Author Topic: "Breaking Bad" Season Five Premiere is Most Watched Episode Ever With 2.9 Mill  (Read 2545 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Up your ass Dish...  Hope dish enjoys their suicide... I'm leaving them ASAP over this.  AND THESE RATINGS ARE MINUS ALL DISH CUSTOMERS WHO COULD NOT WATCH IT.  I have to get it off amazon or apple until I switch.

NEW YORK , July 16, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Last night's season five debut of AMC's "Breaking Bad" was the most watched episode in the history of the series. From 10pm -- 11pm, the network earned a 2.2 HH rating delivering 2.9 million viewers. This marks an increase of +22%/+14% respectively. Even more impressive is the exceptional growth among the coveted 18-49 demo, which saw a +34% increase versus last season's premiere. Among the Adults 25-54 demo, "Breaking Bad" delivered 1.8 million marking an increase of +28%. For the night, "Breaking Bad's" season 5 premiere attracted 3.5 million viewers with the 10:00pm EST premiere and the 11:30pm EST encore. In August, AMC announced the final 16 episodes to conclude the series. "Breaking Bad" airs on AMC Sunday nights at 10pm ET/PT.

"From day one, 'Breaking Bad' has been a passion project for all of us at AMC. This show has helped define what our brand stands for in terms of supporting quality storytelling and creative risk-taking. Working with these terrifically creative people on such outstanding material has been a joy-filled ride. I'm so pleased to share this success with the entire 'Breaking Bad' team," said Charlie Collier, AMC's president. "We look forward to sharing the final 16 episodes with 'Breaking Bad's' passionate fans. As our marketing campaign says, 'All hail 'The King.'"

AMC is carried on every cable, satellite and TelCo provider except the Dish network.

Key Nielsen Highlights for the season five premiere of "Breaking Bad":
•10pm airing -- 2.2 HH rating with 2.9 million viewers: +22%/+14% vs. season 4 premiere
•10pm airing -- 1.9 million Adults 18-49: +34% vs. season 4 premiere
•10pm airing -- 1.8 million Adults 25-54: +28% vs. season 4 premiere
•10pm, 11:30pm airings cumed to 3.5 million viewers

Source: The Nielsen Company, L+SD, 7/15/2012

Over the past five seasons, "Breaking Bad" has been heralded as one of the best TV dramas on television. USA Today said, "As hard and sharp and brilliant as a diamond, and in the TV landscape, just as valuable. And, with only 16 episodes left, almost as rare." The New York Post said, "the best antihero on television. Not just today, but ever." People Magazine called it, "the best TV drama ever...Bad has taken the complexity of modern television storytelling to new levels." The Toronto Star states, "the beginning of the end for the best show on television."

"Breaking Bad" stars Emmy(R) Award-winner Bryan Cranston as Walter White; Emmy(R) Award-winner Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman; Anna Gunn as Skyler White; Dean Norris as Hank Schrader; Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader; RJ Mitte as Walter, Jr; Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman; and Jonathan Banks as Mike. "Breaking Bad" is filmed on location in Albuquerque, NM.

cont....
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amcs-breaking-bad-season-five-192355911.html;_ylt=A2KLOzLXEAlQ8BgAYWnQtDMD

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
this season premiere was great.  i still can't believe they're ending after this season :(

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I just started season 3 today. This shit is getting real.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

I just watched season 1-4 in three weeks AND got caught up on season 5! ;D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
How do u have that much time. I am in the middle of seson 3.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I did that with mad men watched them all in a week.  Had the freaking theme song stuck in my head for another week.  >:( but awesome show.