Author Topic: Anyone know the name of this book/short story?  (Read 800 times)

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
Anyone know the name of this book/short story?
« on: September 04, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »
Its driving me nuts, all I remember is a boy gets a puppy i think for his birthday or christmas and the story follows the two and at the end its the boys birthday i think and his dad puts him in a pen with the dog and i want to say the dogsveyes get gouged out so he doesnt recognize the boy and basically the boy has to kill the dog to live and become a man. Basically. The main character may have been black and it may have been an uncle and not his father. May have been a movie.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone know the name of this book/short story?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 10:52:05 PM »
Lol Brutal story!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 02:01:12 AM »
Sounder?
Old Yeller?
White Dog?
May (2002)?

Search led me to real life:

Parents' horror as Chinese boy, 6, has his eyes GOUGED OUT after being 'kidnapped by organ trafficker who stole both his corneas'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2402741/Parents-horror-Chinese-boy-6-eyes-GOUGED-OUT-kidnapped-organ-trafficker-stole-corneas.html

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 02:03:19 AM »
Lol.  Why are dog stories always so grim and sad?  I had a dog when I was a kid and it was nothing like that.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 02:09:02 AM »
That type of story has been used in a few novels and films. I think you might be thinking of the most famous version, which was in "Surviving The Game", a mid 90's "Hard Target" / "Most Dangerous Game" type film with Ice T and Gary Busey -

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 02:09:34 AM »
Sounder?
Old Yeller?
White Dog?
May (2002)?

Search led me to real life:

Parents' horror as Chinese boy, 6, has his eyes GOUGED OUT after being 'kidnapped by organ trafficker who stole both his corneas'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2402741/Parents-horror-Chinese-boy-6-eyes-GOUGED-OUT-kidnapped-organ-trafficker-stole-corneas.html

Ya when i was googling i kept running across stories like that and worse. Yahoo q&a "what happens when dog sperm gets inside a human vagina" and man admits having sex with family dog and crap like that. I prefer to pretend the world outside of my home doesnt exist. I prefer sanity but you could argue being reclusive is going the opposite direction.

Anyway i think it might have been a dream I had (the story im trying to find) based on the movie Fresh. Idk if anyone remembers the movie (good movie) but the main character kills the dog he and his friend raised when the friend dies. Still holding out that somebody will recognize what im looking for. Either that or i guess ill have to create it.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 02:11:08 AM »
That type of story has been used in a few novels and films. I think you might be thinking of the most famous version, which was in "Surviving The Game", a mid 90's "Hard Target" / "Most Dangerous Game" type film with Ice T and Gary Busey -

Prince Henry Stout you nailed it! I instantly recognized the name.  Thank you very much.

Survivng the Game was a cool movie too. What happened to movies anyway? I think they pretty much suck nowadays but i have to wonder is that just a natural byproduct of aging or do movies genuinely suck now? Cuz im afraid its just me getting older  :'(

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 02:57:44 AM »

Survivng the Game was a cool movie too. What happened to movies anyway? I think they pretty much suck nowadays but i have to wonder is that just a natural byproduct of aging or do movies genuinely suck now? Cuz im afraid its just me getting older  :'(

I think it's three reasons -

1) The big one I think is that a lot of young film makers and studios aren't happy making small budget films anymore. The studios want the block busters, and a lot of these kids think that they are going to be John Woo, Tarantino, or Scorsese right out of the gate. 60's - 90's there were a ton of actors, writers, and directors that were happy making good lower grade A to B level films. Every few years that pot shrinks.

That movie Fresh you mentioned is a good example. It's a really good, but not great movie made for 4 million, starred mostly b actors at the time, and it doubled its money.

2) You just can't talk about as many things in film anymore. The studios are worried about offending some small segment of society, the younger writers have gotten so heavy handed with social commentary, etc.....

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 03:05:55 AM »

Was Rutger Hauer playing a good guy or bad guy in that movie?

I can't remember much, only that they chased Ice-T
Q

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 03:10:52 AM »
Hauer was the head bad guy, Busey was the 2nd. It really is a huge rip off of Hard Target, but a decent film.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 03:12:16 AM »
Hauer was the head bad guy, Busey was the 2nd. It really is a huge rip off of Hard Target, but a decent film.

Cool, thanks BB

Ice-T had Jean Claude Van Damage's role then?

Did he use any Martial Law?

Sequel to Hard Target
Q

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 03:20:20 AM »
Cool, thanks BB

Yeah, he has the Van Damme role, except they made it a little more rough. Ice T fights a bit, but I remember it being more standard fights and gun play. This version is based in a forest hunting retreat for most of it.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2020, 07:52:16 PM »
I think it's three reasons -

1) The big one I think is that a lot of young film makers and studios aren't happy making small budget films anymore. The studios want the block busters, and a lot of these kids think that they are going to be John Woo, Tarantino, or Scorsese right out of the gate. 60's - 90's there were a ton of actors, writers, and directors that were happy making good lower grade A to B level films. Every few years that pot shrinks.

That movie Fresh you mentioned is a good example. It's a really good, but not great movie made for 4 million, starred mostly b actors at the time, and it doubled its money.

2) You just can't talk about as many things in film anymore. The studios are worried about offending some small segment of society, the younger writers have gotten so heavy handed with social commentary, etc.....

Very very insightful response.

At the time Top Gun was released, was it considered a blockbuster for.its day or was it a B movie that took off? I still remember seeing it at the drive ins with my parents in a green datsun station wagon lolol. Predator and Total Recall too.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2020, 07:57:40 PM »
Cool, thanks BB

Cujo.

PS - Best Damsel in Distress scene in the history of cinema:

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »
Its driving me nuts, all I remember is a boy gets a puppy i think for his birthday or christmas and the story follows the two and at the end its the boys birthday i think and his dad puts him in a pen with the dog and i want to say the dogsveyes get gouged out so he doesnt recognize the boy and basically the boy has to kill the dog to live and become a man. Basically. The main character may have been black and it may have been an uncle and not his father. May have been a movie.

Uncle Tom's Cabin.