Author Topic: Insider Kamali Story from Craig Richardson's Training Partner  (Read 22194 times)

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
Re: Insider Kamali Story from Craig Richardson's Training Partner
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »
     Well, you want the truth, here it is.
     I believe the year was 2003 because we went into NYC to see Dexter the day before Craig was to compete in the Night of Champions.  It was his first time doing the show and Dex was going to check out his condition.  We met Dex, Dennis James and Stan McCrary at Dex's room where Dex checked out Craig and warned us that Victor Martinez was looking very dangerous.  I later ate a big plate of crow as I pronounced that Victor would only be allowed to carry Craig's trophy.  For those who don't know me, I like to talk more trash than Gary Payton but only with people who know I am joking and know that I too have thick skin.
     After leaving the room, a whole bunch of pros went to a diner down the block.  We all sat together and Dorian happened to be across from me to my left.  I engaged him in conversation as I had just finished reading Winston Churchill's "The Gathering Storm."  I told Dorian how much I enjoyed London and how much I admired Churchill.
     To my huge surprise, Dorian started denigrating Churchill and Prime Minister Tony Blair.  He then went on a tirade attacking President Bush and then America itself.  He said that America was a coward and a bully for invading Iraq.  He said that President Bush and the American society were stupid. 
     Craig immediately got nervous as he knew I wasn't going to sit back and not respond.  I asked Dorian if he had first, ever read any history, let alone Churchill's own words.  I reminded him that the same group of people he forever imprinted on his forearm were the ones who mercilessly bombed women and children living in London during WWll. 
     I then moved on and asked him if when he was paid by Weider the check was in dollars or pounds.  I brought up that virtually everyone who helped him was an American and most of his guest posings were due to American promotors or Americans with influence on overseas promoters.  I reminded him that although he really isn't a well-known person, the only people who kiss his ass are predominantly Americans.  I then also noted that all his success occured in America itself.
    At this time, Dex was laughing aloud and waiving his arms.  Dennis James was warning me not to start an argument with a guy so big.  Craig was pleading with me to stop and not let it escalate any further.
    Well, I let it.  I then asked Dorain if he thought the guy speaking to him now was an American coward.  Before he could answer, I said, "Why don't we go outside right now in front of all your friends and see if all Americans are cowards.  C'mon, I'm a small guy, show all your friends how tough you are and crush me right outside." 
    At this point, Dex tried to calm the situation.  Craig knew there was nothing he could do.  I apologized to Craig because I knew that Dorian still had some political clout and I didn't want Craig to suffer any damage.  I stood up, looked at Dorian, said to him, "well?" and then got up and walked out.
   It should be noted that I don't condone violence nor fighting without a legitimate reason.  My actions were immature.  I let my emotions get the better of me.  That is not how I was brought up.
   I am sure some of you will find a way to audit me and I welcome that as this was not intended to be some act of bravado, just a truthful recount of a sad situation with two people who should've acted better.
Harley

this would have been a getbig legend story had Dorian accepted Harleys challenge

for the uninformed Harley is a BJJ world champ and BJJ black belt and would have choked out Dorian in under a minute

this would really have been funny but I am sure DOrian would have backed down

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:46 PM »
He's going to use Brazilian and Japanese martial arts trickery to prove to a British Nazi that Americans aren't cowards?

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2015, 09:07:45 PM »
correctamundo

Harley is a global citizen and man of the world

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2015, 10:32:18 PM »
this would have been a getbig legend story had Dorian accepted Harleys challenge

for the uninformed Harley is a BJJ world champ and BJJ black belt and would have choked out Dorian in under a minute

this would really have been funny but I am sure DOrian would have backed down

Probably but I think it's been established  that Dorian can take a beating from acomplished MMA practitioners.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2015, 05:45:33 PM »
yes that dutch kickboxer KO'd dorian with 1 punch

I believe Harley also is an accomplished kick boxer

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2015, 09:54:46 PM »
Dear Old School Lifter,
  I appreciate the kind words and yes, I did earn a Black Belt in Kickboxing after my own devised test was approved by my Shihan.
  I fought 4 different Black Belts rounds 1-9 and then my Shihan (Juan Perez) rounds 10-15.
  Each round was 3 minutes with 1 minute in between.  The date was August 18, 2001.
  I have it all on DVD as I know there is nothing on GetBig that goes without audit.  I also have the hospital band they gave me
upon admission after my test.
  Thanks for the vote of support.
Harley

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2015, 09:55:57 PM »
Dear Old School Lifter,
  I appreciate the kind words and yes, I did earn a Black Belt in Kickboxing after my own devised test was approved by my Shihan.
  I fought 4 different Black Belts rounds 1-9 and then my Shihan (Juan Perez) rounds 10-15.
  Each round was 3 minutes with 1 minute in between.  The date was August 18, 2001.
  I have it all on DVD as I know there is nothing on GetBig that goes without audit.  I also have the hospital band they gave me
upon admission after my test.
  Thanks for the vote of support.
Harley

I was scrolling through some of your old posts. Normally I hate everyone, but you are a pretty cool guy. Your posts are great

Hava

• Getbig II
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2015, 09:57:40 PM »
 :)I love this old Storys too. Never mind if you are a training Partner or an IFBB Pro yourself. Great you shared

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2015, 10:03:21 PM »
Thanks.  I came back to GetBig because someone posted an article on one of my clients and put up a photo.
This led to someone asking which GetBigger is that attorney with the stupid hair.
Being that I never stopped reading GetBig, I thought I would note, publicly the coincidence that the lawyer is actually
a GetBigger, at least in spirit and it was me.  That continued the thread entitled "NJ Man Hits Friend with 25 pound dumbbell" or something like that.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2015, 02:59:59 AM »
Thanks.  I came back to GetBig because someone posted an article on one of my clients and put up a photo.
This led to someone asking which GetBigger is that attorney with the stupid hair.
Being that I never stopped reading GetBig, I thought I would note, publicly the coincidence that the lawyer is actually
a GetBigger, at least in spirit and it was me.  That continued the thread entitled "NJ Man Hits Friend with 25 pound dumbbell" or something like that.
Haha

Turns out to be a true getbigger...  typical in many regards, but not retired yet.

Anyway, what happened the next time you met up with Dorian?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2015, 08:06:28 AM »
Guys,
     That was impressive how you found the quote and then posted pics of Kamali and Craig next to each other. 
     Perhaps King just made an unintentional mistake.  We all do that. 

Are you saying it was in actuality Melvin Anthony that told him the things he said?

I know we all mistake Morgan L. Fishburne for Denzel Jay Freeman at times.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2015, 08:15:32 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I never thought the Dorian story would be met with such hostility but I posted it because it was true and there
were plenty of witnesses other than Craig Richardson (Dexter, Stan "Curly Top", etc.).
  It was many years ago and I am sure that my behavior was a bit sophomoric.  A civilized society doesn't not allow its
members to get so enraged over differences of opinions that they resort to physical violence. 
  I am glad that we are all able to move on to other, more interesting topics related to bodybuilding, training, diet, cardio,
supplements, etc.
  As far as King Kamali, there was never any dispute between he and Craig.  In fact, every time I've met him, he was just
great and willing to offer information that most pros keep to themselves.  Say what you like about him, he does love the sport.
  I usually just respond on a thread that was made for me by IronGrip so as to keep me less confused. 
  If you guys ever have any questions that I might be able to answer, just write on the appreciation thread and I promise to
give you an honest, although perhaps unpopular, answer.
Harley

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2015, 08:23:36 AM »
King seemed to be having a little trouble "controlling his midsection" here.