Author Topic: The IFBB judges did a good job this time. Congratulations.  (Read 766 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
The IFBB judges did a good job this time. Congratulations.
« on: October 01, 2006, 06:33:12 AM »
I went out today before the finals and the sentiments here on Getbig were that Jay had the edge. Surprizingly, he had Ron beat in the back poses. We had threads about that subject here. Check the thread about their double biceps poses. So, it was a pleasant surprize to return and discover that Jay had won the Olympia, afterall. The surprize is that the IFBB judges put someone ahead of the reigning champion. I am sure the shock will take a while to sink in. Maybe there is hope for the IFBB judges? If we go by how they have judged recent contests then a man who doesn't have the condition doesn't win. They applied that to this contest and Jay clearly was ahead of Ronnie. I am glad that the judges did what many thought they wouldn't do. So good to everyone in that panel who made the decision based on what they saw and not on reputation.

I must say that Jay has to improve his physique before he can win again. His posing needs to be better and he should try to get his waist down. Anyway, congratulations to Jay and the others who showed up in fantastic condition. The size of Ronnie was staggering and I hope his faith isn't damaged by his placing. At least Jay went home with a full head of hair!

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
Re: The IFBB judges did a good job this time. Congratulations.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 06:55:31 AM »
Ah, I am glad you commented on ronnie's size in this contest it was epic... people at the moment are overlooking that sheer leap in mass anyway I am sure the contest's outcome is overwhelming and closer critique will come in time.