate from what you are reading.

I do that as well....maybe not a full two hours every night, but at least an hour.  People need to "wind down" but too often they are busy, busy until it's bedtime and then think they can just turn it off at the snap of their fingers and get good sleep......brain keeps working long after we fall asleep...and sometimes thru the whole night.

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2011, 08:04:23 AM »
I take a tincture of a strong Kava extract plus a good dose of Source Naturals' sublingual time released melatonin. That combo works great. The Kava chills your nerves and the melatonin gets you into a good sleep cycle. Regular melatonin can wear off in the middle of the night, but the time release lasts all night..plus I hold the sublingual under tongue for at least 5 minutes. Works better like that. However, if you start worrying that you won't fall asleep, you'll get anxious and your brain won't shut off.

Alex23

« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2011, 08:08:07 AM »
I think a good book will be the cure.  Two hours of reading before bed and repeat.  Don`t give your brain any choice to deviate from what you are reading.

Looks good on paper but often the very definition of anxiety prevents you from doing that.... watching tosh.0 is another solution ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2011, 08:09:30 AM »
I do that as well....maybe not a full two hours every night, but at least an hour.  People need to "wind down" but too often they are busy, busy until it's bedtime and then think they can just turn it off at the snap of their fingers and get good sleep......brain keeps working long after we fall asleep...and sometimes thru the whole night.

Don't know if it's true but I've read that this is not a good idea to help you sleep.....supposedly your brain is still thinking about what you've just read and that keeps you up.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »

Don't know if it's true but I've read that this is not a good idea to help you sleep.....supposedly your brain is still thinking about what you've just read and that keeps you up.

I've read that it depends on the type of material you read.....for example, probably not best to read a text book before bed, but some "best selling" novel is probably ok.  Something like that.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2011, 08:12:51 AM »
Reading for an hour knocks me the f out. I'm glad it does, otherwise I'd have trouble sleeping sometimes.
from incomplete data

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2011, 08:16:23 AM »

ZMA is the best supplement IMO....Good for sleep, and sexual function...I buy the ingredients separately for about 4 dollars a month..

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »
I've read that it depends on the type of material you read.....for example, probably not best to read a text book before bed, but some "best selling" novel is probably ok.  Something like that.

I browse through threads in Getbig before sleeping. That way, I can incubate while I sleep and wake up with good ownage ideas for the day 8) ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2011, 08:22:21 AM »
I browse through threads in Getbig before sleeping. That way, I can incubate while I sleep and wake up with good ownage ideas for the day 8) ;D

Old school posts of yours always do the trick ;) ;D

w8m8

« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
You guys ever experience this? Usually it happens during contest prep from the stress of upcoming shoes and being wired on caffeine but i just recently had my first offseason attack. It is slightly sleep apnea related i think. As i fall asleep, right before sleeping into unconsciousness i stop breathing and wake up gasping. This episode happens for 5 hours straight and i start to go insane. The inside of my head feels like the way TV static looks. I panic and freak out how im not going to be able to function at work the next day. Then about 2 hours before i have to go to work ill sleep like a baby until the alarm clock goes off.

While im trying to fall asleep my brain is searching for any possible thing that could have caused me to end up in the current state. I woke up at about 3 am last night and threw up my 342784735874350730 gram protein shake and then eventually fell asleep. I had a hell of a day today. The only thing i can link to this is consuming a high protein meal before bed which i have read can decrease REM sleep. I don't know... im just taking a guess here. Anyone else ever had this problem. This stuff scares me soo bad i literally start to DREAD my contest prep. In years past it wasn't too bad of an issue. I have had years where i diet down and slept like a baby every night. My first diet i had problems. The diet i did last year i had MAJOR problems. It makes me want to quit bodybuilding  :(

cupla things I was thinking .. but you can dismiss it all and that's kewl

you can take your protein shake like 40 minutes before bed .. but if you're concerned about blunting catabolism you could just use a slower digesting protein like fish and see if that works better .. but a simple magnesium /melatonin blend should also help you and not hurt

I'd also raise the head of your bed .. or use 2 extra pillows under your head to ease the breathing issues .. the cpap for apnea isn't bad to learn to sleep with and a lot better than the dealing with the fatigue and anxiety from being overtired .. apnea doesn't "always" wake you up all the way .. so you're probably not getting much solid sleep and thinking it's only waking you once or twice and in actuality it's more like 15-20 times

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »
cupla things I was thinking .. but you can dismiss it all and that's kewl

you can take your protein shake like 40 minutes before bed .. but if you're concerned about blunting catabolism you could just use a slower digesting protein like fish and see if that works better .. but a simple magnesium /melatonin blend should also help you and not hurt

I'd also raise the head of your bed .. or use 2 extra pillows under your head to ease the breathing issues .. the cpap for apnea isn't bad to learn to sleep with and a lot better than the dealing with the fatigue and anxiety from being overtired .. apnea doesn't "always" wake you up all the way .. so you're probably not getting much solid sleep and thinking it's only waking you once or twice and in actuality it's more like 15-20 times

but if someone had huge tits like you would that not make sleepign very dificult??

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2011, 09:37:48 AM »
ZMA is the best supplement IMO....Good for sleep, and sexual function...I buy the ingredients separately for about 4 dollars a month..

i do the same thing...just buy the Zinc, Mg and B.....very cheap and works for me.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2011, 10:10:05 AM »
i do the same thing...just buy the Zinc, Mg and B.....very cheap and works for me.

Exactly, ever dollar saved is an extra dollar to stuff in the strippers g-strings..I like to give back to the community