Author Topic: Gorilla Breaks Zoo Reinforced Glass.  (Read 26600 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Gorilla Breaks Zoo Reinforced Glass.
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
  An enraged silverback broke the glass of the viewing part of a Zoo. This glass is 2" thick and reinforced to withstand several 9 mm cal. bullets in close range, but not a tap from a silverback. This is also a tiny lowland gorilla at around 360 lbs. Mountain gorillas can weight up to 200 lbs more than this.

Now if it can do this to bullet-proof glass, imagine what it would do to the internal organs and bones of a bear!

SUCKMYMUSCLE
;D
F

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2012, 08:55:44 AM »
Fuck hunters altogether...pussies.

"Wooo-Hooo, look at me. I just killed this endangered species, for no reason, from 2000 feet away with my high powered rifle. it never even knew what hit it....I'm such a brave man"  ::)

I wish they would take all hunters and strip them naked, and put them in a jungle full of predators and let them get eaten
"Ted & his bear" such annoying...

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »
What if the gorilla is trained on Nautilus equipment by Arthur Jones?

I think then that the gorilla would be able to kill just about anything.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2012, 08:57:07 AM »

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »
gorilla doesn't have to be a predator to be a good fighter. I think some of you are acting clueless. A tiny chimp can beat and maul a human no problem, what do you think a gorilla could do??

I don't think there'd be a clear winner between a grizzly and a gorilla. Grizzly is bigger, but gorilla is more muscular relatively speaking and can use its strength much better. I think it would come down to specific circumstances and chance who'd win in a match.

I think the fact that humans aren't good fighters is something you project to non-predators.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »
Farm animals are for food, zoo animals mostly for entertainment.

Although all life should be respected and preserved, farm animals also tend to be more primitive life forms compared to apes.
OH, I see, the logic is a little more complex than it first appears, depending on where the animal is in the evolutionary tree decides the level of respect and dignity to that life you give, so little dumb creatures, farm and kill with absolutely no mercy, but the smarter creatures, show them a little respect and dont dare think about eating or artifficaly housing them.  Somehow, regardless of it's lower iq, I think the cow still doesn't want to die.
V

suckmymuscle

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2012, 11:37:34 AM »
  The misconceptions about both gorillas and bears among most posters in this thread are incredible. It is impossible to have a reasonable debate about gorillas vs bears with people who are so uneducated.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »
 The misconceptions about both gorillas and bears among most posters in this thread are incredible. It is impossible to have a reasonable debate about gorillas vs bears with people who are so uneducated.

Hysterical. 

Your very own statement applies to you SO SO well.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
do gay getbiggers fantasize about sch thrust power?

dray971

• Getbig I
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »

A Gorilla is estimated to have the strength of over 30 men, one Gorilla expert who raises them said they have strength that he has never seen in any other animal pound for pound he estimates that one Gorilla has the strength of about 7-8 olympic lifters one olympic lifter can hoist 4-500 pounds over his head fairly easily.

Another expert said they are able to flip a car with one arm, simply put a Gorillas primary weapons are his bite force, which is stronger than even the big cats, and his prodigious strength not to mention that fact that he really has four hands and his intelligence.

If the Gorilla gets on his back and gets his arms around the Grizzlies neck he would snap his neck like a twig, end of fight, this is how I believe it would play out if the Gorilla who has the intelligence to avoid the bears primary weapon, which is his paws and maneuvers behind him or wrestles him until he is positioned behind him, the bear is in a world of trouble. 

The Gorilla has advantages in virtually every other dept, he is stronger, smarter, his bite force is  greater, he is more agile, and he has four very powerful hands that could easily restrain and even break the bears limbs, and if the gorilla were to get his hands in the mouth of the bear from the rear or the front the bears jaws would be ripped apart easily.

Another Gorilla handler said that if a Gorilla gets his hands around you, you are not getting away no matter what you are, they are that powerful, they really have unearthly strength. 

If the Gorilla can avoid the bears paws which he has the intelligence to do, there is no other way the Grizzly could win he would be overmatched in strength, bite force, agility, grappling, intelligence, he would be at a major disadvantage grappling because he does not have any hands, completely outmatched in every other dept, the Grizzlies only chance would be to get a swipe in which would be difficult to do, this fight would eventually turn into a grappling contest where they would be tussling with each other which is advantageous for the Gorilla,once they engage its all Gorilla in my opinion he would overpower the Grizzly and break his neck, arms, and jaws.

Not to mention if the Gorilla were to bite the Grizzly at the base of his skull he could easily snap his neck and kill it as well, all of which the Gorilla has the intelligence to do. A full grown silver back gorilla is no easy win for any animal  the only chance he has is to get a swipe in and that is not a guarantee because of the Gorillas thick bone mass and density. 

Advantages Of Each Animal 

The Gorilla Could: 
1.Break his neck like a twig and kill him 
2.Rip his jaws apart and kill him 
3.Break his limbs and cripple him. 
4.Bite his neck and snap his spine 
5.Get him in a head lock and break his neck and choke him to death. 

The Grizzly Could: 
1.Possibly swipe the Gorilla and kill him, but that is not a guarantee. 

2. Try to bite the gorilla but he does not posses enough bite force to deter the Gorilla, a Gorilla could easily break a Grizzlies bite by placing his hands in his mouth and separating his jaws at which point he could  rip the Grizzlies jaws apart. Gorillas break 4-5inch Bamboo like it is thread if you don't know, Bamboo is one of the strongest building materials. Bamboo has a tensile strength of 28,000 per square inch. Compare that to tensile strength of steel, 23,000 per square inch, and you can begin to understand how powerful a full grown silver back is.

Bamboo is actually one of the strongest materials around. Bamboo has a higher tensile strength than many alloys of steel, a higher compressive strength than many mixtures of concrete, and a higher strength to weight ratio than graphite. Many of the bamboo structures in Japan actually survived the atomic bombing during World War II.
So when a Silver Back Gorilla snaps 4-5 inch bamboo he is exerting over 28000 pounds of pressure per square inch possibly even more depending on the thickness of the bamboo, and he does that with ease no strain involved imaging if the Gorilla is enraged, how powerful would he be then !?, jeeez. I think that is more than enough force to snap any animals limbs or neck with ease. He has bite force that is greater than the big cats around 1300 pounds per square inch. Lions and Tigers bite force is around 1000 pounds per square inch

Citations: http://www.calibamboo.com/whybamboo.html

Bamboo has a tensil strength stronger than steel and gorillas regularly snap 4-5 inch bamboo stalks as easily as a man snaps a twig, you think a Grizzlies spine or his limbs are stronger than 4-5 inch steel pipe? Of course you don't, a Gorilla would snap a Grizzlies neck like a twig if he gets his arms around his neck. A gorilla has freakish unearthly strength by all estimations, and has no known natural enemies in the wild because no animal would dare approach it in a confrontational manner.

I remember watching a documentary about Gorillas and a male silver back walked to a pond to drink and sat right down in a shallow portion of the swamp or pond which was a few feet deep in the midst of some full grown alligators the alligators simply got the hell up and left, the narrator said that the Gorilla had nothing to fear because the alligators wouldn't dare approach him in any way confrontational or otherwise I saw it with my own eyes they got they hell up and left when they saw him coming, talk about respect, they must have had a bad experience in the past.

My brother  told of an incident he saw, a program on television where poachers tried to kill a Gorillas family the male Gorilla I would assume caught them by surprise and nothing was left but pieces of body parts the Gorilla literally tore then limb from limb. But you don't hear much about accounts like this  because Gorillas are already an endangered species because of poaching and they want to preserve the species as opposed to promoting an image of a dangerous, ferocious, violent beast which they can be if they feel threatened.

A Gorillas pulls a tree down with one arm:

An example of a Gorillas ferocity when it feels its family is threatened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umokxn3Vc38

Bite force of different animals

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Wild-Animals-705/2012/2/bite-force-3.htm

dray971

• Getbig I
GORILLAS ARE IMMENSELY POWERFUL AND ARE TO BE RESPECTED.
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2013, 06:25:20 PM »

A Gorilla is estimated to have the strength of over 30 men, one Gorilla expert who raises them said they have strength that he has never seen in any other animal pound for pound he estimates that one Gorilla has the strength of about 7-8 olympic lifters one olympic lifter can hoist 4-500 pounds over his head fairly easily.

Another expert said they are able to flip a car with one arm, simply put a Gorillas primary weapons are his bite force, which is stronger than even the big cats, and his prodigious strength not to mention that fact that he really has four hands and his intelligence.

If the Gorilla gets on his back and gets his arms around the Grizzlies neck he would snap his neck like a twig, end of fight, this is how I believe it would play out if the Gorilla who has the intelligence to avoid the bears primary weapon, which is his paws and maneuvers behind him or wrestles him until he is positioned behind him, the bear is in a world of trouble. 

The Gorilla has advantages in virtually every other dept, he is stronger, smarter, his bite force is  greater, he is more agile, and he has four very powerful hands that could easily restrain and even break the bears limbs, and if the gorilla were to get his hands in the mouth of the bear from the rear or the front the bears jaws would be ripped apart easily.

Another Gorilla handler said that if a Gorilla gets his hands around you, you are not getting away no matter what you are, they are that powerful, they really have unearthly strength. 

If the Gorilla can avoid the bears paws which he has the intelligence to do, there is no other way the Grizzly could win he would be overmatched in strength, bite force, agility, grappling, intelligence, he would be at a major disadvantage grappling because he does not have any hands, completely outmatched in every other dept, the Grizzlies only chance would be to get a swipe in which would be difficult to do, this fight would eventually turn into a grappling contest where they would be tussling with each other which is advantageous for the Gorilla,once they engage its all Gorilla in my opinion he would overpower the Grizzly and break his neck, arms, and jaws.

Not to mention if the Gorilla were to bite the Grizzly at the base of his skull he could easily snap his neck and kill it as well, all of which the Gorilla has the intelligence to do. A full grown silver back gorilla is no easy win for any animal  the only chance he has is to get a swipe in and that is not a guarantee because of the Gorillas thick bone mass and density. 

Advantages Of Each Animal 

The Gorilla Could: 
1.Break his neck like a twig and kill him 
2.Rip his jaws apart and kill him 
3.Break his limbs and cripple him. 
4.Bite his neck and snap his spine 
5.Get him in a head lock and break his neck and choke him to death. 

The Grizzly Could: 
1.Possibly swipe the Gorilla and kill him, but that is not a guarantee. 

2. Try to bite the gorilla but he does not posses enough bite force to deter the Gorilla, a Gorilla could easily break a Grizzlies bite by placing his hands in his mouth and separating his jaws at which point he could  rip the Grizzlies jaws apart. Gorillas break 4-5inch Bamboo like it is thread if you don't know, Bamboo is one of the strongest building materials. Bamboo has a tensile strength of 28,000 per square inch. Compare that to tensile strength of steel, 23,000 per square inch, and you can begin to understand how powerful a full grown silver back is.

Bamboo is actually one of the strongest materials around. Bamboo has a higher tensile strength than many alloys of steel, a higher compressive strength than many mixtures of concrete, and a higher strength to weight ratio than graphite. Many of the bamboo structures in Japan actually survived the atomic bombing during World War II.
So when a Silver Back Gorilla snaps 4-5 inch bamboo he is exerting over 28000 pounds of pressure per square inch possibly even more depending on the thickness of the bamboo, and he does that with ease no strain involved imaging if the Gorilla is enraged, how powerful would he be then !?, jeeez. I think that is more than enough force to snap any animals limbs or neck with ease. He has bite force that is greater than the big cats around 1300 pounds per square inch. Lions and Tigers bite force is around 1000 pounds per square inch

Citations: http://www.calibamboo.com/whybamboo.html

Bamboo has a tensil strength stronger than steel and gorillas regularly snap 4-5 inch bamboo stalks as easily as a man snaps a twig, you think a Grizzlies spine or his limbs are stronger than 4-5 inch steel pipe? Of course you don't, a Gorilla would snap a Grizzlies neck like a twig if he gets his arms around his neck. A gorilla has freakish unearthly strength by all estimations, and has no known natural enemies in the wild because no animal would dare approach it in a confrontational manner.

I remember watching a documentary about Gorillas and a male silver back walked to a pond to drink and sat right down in a shallow portion of the swamp or pond which was a few feet deep in the midst of some full grown alligators the alligators simply got the hell up and left, the narrator said that the Gorilla had nothing to fear because the alligators wouldn't dare approach him in any way confrontational or otherwise I saw it with my own eyes they got they hell up and left when they saw him coming, talk about respect, they must have had a bad experience in the past.

My brother  told of an incident he saw, a program on television where poachers tried to kill a Gorillas family the male Gorilla I would assume caught them by surprise and nothing was left but pieces of body parts the Gorilla literally tore then limb from limb. But you don't hear much about accounts like this  because Gorillas are already an endangered species because of poaching and they want to preserve the species as opposed to promoting an image of a dangerous, ferocious, violent beast which they can be if they feel threatened.

A Gorillas pulls a tree down with one arm:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

An example of a Gorillas ferocity when it feels its family is threatened:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bite force of different animals

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Wild-Animals-705/2012/2/bite-force-3.htm

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2013, 12:19:45 AM »
Too bad he didn't get out and snap his jailers spines in half !
V

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2013, 01:19:40 AM »
Too bad he didn't get out and snap his jailers spines in half !

Or he should have set a couple of pitbulls on them

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2013, 02:20:09 AM »
Or he should have set a couple of pitbulls on them
This is what you do isn't it, stalk around online forums taking out your frustrations on those who have caused you butthurt.  Anyone who has somehow expressed an opinion that hurts your feelings you try everything in your power to try and hurt there's back.  Yeah, I got attacked by pitbulls, So what! Yes, they seriously injured me, so what!  You think by mentioning it, it will somehow re-traumatise me and you will somehow get your revenge for having your feelings hurt by someone else's opinion.  I mean seriously, do you think someone forgets that they were attacked by pitbulls and that all you have to do is mention it and you have somehow exacted your revenge.

I deal with the issue every day, I have an active online presence and along with a core group of other advocates we work towards grandfathering dangerous fighting breeds out of existence.  In the course of doing this I get death threats, abuse, harassment, you name it, I receive it.  So if you think that every post you make towards me with a pitbull reference, or a photo of a pitbull, or pitbull innuendo is somehow going to appease your sore butt, think again.  All it does is confirm to me the type of lowlifes who are attracted to pitbulls.  I have come to realise that by the time a getbigger has resorted to a pitbull reference I have caused them some serious butthurt.
V

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2013, 07:40:06 AM »
This is what you do isn't it, stalk around online forums taking out your frustrations on those who have caused you butthurt.  Anyone who has somehow expressed an opinion that hurts your feelings you try everything in your power to try and hurt there's back.  Yeah, I got attacked by pitbulls, So what! Yes, they seriously injured me, so what!  You think by mentioning it, it will somehow re-traumatise me and you will somehow get your revenge for having your feelings hurt by someone else's opinion.  I mean seriously, do you think someone forgets that they were attacked by pitbulls and that all you have to do is mention it and you have somehow exacted your revenge.

I deal with the issue every day, I have an active online presence and along with a core group of other advocates we work towards grandfathering dangerous fighting breeds out of existence.  In the course of doing this I get death threats, abuse, harassment, you name it, I receive it.  So if you think that every post you make towards me with a pitbull reference, or a photo of a pitbull, or pitbull innuendo is somehow going to appease your sore butt, think again.  All it does is confirm to me the type of lowlifes who are attracted to pitbulls.  I have come to realise that by the time a getbigger has resorted to a pitbull reference I have caused them some serious butthurt.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
V

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2013, 02:34:19 PM »
I have seen many gorillas, lions grizzlys and polar bears in zoos, some close some far. Gorillas are big mofos but the bears (both) are insanly bigger and the lion...oh boy! a gorilla wouldn't want to mess with him - Death in seconds.
Not saying that the primate woulnd't do damage but would die fast.

dray971

• Getbig I
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
I have seen many gorillas, lions grizzlys and polar bears in zoos, some close some far. Gorillas are big mofos but the bears (both) are insanly bigger and the lion...oh boy! a gorilla wouldn't want to mess with him - Death in seconds.
Not saying that the primate woulnd't do damage but would die fast.

You are talking about the lowland gorilla which is still powerful and can kill or battle on equal terms with most of the animals you mentioned, it weighs an average of 450 pounds but size with gorillas is not their advantage it is their prodigious strength, intelligence and bite force. The silver back mountain gorilla on the other hand weighs on average 550 to 600 pounds and is the biggest species of gorilla known to man. The average weight of the african lion is 500 pounds the average weight of the male american grizzly is 450 - 800 pounds the silverback mountain gorilla is bigger than the lion but not much smaller than the grizzly, but it is much stronger, intelligent, dexterous and agile than either animal and I am convinced the silverback would win in either case, simply because of its immense power he could break and crush the limbs of either animal rather easily, he also has four massively powerful vice like hands that put  him at a major advantage, he is extremely intelligent and second only in intelligence to man, and he has greater bite force than either animal.

http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/Why_are_primates_so_smart%3F

http://www.ask.com/q/What-is-the-average-weight-of-a-grizzly-bear

Description

Most adult female grizzlies weigh 130–200 kg (290–440 lb), while adult males weigh on average 180–360 kg (400–790 lb). The average total length in this subspecies is 198 cm (6.50 ft), with an average shoulder height of 102 cm (3.35 ft) and hindfoot length of 28 cm (11 in).[4] Newborn bears may weigh less than 500 grams (1.1 lb).

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »
not shocking, apes and monkeys have insane power to weight ratios, chimps can literally disembowel you with their bare hands.

i love how they say it can withstand a 9mm round, because a 9mm round imparts SOOOO much kinetic energy.  ::)  the windshield on my car can withstand a 9mm round.

dray971

• Getbig I
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2013, 03:07:18 AM »
not shocking, apes and monkeys have insane power to weight ratios, chimps can literally disembowel you with their bare hands.

i love how they say it can withstand a 9mm round, because a 9mm round imparts SOOOO much kinetic energy.  ::)  the windshield on my car can withstand a 9mm round.

Yep Chimps are insanely powerful and Gorillas would rip Chimps limb from limb with ease, here are some more accounts of brutal Chimp attacks below describing how powerful these animals are.

FRIDAY, APRIL 28, 2006
Texas man tells story of fatal chimp attack

His friend's hand was a mangled mess — most of it was gone. The station wagon had stalled after the driver desperately tried to ram through a gate. And now the chimpanzee that had attacked them on an isolated mountain road in West Africa was coming at them again.

What was supposed to be a day of sightseeing Sunday at the Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary had turned into a moment that will forever be seared into Gary Brown's memory?

"I knew I was going to die, but I didn't want to die running," said the 51-year-old Texas man, who was working as a contractor in Sierra Leone.

Inside the Peugeot station wagon were Brown, two American co-workers, Melvin Mammah, a friend Brown had met in Freetown, and Issa Kanu, who had been driving them back and forth to work and other places during their stay. Brown was in Africa working for a telecommunications company at the American embassy, said officials with Spectrum Solutions and Caddell Construction.

Brown, who returned home Tuesday night, didn't know at the time that more than a dozen chimps had escaped from the 100-acre sanctuary on the outskirts of the capital of Freetown. And he didn't know chimps would attack people. When the chimp had appeared on the road in front of them, he had fished for his camera, eager to get a snapshot.

That's when the chimp charged, Brown said.

He said it tore off the side mirror and broke through the back windshield. "It was like the glass wasn't even there," he said.

Brown, said he's 5-foot-9 and weighs more than 200 pounds, and the chimp probably outweighed him.

"He had every bit two-inch fangs, and he was screaming like a banshee . . . when he was charging us."

Mammah fought the chimp off, but not before the chimp bit off half of his hand, Brown said.

They wrapped up Mammah's hand and drove forward, trying to outrun the chimp, he said. Then they came to a steel gate. Kanu rammed it, and the gate opened, but not enough to get the car through, he said.

The car stalled, its front end crumpled. Reverse didn't work, so they got out trying to push it backward so they could turn it around, Brown said.

"He was charging again, coming up the road," Brown said. "When we turned around, we all dove in the car."

Kanu tried the key again. The wagon started, and he tried to drive through the opening in the gate, but it became wedged into the opening, Brown said.

The chimp "went across the top of the car, and that's when . . . it was just a flurry trying to get away from it. Melvin got pulled out of the car by it."

When he jumped out of the car, Brown said he heard Mammah screaming for help. Everyone else in the car had fled, Brown said.

Kanu who had fled with the huge crazed Chimp in pursuit, tried to outrun it in terror and sadly was easily caught and killed. Later they would see the awful result of this terrible mauling by the huge animal

The Chimp reappeared out of the bushes

Brown said he used to work as a telephone lineman and was used to facing down angry dogs. He spotted a large tree limb.

"I grabbed it and I just started to charge around the car to go help Melvin," he said.

"I believe it was God who got me through it, he turned my fear into anger."

The chimp charged him, he said, and he drove the end of the limb into its throat, then chased it away.

Mammah looked like he was bleeding to death but refused to allow Brown to carry him, Brown said. He said he looked for the chimp and spotted it in the jungle, watching him. He could hear chimpanzees screaming all around them.

Brown said he helped Mammah hobble down the road, where a military patrol found them and took them to a hospital.

Later, a van pulled up with Kanu's mangled body in the boot of the car. Brown said he thought the other Americans were dead too.

Kanus both hands and feet had been ripped off as well as his jaw torn from his head

"I can't get it out of my mind," he said.

Mammah lost all but two fingers on one hand, but is recovering in a Freetown hospital. The two other Americans escaped safely to the American Embassy.

The other Americans all survived

http://www.esquire.com/features/chimpanzee-attack-0409-3