Author Topic: Saudi Arabia deports 'irresistible' men deemed 'too handsome' to women  (Read 13956 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Three men were forcibly removed from an annual culture festival in Saudi Arabia and subsequently sent back to the UAE after it was deemed that women could find them irresistible.

The delegates from the United Arab Emirates were in attendance at the Jenadrivah Heritage & Culture Festival in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, when religious police officers stormed the stand and evicted the men because “they are too handsome,” according to the Arabic language newspaper, Elaph.

“A festival official said the three Emiratis were taken out on the grounds they are too handsome and that the Commission [for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices] members feared female visitors could fall for them,” Elaph reported.
The UAE released an official statement indicating that the religious police were anxious over the unexpected presence of an unnamed female artist in the pavilion.

“Her visit to the UAE stand was a coincidence as it was not included in the programme which we had already provided to the festival’s management,” Saeed Al Kaabi, head of the UAE delegation to the festival, said in a statement.
It was not clear if the woman’s presence was related to the decision to evict the “handsome” Emirati men.

Following the incident, Elaph said the festival’s management took swift action to deport the trio back to Abu Dhabi, capital of the Emirates.

With a majority Sunni Muslim population, Saudi Arabia is a deeply religious and ultraconservative society which forbids women from interacting with unrelated males and refuses to accord them with the same rights as men.
It is the only country in the world where women are banned from driving

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/10000341/Saudi-Arabia-deports-irresistible-men-deemed-too-handsome-to-women.html

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
lmao must be a true story because  ::)

HAHAHAHA... seriously come on now :)

stingray

• Getbig III
Ive been to saudi (jeddah/mecca/madina) and its not as bad as some people perceive it.

I hardly saw religious police, its not if there walking around all the time with whips.

Jeddah is pretty liberal, both genders mix,they have restaurants you can eat at etc.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Just another lame article by our local crusader desperado. Remember the previous ones? As if somehow it proves anything lmao. We went over this before but hey.

Yeah I know I posted videos from Saudi before which showcase the ignorance of westerners but it's in one ear out the other.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Well, there's goes the old Saudi vacation....I'd be deported in a heartbeat.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
both genders mix,they have restaurants you can eat at etc.

Sounds like a bastion of liberalism; like a paradise! I'm booking my tickets straight away.

AR.2007

• Getbig II
there is nothing islamic about deporting "handsome men".

infact the prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) himself was said to be very handsome, muscular man.( go read his discription, in many islamic books and accounts from diffrent people).

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

infact the prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) himself was said to be very handsome, muscular man.( go read his discription, in many islamic books and accounts from diffrent people).

Is this why he had to force a child to marry him and have sex with him.    ::)

stingray

• Getbig III

I think prophet yusuf was the most good looking human ever to live.

Back in the days, women would be all over him, and i think there is a narration that his beauty was as good as halve the beauty in this world.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Is this why he had to force a child to marry him and have sex with him.    ::)

You know you realize that this phenomena of not marrying young is only recent right? Only because of British Common law and problems that Westerners were specifically having in their culture, child prostitution for instance. I read upon it actually, that is one of the reasons that the laws were put in place. And the plea of Indian women who were being bought and sold.

The many characters in the bible certainly were not following today's standards of marrying after you f around in clubs and then decide to 'settle down'. It was quite different. People were prepared for life from a young age and prepared for family life/marriage, to have children, help family, etc...

Even Mary (peace be upon her) she wasn't '18' as some people would like it to 'at least be'.. not at all :) As if somehow magically 18 or 19 or 21 in some countries is the magic number of maturity. Mary was about 13 when she was pregnant and 14 when she gave delivery.

According to Jewish law, bar mitzvah is when a boy attains maturity and is expected to be a man, to marry, work, etc... today it's 'symbolic' but these are the facts. Usually around 12.

So really you are basing your hate of something from God based on something from mankind (British in particular).

US law itself was around 10 years of age on average with the lowest in delaware at 7 for sex not just marriage. This was just in the late 1800s. And again the very reason why it was changed was because  of western culture's abuse of young women. Something that even today is prevalent despite artificial numbers. Women are sexually exploited as objects all the time in media, in the whole culture over all. Ironically they are suppose to be 'liberated'.

Only slightly over 50 years ago were women not allowed to get a divorce or get their own property or run their own  business in America. Heck, in the same time period, non whites were not allowed to be around whites and had seperate buses, schools, hair salloons.

All of this is reality and history of western culture up until recently. Islam did away with racism and these issues 1400 years ago. Women were allowed to divorce, allowed to chose whom they want, allowed to own their own property that no man can touch, allowed to run their own businesses, etc... Islam encourages marriage as long as the person is sound, mature and able to rather than promiscuity which western culture strongly endorses. People may hate it, but that's facts.

When I became Muslim I wanted to marry right away I did not want to screw around and here I am almost 7 years married now :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
Re: Saudi Arabia deports 'irresistible' men deemed 'too handsome' to women
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »

Yep, Muhammad was the Arab combination of early 70s Arnold and Fabio with Olympic level athletic ability and WSM level strength.   He was also an accomplished dancer, painter, sculpter, chef, poet, singer, songwriter and juggler.....you name it, Muhammad did it.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »
^Strong sarcasm but those are not activities of a Muslim.

You may despise it but these are the facts, Muhammad (pbuh), Umar (ra), Hamza (ra), Khalid bin walid (ra) were well known for being big, muscular and strong. After all they were not only leaders in politics or spiritually but physically. Remmeber they did not coward when battles happened but were at the front of battles. Hamza was martyrd in battle. Khalid as a muslim general never lost a single battle.

Just like Moses (pbuh) who was strong physically as he led his people spiritually and physically as well. That's why Muhammad is a prophet like unto Moses (pbuh) unlike Jesus (pbuh). Just one small example.

Muslims are encouraged to be physically fit, to eat properly, etc... you see we literally have everything described for us in Islam, but people are not following Islam. Yes there are fat imams oh plenty of them lol... but in reality Muhammad (pbuh) encouraged us to be fit and healthy. Umar (ra) when he saw a fat man and asked him "what is this?" pointing at his belly, the man told him "it's a blessing from Allah for the provisions he gives me" and then Umar told him "NO! It's a curse from Allah" do something about it LOL

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 03:32:55 PM »

You may despise it but these are the facts, Muhammad (pbuh), Umar (ra), Hamza (ra), Khalid bin walid (ra) were well known for being big, muscular and strong. After all they were not only leaders in politics or spiritually but physically. Remmeber they did not coward when battles happened but were at the front of battles. Hamza was martyrd in battle. Khalid as a muslim general never lost a single battle.

Just like Moses (pbuh) who was strong physically as he led his people spiritually and physically as well. That's why Muhammad is a prophet like unto Moses (pbuh) unlike Jesus (pbuh). Just one small example.

"You may despise it..."  AHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!   Many would refer to my post as humor ahmed.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
Not laughing :) As that would be the same as some atheist ridiculing Jesus' miracles in jest and sarcasm (which btw we believe in)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »
Well, I'm gonna continue to enjoy harmless humor and build relationships with others and you can continue to enjoy whatever it is you enjoy! 

Have a good one!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 03:47:04 PM »
I am enjoying my food right now thank you very much. Broccoli, tomato, onions, parsley with vinegar. Also had hot grilled chicken breast and brown rice.

Winning.

AR.2007

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 10:29:30 PM »
heres a discription of Jesus:

Based upon several Hadith narrations of Muhammad, Jesus can be physically described thus (with any differences in Jesus’ physical description being due to Muhammad describing him when seeing him at different occasions, such as in a dream, during his ascension to Heaven, or when describing Jesus during Jesus' second coming):[39]

A well-built man of medium/moderate/average height and stature with a broad chest.

Straight, lank, slightly curly, long hair that fell between his shoulders.

A moderate, fair complexion of red or finest brown.

ALL the prophets of God were perfect humans. I love all the prophets. and I am sure i can speak for any other Muslim on here and say that they do aswell. Each one brought somthing to the table, in terms on the things they were blessed with. Allah truly is the most merciful.

AR.2007

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 10:31:15 PM »
Yep, Muhammad was the Arab combination of early 70s Arnold and Fabio with Olympic level athletic ability and WSM level strength.   He was also an accomplished dancer, painter, sculpter, chef, poet, singer, songwriter and juggler.....you name it, Muhammad did it.

yes prophet Muhammad was VERY strong and did indeed have a good physique, go read historical accounts.

AR.2007

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 10:35:13 PM »
I think prophet yusuf was the most good looking human ever to live.

Back in the days, women would be all over him, and i think there is a narration that his beauty was as good as halve the beauty in this world.

Oh yes of course, no question, in terms on the most handsome human it goes to Prophet Yusuf(pbuh). ya I remember reading a Hadith were it said 90 %(not sure of the exact number) of the worlds beauty was given to Prophet Yusuf(pbuh) and the rest 10%(again not sure of the exact words used) is divded amongst everyone else? somthing like that... maybe one of the Muslim bros can dig up that Hadith to give us the exact words.

also I remember reading that Prophet Moses(pbuh) was the wisest man or smartest man amongst all humans? one of those two I dont remember exactly. again maybe some-one better versed in hadiths can go into better detail.

and I think it was prophet David(pbuh) who was blessed with a very beatiful voice, if i remember correctly.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 10:56:17 PM »
Oh yes of course, no question, in terms on the most handsome human it goes to Prophet Yusuf(pbuh). ya I remember reading a Hadith were it said 90 %(not sure of the exact number) of the worlds beauty was given to Prophet Yusuf(pbuh) and the rest 10%(again not sure of the exact words used) is divded amongst everyone else? somthing like that... maybe one of the Muslim bros can dig up that Hadith to give us the exact words.

also I remember reading that Prophet Moses(pbuh) was the wisest man or smartest man amongst all humans? one of those two I dont remember exactly. again maybe some-one better versed in hadiths can go into better detail.

and I think it was prophet David(pbuh) who was blessed with a very beatiful voice, if i remember correctly.

It makes you wonder why jesus is claimed to be the son of God or even God himself when prophets where doing miracles even before jesus was ever known or Born.

Mohmamed had lot more miracles than Jesus-He is not the son of God

David used to bend steel and make armour from his hands-He is not the son of God.

Moses split the ocean and turned his walking stick into a snake-he is not the son of god.

but jesus heals the sick and cures the sick but he is the son of god.

AR.2007

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 11:29:24 PM »
It makes you wonder why jesus is claimed to be the son of God or even God himself when prophets where doing miracles even before jesus was ever known or Born.

Mohmamed had lot more miracles than Jesus-He is not the son of God

David used to bend steel and make armour from his hands-He is not the son of God.

Moses split the ocean and turned his walking stick into a snake-he is not the son of god.

but jesus heals the sick and cures the sick but he is the son of god.

what they(our non-muslim brothers) dont realize is:

Jesus, Mohammd, Moses, David(all the prophets) they all have ZERO POWER by themselves. they are humans like the rest of us, they are not divine, but these miracles were done only with the permission and power of ALLAH the almighty. Allah, gave them the power and allowed them to do what they did. without Allah giving them the power to heal the sick, split the ocean, turn a stick into a snake...they couldnt do it by themselves.  

even us regular humans doing normal things like drinking a glass of water or eating a peice of food. or in our case lifting a heavy weight is only done with the permission and help of God. thats how powerless we truly are. All true power, strenght, wealth, wisdom, knowledge...ect belongs to God. he blesses his servants by making one man rich, another handsome, another strong, he is the truly merciful, compassionate, generous and wise.

that is what our christian brothers fail to realize!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 03:38:30 AM »
John 10:30-33
30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him
32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

John 14:8-9
8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Matthew 11:27
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

John 20:27-29
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:9-14
9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:36
36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

John 5:18
For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 19:6-7
6 As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!”  But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.”
7 The Jewish leaders insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

Mark 2:5-12
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.
6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves,
7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?
8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things?
9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’?
10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man,
11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.”
12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

Mark 2:28
So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Matthew 13:41
The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

Luke 1:35
The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

John 5:21-23
21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.
22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,
23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

John 8:58-59
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 07:41:36 AM »

Muslims are encouraged to be physically fit, to eat properly, etc... you see we literally have everything described for us in Islam, but people are not following Islam. Yes there are fat imams oh plenty of them lol... but in reality Muhammad (pbuh) encouraged us to be fit and healthy. Umar (ra) when he saw a fat man and asked him "what is this?" pointing at his belly, the man told him "it's a blessing from Allah for the provisions he gives me" and then Umar told him "NO! It's a curse from Allah" do something about it LOL

Your silly religious beliefs; your asking what a wire transfer is; your proud declaration that you've learned html. I used to find you nigh intolerable, but the childlike naivete is starting to grow on me. Don't blow anything up or fund a loosely Al Qaeda-based Canadian cell and we'll be cool.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 08:51:54 AM »
what they(our non-muslim brothers) dont realize is:

Jesus, Mohammd, Moses, David(all the prophets) they all have ZERO POWER by themselves. they are humans like the rest of us, they are not divine, but these miracles were done only with the permission and power of ALLAH the almighty. Allah, gave them the power and allowed them to do what they did. without Allah giving them the power to heal the sick, split the ocean, turn a stick into a snake...they couldnt do it by themselves.  

even us regular humans doing normal things like drinking a glass of water or eating a peice of food. or in our case lifting a heavy weight is only done with the permission and help of God. thats how powerless we truly are. All true power, strenght, wealth, wisdom, knowledge...ect belongs to God. he blesses his servants by making one man rich, another handsome, another strong, he is the truly merciful, compassionate, generous and wise.

that is what our christian brothers fail to realize!

Actually this is exactly what Christians believe....Jesus while a mere man, David, Moses all drew strength from God the Father....good post!!

AR.2007

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 09:06:48 AM »
John 10:30-33
30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him
32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

John 14:8-9
8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Matthew 11:27
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

John 20:27-29
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:9-14
9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:36
36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

John 5:18
For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 19:6-7
6 As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!”  But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.”
7 The Jewish leaders insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

Mark 2:5-12
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.
6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves,
7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?
8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things?
9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’?
10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man,
11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.”
12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

Mark 2:28
So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Matthew 13:41
The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

Luke 1:35
The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

John 5:21-23
21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.
22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,
23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

John 8:58-59
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

the bible has been changed and played with. you yourself admit that.