Author Topic: whey protien acne? body fortress brand?  (Read 9658 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: whey protien acne? body fortress brand?
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2008, 04:45:12 PM »
I think is acne is perpetuated due to more more estrogen not testosterone.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but aas causes acne because more estrogen is produced to counteract all the test. 
Most are all show no go!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2008, 05:15:53 PM »
I think is acne is perpetuated due to more more estrogen not testosterone.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but aas causes acne because more estrogen is produced to counteract all the test. 

way off.  test increases sebum production..  p. acnes (the bacteria), loves sebum, and hence more acne.
you are gay.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »
im kinda pissed because the protien is working well in terms of bodyfat reduction and energy. but my guess is that its making my testosterone abnormally high. ive never been the type to get acne but always got a little bit around the mouth when i took tons of protien. so i switched over to soy tastes like crap i add a lil bit of pancake syrup and tastes ok.

i did a search on google and all this shit showed up about whey giving people acne especially around the mouth area. im wondering if this is do to the amount of halogens in it? because i hear they add halogens to alot of processed foods. any you fvckers experience this with whey protien? im guessing ill have to get a more expensive brand or somethin

no its not herpes :)
hey waddy this ever happen when you use other proteins as well, Im always on some sort of protein powder and i have decent acne on my back and at times my face but ive never used body fortress just curious?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2008, 10:37:39 PM »
yup i was using EAS before body fortress n never had acne, shit i'm in my 30s. i shouldn't break out at all. and now that im usin g EAS again, this acne started going away~ almost all gone in my face... but still gotz them on my chest n back but they are definitly going away...ts been about 2wks now..  bro if you didn't start this thread i would have never known it was Body Fortress, all this time i had no clue why i was getting acne... i did everything from buying new towels, detergent, bed sheets, new soap... i was like WTF???? i even accused my wife for doing bad laundry, yelling at her wtf??? i thought she was doing this to me so i dont get attraction from other ladies... it was nutz yo.... and no joke.

ROFL . . .That's fucked up bro. Treat that lady to something special on Valetines Day.

The Beef

And oh yeah don't buy your protein from Walmart. Go to www.TRUEPROTEIN.Com

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2008, 03:18:47 AM »
Don't shop at WalMart ever Waddy.  They have their own agenda and it  involves aliens from Mexico,  not from the Pleiades.

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2008, 05:38:08 AM »
ROFL . . .That's fucked up bro. Treat that lady to something special on Valetines Day.

The Beef

And oh yeah don't buy your protein from Walmart. Go to www.TRUEPROTEIN.Com

yea for sure i will! im a little crazy in head so i somtimes go little overboard....

and thanks for that link!  im gonna go check this rightnow!

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2008, 06:17:13 AM »
if your going to drink a whey protein shake only one time, then before training is the best time to do it.    it prevents your body from using muscular proteins for fuel. which is the most anabolic way to workout. without a high level of complete protein circulating in the blood, the body will resort to breaking itself down during training. if you can prevent this..   its most desireable. 

the human body cannot, even in juicers, synthesize protein at a high enough rate to utilize all of the aminos that will be in the blood stream as a result of drinking a predigested whey shake....  think about how much whole food you would have to eat in order to get 20-40 grams of protein into the blood stream at one time..  that would be a copious amount of food.     

so why would we EVER need to use whey...sinc protien is a building nutrient, and whey provides WAY too many building blocks WAY too fast...and after a very brief period of time they leave the body..    because in the case of whey protien, we dont want to use it for protein synthesis..we want to use it as a source of energy!! (or to quickly jump out of catabolism) 

during a workout it is ineviteable that our bodies will signal the breakdown of proteins..   but if we supply a big amount of protein in the blood stream, we prevent the body from breaking itself down.

big time anabolism going on here...we could actually be BUILDING muscle IN the gym..we dont even have to wait untilll we get done working out!! 

post workout you only need to supplement with bcaa's...because that is what is going to be depleted from your amino acid pool during training..and they are vital for protein synthesis.   so once you replenish those bcaa's, you now have useable protein in sufficient amounts within yoir body..so immidietly post workout its best to head straigt to the whole food.  even with the quickest digesting whole food..egg whites.. its going to be 45 mins before those aminos start to trickle into the blood stream. so if you dirnk a whey shake post training....then wait 60-90 minutes to eat your post training meal... by the time you eat that meal your whey is no longer going to be active in the body (like i said...60-90 minutes of activity for whey proteins..)..so you are making your body starve on protein for at LEAST 45 mins..and thats if you eqt egg whites post workout.   if you are drinking whey, waiting an hour, then eating chicken..your making your body starve for HOURS!     

what is your body doing during that time of protein deprivation...   a time post-workout when issue repair is greatly enhanced... well its eating its own muscle tissue...   

so drinking a whey shake before your workout is key to prevent muscle breakdown during the workout...   and you need to hit up whole foods immidietly post workout.

now, whey can be a great addition to the post workout whole food meal..esp if its chicken or steak..because they do take a while to digest and you would still encounter some time of starvation even if you ate them during your last set...because the pre-workout protein will be gone within a half hour of ending your workout. 

there you go bro.... if you take the time to read all of that, and weed through my horrible spelling and grammar... you will have learned some good shit!!
you are not going to be using protein as fuel during a lifting session.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
http://www.bodyfortress.com/pages/productDetail.aspx?PPID=1

One gram of sugar, Aspartame Free. How sweet can this stuff be?
A

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2008, 08:16:31 AM »
http://www.bodyfortress.com/pages/productDetail.aspx?PPID=1

One gram of sugar, Aspartame Free. How sweet can this stuff be?
theres other additives to sweeten.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »
theres other additives to sweeten.
ah.. i see.
A

bigben280

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 11:59:28 AM »
canidate you are off alot of things you say--research a little better.  Best time to take protein+ as mucha s your body can handle-you had option before or after wkout i would say after most def. your bory should not be in catabolic state before or during your workout if your eating your 6 meals a day, no way and after  you workout after you tore your muscle fibers by lifting, which is the goals you need to feed those muscle within an hour or less preferably immediatley after your workout to be in anaboic state, if you DO NOT eat or get protein (carbs etc.) in your body within an hour of your workout be it a shake or quick digesting food like egg whites the your body starts breaking down the the muscle that you just workout in other words your body goes in to catabolic state--thats why it is imperative to have protein (preferablly whey protein) as soon as your workout is over.--also in the morning is another imperative time to have protein immediatly in your body, you probaly havent ate for 6 to 8 hours so your body is craving pro, carbs, fat...Feed the machine--not dissin you canadate, just correcting a few points

bigben280

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 11:18:58 PM »
any other experiences