Author Topic: Dave Mustaine has cancer.  (Read 11842 times)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Dave Mustaine has cancer.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 04:02:00 AM »
Sux, always like Megadeth

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 05:40:55 AM »
read his Opus

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 05:43:32 AM »
His countdown to extinction is ticking.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 05:43:52 AM »
Mouth cancer
tongue cancer
throat cancer
esophagus cancer
lung cancer

Hope the sigarettes were worth it.....

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 06:04:08 AM »
Who?

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 06:33:45 AM »
Who?

The guy who to this day can’t get over the fact he got kicked out of Metallica before the release of their first album. I think the crew actually literally dumped him on the side of the road. Frustrated he then assembled his own band Megadeth which never became as popular as Metallica. Eventhough he’s worth around 20 million today, he’s still jealous of his original band mates.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 07:50:39 AM »
is he saved ?
K

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 08:15:52 AM »
The guy who to this day can’t get over the fact he got kicked out of Metallica before the release of their first album. I think the crew actually literally dumped him on the side of the road. Frustrated he then assembled his own band Megadeth which never became as popular as Metallica. Eventhough he’s worth around 20 million today, he’s still jealous of his original band mates.

He arrived in NYC with James, Cliff and Lars, but was soon after given a Greyhound bus ticket back to California.

On the return, he formulated his revenge.

Megadeth.

Overall, Megadeth has always been the superior band.

Metallica’s first four are essential and masterpieces, but MegaDave’s outfit has been entirely more consistent (save for a couple of stinkers) and featured/features in its ranks musicians who make Lars and Kirk look like rank amateurs.

Mustaine will beat this and continue creating killer riffs and songs and saying shit that pisses everyone off.

Guy is a loon. But he’s our (metalheads) loon.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 09:31:20 AM »
is he saved ?
Yes he is and has talked about it in interviews.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 09:32:30 AM »
He arrived in NYC with James, Cliff and Lars, but was soon after given a Greyhound bus ticket back to California.

On the return, he formulated his revenge.

Megadeth.

Overall, Megadeth has always been the superior band.

Metallica’s first four are essential and masterpieces, but MegaDave’s outfit has been entirely more consistent (save for a couple of stinkers) and featured/features in its ranks musicians who make Lars and Kirk look like rank amateurs.

Mustaine will beat this and continue creating killer riffs and songs and saying shit that pisses everyone off.

Guy is a loon. But he’s our (metalheads) loon.
No way in Hell was Megadeth ever better than Metallica.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 09:42:33 AM »
Certainly they are in quality of instrumental accomplishment.

James (I’m not counting Cliff, although I have always felt his legend is overrated) is Metallica’s guitar star. His rhythm playing on those early records (ALL performed by him alone) is a benchmark for tight thrash riffing.

Each and every soloist in Megadeth crushes Kirk to an extent that isn’t even funny. Hammboy recorded several distinguishing leads on the classic albums, absolutely, but he’s nowhere technically. And his playing has been deteriorating to shit these past two decades. He obviously doesn’t care.

Lars, while a “unique” drummer, isn’t exceptional in any way. And again, some of his early playing was inspired, if not accomplished.

In regard recorded quality, I’d give Metallica the slight edge for the first four, but after that, in totality, it’s not even close.

Megadeth smokes Metallica.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 10:01:27 AM »

Thank you for the extensive info on this individual.

PS - to Fortress. Megadeth is not Death Metal. So...what is it?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 10:10:19 AM »
Thank you for the extensive info on this individual.

PS - to Fortress. Megadeth is not Death Metal. So...what is it?

Death metal, in a classic sense, is Morbid Angel, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse (possibly the purest expression of the form), Death, Obiturary, old Entombed, Monstrosity ... and a boatload of others.

The substyle has splintered over the years into sub-substyles. There are incredible bands in all the tiny pocket areas.

I’d estimate to own well over 1,000 death metal, and its offshoots, CDs.

If you’re very familiar with thrash then the attributes that comprise death metal are extremely obvious.

There ARE quite a lot of groups that straddle the line. Examples being Possessed and mid-years Sepultura.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 10:13:56 AM »
Death metal, in a classic sense, is Morbid Angel, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse (possibly the purest expression of the form), Death, Obiturary, old Entombed, Monstrosity ... and a boatload of others.

The substyle has splintered over the years into sub-substyles. There are incredible bands in all the tiny pocket areas.

I’d estimate to own well over 1,000 death metal, and its offshoots, CDs.

If you’re very familiar with thrash then the attributes that comprise death metal are extremely obvious.

There ARE quite a lot of groups that straddle the line. Examples being Possessed and mid-years Sepultura.

Great post. Thank you. I was struggling with this:

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
Certainly they are in quality of instrumental accomplishment.

James (I’m not counting Cliff, although I have always felt his legend is overrated) is Metallica’s guitar star. His rhythm playing on those early records (ALL performed by him alone) is a benchmark for tight thrash riffing.

Each and every soloist in Megadeth crushes Kirk to an extent that isn’t even funny. Hammboy recorded several distinguishing leads on the classic albums, absolutely, but he’s nowhere technically. And his playing has been deteriorating to shit these past two decades. He obviously doesn’t care.

Lars, while a “unique” drummer, isn’t exceptional in any way. And again, some of his early playing was inspired, if not accomplished.

In regard recorded quality, I’d give Metallica the slight edge for the first four, but after that, in totality, it’s not even close.

Megadeth smokes Metallica.
As far as instrumentals that may be so although all of Megadeth's songs sound the same to me.  The quality of Metallica's music and live performances is preferred by me and millions of others over Megadeth.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 10:19:10 AM »
Who?

LOL don't worry about it you must be like 12 years old.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 10:21:36 AM »
When it comes to metal, I’m the guy.

People often confuse speed metal with thrash, and vice versa, as well.

Also, lately I’ve seen some state Priest’s Painkiller and Jugulator efforts are thrash. Not at all.

Heavy metal (and hard rock) has been my life since 1982. It’s hugely annoying when folks who know very little blather on with their bullshit.

On average, I buy between five and 10 new CDs each and every week. I own over 500 music DVDs. One full room of my condo is reserved for my music and it’s still spilled out into the rest of the apartment.

I own over 300 books on the music and have literally thousands of metal magazines.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 10:21:43 AM »
As far as instrumentals that may be so although all of Megadeth's songs sound the same to me.  The quality of Metallica's music and live performances is preferred by me and millions of others over Megadeth.

I have never listened to a metal song in full. Maybe on the radio, as a child, possibly. But not intentionally.

A mysterious man wearing a Megadeth shirt was featured in an episode of Unsolved Mysteries, hence why I agree with Fortress on Megadeth being superior to Metallica.

Also, "Fortress of Deth" would make a great band name.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 10:26:19 AM »
As far as instrumentals that may be so although all of Megadeth's songs sound the same to me.  The quality of Metallica's music and live performances is preferred by me and millions of others over Megadeth.

The core of both groups’ fan bases are essentially the same. Metallica’s “extra” is mostly non-metalheads who own the self-titled and possibly another few random metal albums but really have no clue. Without “Enter Sandman”, “Nothing Else Matters” and one or two others, this extra “fanage” wouldn’t exist.

If you prefer Metallica’s output, more power to ya.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 10:34:35 AM »
The core of both groups’ fan bases are essentially the same. Metallica’s “extra” is mostly non-metalheads who own the self-titled and possibly another few random metal albums but really have no clue. Without “Enter Sandman”, “Nothing Else Matters” and one or two others, this extra “fanage” wouldn’t exist.

I prefer Megadeth, although I found their name to be misleading. I initially assumed they were death metal.

Deth...not to be confused with death.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 10:42:47 AM »
I wish Friedman had never left the band. I always enjoyed his style. Btw Fortress, if u could pick one band to see in their prime live which one would you choose? I’d have to go with Sepultura after the release of Chaos A.D.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 10:43:30 AM »
I prefer Megadeth, although I found their name to be misleading. I initially assumed they were death metal.

Deth...not to be confused with death.

I believe a megadeath is a million or more deaths from a nuclear attack.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

Metallica has more range as each album was way different than the previous albums.  True metal heads probably do prefer Megadeth.  It's like comparing Slayer to Metallica as well.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 11:35:00 AM »
I wish Friedman had never left the band. I always enjoyed his style. Btw Fortress, if u could pick one band to see in their prime live which one would you choose? I’d have to go with Sepultura after the release of Chaos A.D.

Wow. Great question.

SO many.

I’ve always been sorry I missed Ozzy on the BatM tour. With Jake.

Sep, yeah. But on the Beneath the Remains or Arise tours.

The US At the Gates/Dissection tour. Oh, man. I have a bootleg VHS of one of the tour stops.

A HUGE one: Any Max Webster gig. From the seventies.

This list could go on forever.