Author Topic: MR. OLYMPIA - year of the fall....  (Read 1038 times)

Slick Vic

MR. OLYMPIA - year of the fall....
« on: October 01, 2006, 05:25:33 AM »
Way back in 1984, Mr. Olympia, Samir Bannout, took a fall when up comer Lee Haney dethroned him and was declared Mr. Olympia. Fastforward to 2007. It's finally happened - again. Jay "A Cut Above All Competitors" Cutler finally wins The Mr. Olympia!

Bodybuilding needed something like this. Last night, no if, and, or but about it. History was gonna be made be either Ronnie's rise or Ronnie's fall. Unfortunately for Ronnie, it became the latter. Ronnie is a great champ, but the night belong to Jay's. I'm not takin' anything away from Ronnie, but I gotta give everything to Jay. Congratulations, Jay! You finally brought it home!  8)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: MR. OLYMPIA - year of the fall....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:30:51 AM »
IFBB is now going to get to see the positive of not stroking the Ben Weider dynasty fixation, but rather try to make the show a little more unpredictable, and thus, more exciting.

My guess is that next year, the gut rules will be implemented for real, they weren't this year.

Of course, only reason would be to help Phil Heath match up and take out Cutler.

YIP
Zack

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Slick Vic

Re: MR. OLYMPIA - year of the fall....
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:40:07 AM »
IFBB is now going to get to see the positive of not stroking the Ben Weider dynasty fixation, but rather try to make the show a little more unpredictable, and thus, more exciting.

Exactly. Let's hope so.