Author Topic: Any of you buying Silver or Gold as insurance?  (Read 3225 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Any of you buying Silver or Gold as insurance?
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
???

Jizzacked

Re: Any of you buying Silver or Gold as an investment?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:28:54 AM »
too volatile bro....  I like to put my money in old bodybuilding trophies.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »
I invest in Nasser's dirty underwear.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 09:30:52 AM »
Invest in fire power weapons

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:37:47 AM »
???

I thought you brothers have all kinda chains and rings hanging around you neck?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 09:39:18 AM »
invest in bacon

the trainer

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:39:48 AM »
???

It would be smart to invest in me, much better than silver and gold.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 09:41:57 AM »

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Any of you buying Silver or Gold as insurance?
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
your mom is good conserving so i might sell her with a profit.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »
Nope, as stated above too much going on to buy where it is now. Just the ads on the radio about high end jewelers buying gold should be a warning about how close to the top it all could be. Also, if the dollar or world economy crashes so will metals. If the dollar is worth 30% of what it is now in five years I guarantee there's nobody left to give you $1500 an ounce for gold, it will crash as well. Quality firearms and vintage guitars have done great over the past 20 years though, and although they aren't as liquid they can be sold for cash pretty quick.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »
Fair question...as long as it doesn't stray into gas pills.   >:(
~

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
Firearms and isolated houses with vegetables gardens are the best investments.

markofan

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
silver may have already had it's run.  Silver is no longer that much of a monetary metal.  It is mostly industrial.

Gold has a long way to go yet.   

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/russell/russell111711.html

http://usawatchdog.com/it%E2%80%99s-all-about-gold-now/

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 05:47:16 PM »
silver may have already had it's run.  Silver is no longer that much of a monetary metal.  It is mostly industrial.

Gold has a long way to go yet.   

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/russell/russell111711.html

http://usawatchdog.com/it%E2%80%99s-all-about-gold-now/

Yeah nut 1800.00 an ounce?  Ouch!

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »
Nope, I am buying beef cattle. A great way to diversify. Mother fuckers always gonna eat beef.
U

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 06:17:19 PM »
???

Anyone buying gold at $1700/oz is either insane or thinks that 2012 is really happening!

I bought gold at $300 sometime in 2000-2001, and I happily sold at $1500. I won't consider buying gold again anytime soon; I don't see it as a sensible investment, and at its current price, I don't think it's attractively priced as insurance either.

Of course, with everyone in talk radio land (with Glenn Beck at the forefront) pushing gold and promoting their favorite gold company, I expect that many poor saps will end up being proud new owners of quarter ounce golden eagles.

Jizzacked

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 07:34:49 PM »
Anyone buying gold at $1700/oz is either insane or thinks that 2012 is really happening!

I bought gold at $300 sometime in 2000-2001, and I happily sold at $1500. I won't consider buying gold again anytime soon; I don't see it as a sensible investment, and at its current price, I don't think it's attractively priced as insurance either.

Of course, with everyone in talk radio land (with Glenn Beck at the forefront) pushing gold and promoting their favorite gold company, I expect that many poor saps will end up being proud new owners of quarter ounce golden eagles.

no shit bro... I  had a decent stake when it was around 800/oz.  I sold it off sooner than I should have for cash flow reasons, but I would never consider paying double what I was originally paying.  severely overvalued already in my opinion, and anyone that is just jumping on the gold train (or silver for that matter) is being foolish.  I was buying silver as well all day at $17/oz in 2006-2007.  my only regret is not leveraging everything I had at the time and buying as much metal as possible then.  these days, it has become a poor investment.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »
All fiat currencies are heading towards their intrinsic values of zero. There is no chance of paying off the nation debt. All politicians/bankers know this. That's why nothing is being done about it. As a result gold is going to a minimum of $8000/ounce silver to a minimum of $500/ounce with a possibility of $40,000 gold and $1,500 silver. Gold and silver have been the only real money for thousands of years. We are going back to currency backed by precious metals (JFK was working on this; executive order 11100) when the fiat currencies collapse. You will notice all central banks are now buying gold. Chavez recently demanded his gold from the City of London. When Italy defaults on their debt, all their gold will be taken by the banks which was part of the plan all along. Italy holds the 3rd highest amount of gold reserves in the world. France will follow shortly after. Germany holds the 2nd highest amount of gold reserves in the world. Unfortunately for them it's held in America. They will not be getting it back. China is frantically obtaining precious metals and urging its citizens to buy. Read between the lines and you will understand.

Silver under $100/ounce is bargain basement prices. Keep buying silver and gold. Do not stop.

Jizzacked

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »
All fiat currencies are heading towards their intrinsic values of zero. There is no chance of paying off the nation debt. All politicians/bankers know this. That's why nothing is being done about it. As a result gold is going to a minimum of $8000/ounce silver to a minimum of $500/ounce with a possibility of $40,000 gold and $1,500 silver. Gold and silver have been the only real money for thousands of years. We are going back to currency backed by precious metals (JFK was working on this; executive order 11100) when the fiat currencies collapse. You will notice all central banks are now buying gold. Chavez recently demanded his gold from the City of London. When Italy defaults on their debt, all their gold will be taken by the banks which was part of the plan all along. Italy holds the 3rd highest amount of gold reserves in the world. France will follow shortly after. Germany holds the 2nd highest amount of gold reserves in the world. Unfortunately for them it's held in America. They will not be getting it back. China is frantically obtaining precious metals and urging its citizens to buy. Read between the lines and you will understand.

Silver under $100/ounce is bargain basement prices. Keep buying silver and gold. Do not stop.

ok bro  ::)

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 08:21:56 PM »
There is a long way to go for gold. I won't argue that you are buying at the bottom right now, but you aren't buying at the top either.

The US can't balance their budget, the ECB is on the verge of printing their way out of an economic disaster. The more money that is printed the more a currency will be devalued.

I won't touch silver right now, it's far too volatile and subjected to massive manipulation (JP Morgans shorts) but I am defiantly buying gold on this dip.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »
Nope, I am buying beef cattle. A great way to diversify. Mother fuckers always gonna eat beef.

haha my wife and i actually own a herd of cattle on a farm in Colombia.  

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 08:24:05 PM »
And what are you Vanderbilt's gonna use to pay for all this lucre?    ::)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 08:24:56 PM »
All fiat currencies are heading towards their intrinsic values of zero.

Good demonstration of your awesome knowledge of economics.  ::)

There is no chance of paying off the nation debt.

Right, because why would a nation with a good credit rating (e.g. U.S.) and extremely low borrowing costs want to have no debt? It doesn't make sense...

Chavez recently demanded his gold from the City of London.

Oh well, if Chavez does it... it's not like he's a nutjob.

You first.

There is a long way to go for gold. I won't argue that you are buying at the bottom right now, but you aren't buying at the top either.

The question is why buy it at all? Gold isn't meant as a primary investment vehicle. It's meant as a hedge against a very particular kind of economic threat: inflation. Right now, there's really no strong signs of inflation, and even if there were, because of the extremely low discount rate, the Fed would be very well positioned to control it.

The more money that is printed the more a currency will be devalued.

This isn't entirely accurate

I won't touch silver right now, it's far too volatile and subjected to massive manipulation (JP Morgans shorts) but I am defiantly buying gold on this dip.

And you think that gold isn't? You have advertisements on TV urging people to sell gold by mail and advertisements on talk radio, urging people to buy gold. No doubt, silver is more volatile, but if you think that gold is somehow immune to manipulation you are deluded.