Author Topic: Do you still Trust "supplement" companies?  (Read 15412 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Do you still Trust "supplement" companies?
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 07:52:42 PM »
Beverly International is a good company, there protein is alos very good

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »
Have only heard good things about them.
I am a big baby

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2009, 07:59:42 PM »
I bought some Progenex and can honestly say it is a very good protein as far as recovery(albeit very overpriced).

Like 4 or 5 years back, via Billy Carp and MS, I got some of that recovery product which eventually became Dr Connely's new company.

It was ten pills, taken 2x a day on training day, an 1x a day on rest days.

Now, I was a 215-pound fatty back then, so I have no clue about muscularity... but I do know that soreness completely disappeared for a full month.  I couldn't get sore no matter how long I trained.  It was the strangest thing.

I ran outta the stuff eventually, never know what extent that became the new product.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »

Cool, thanks man. Those guys have been around forever. I remember ordering from them when you had to buy supplements with a mail order catalog back in the day, just kind of forgot about them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »

I think it was Beverly on Ronnie Coleman's counter on his Redemption dvd. 

His endorsement contract was with someone else, but you know the man is actually using what is sittin on the kitchen counter.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
Christian Boeving pretty much said it all, there's a few supplements worth taking, but 99% of the stuff you see in stores is absolute GARBAGE !!!

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2009, 08:09:50 PM »
Like 4 or 5 years back, via Billy Carp and MS, I got some of that recovery product which eventually became Dr Connely's new company.

It was ten pills, taken 2x a day on training day, an 1x a day on rest days.

Now, I was a 215-pound fatty back then, so I have no clue about muscularity... but I do know that soreness completely disappeared for a full month.  I couldn't get sore no matter how long I trained.  It was the strangest thing.

I ran outta the stuff eventually, never know what extent that became the new product.

Yeah, like I said, Progenex definitely makes you recover much quicker. Just to expensive to be any where close to cost effective.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »
Yeah, like I said, Progenex definitely makes you recover much quicker. Just to expensive to be any where close to cost effective.
Testosterone makes you recover faster and is cheaper.
I am a big baby

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
Testosterone makes you recover faster and is cheaper.

Yep, thats what I was getting at, believe me ;) But, I like to try out some of these new companies every once in a while when some extra money is on hand. Was a big fan of the original Met-Rx, thats why I tried the Progenex.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2009, 08:34:54 PM »

Now, I was a 215-pound fatty back then, so I have no clue about muscularity... .

And now you have a clue, but still a 215-pound fatty...........

Yeahh  Budddy

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2009, 08:37:39 PM »
I'm just curious if it's common knowledge by now, beyond this smart ass community that overpriced pre-packaged "formulas" don't work and not worth the money?

I spotted some kids yesteday making fun of the "9.234903433333333lb lean mass in 20.66666666 days" concept and they were skinny so the bullshit status must be catching up  ???

am I too optimistic?

Why would you trust people in general, let alone a COMPANY? 

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »
I'm just curious if it's common knowledge by now, beyond this smart ass community that overpriced pre-packaged "formulas" don't work and not worth the money?

If they dont worth the money you migh as well go for the shippest one, I mean everyone on this board complains about supplements, yet they all use them......

Body Fortress  whey protein 2.5 lbs its like $11.99 Who can beat that?

Got to dig deeep !!!!!!

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2009, 09:18:24 PM »
If they dont worth the money you migh as well go for the shippest one, I mean everyone on this board complains about supplements, yet they all use them......

Body Fortress  whey protein 2.5 lbs its like $11.99 Who can beat that?

Got to dig deeep !!!!!!

TrueProtein.com.
G.M.W: King23's Army

Big Mark C

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »
hahhahahha, Just look at a company like AtLarge Nutrition who refuses to post a lab assay that I requested about one of their products. Not only is the company owner, Chris Douchebag Mason, a complete ass but he is peddeling a line of prducts the should be renamed Garbage Nutrition. Anyone who would trust a company like this is a FOOL!

christine mason is a laughable fraud ;D

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »
christine mason is a laughable fraud ;D

Do they sell "At Large" down under?

if so, sorry.
G.M.W: King23's Army

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 03:14:52 AM »

I spotted some kids yesteday making fun of the "9.234903433333333lb lean mass in 20.66666666 days" concept and they were skinny so the bullshit status must be catching up  ???

am I too optimistic?

That's Jay Cutlers urine in the flasks.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2009, 03:25:41 AM »
i read some article "60 years Muscle&Fitness magazine" or sth like that a few days ago and it came clear to me that the whole supplement industry was invented by Joe Weider to make more money from his magazines.

It was a perfect thing to do, a perfect circle where each part made the other stronger! He's a genius, really.

First, the magazines that promote the Bodybuilders and make them heores, then the Bodybuilders, paid by Weider to tell everyone that you need tons of protein and other stuff, then the supplements, advertised by the bodybuilders in the magazines.

Perfect marketing.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2009, 07:21:52 AM »
bump for an opinion.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »
Body Fortress Proteion is the biggest junk on the planet.
This is the way it works with most compnies
The company has the product made for them by a private label manufacture.They reciever thew product, and then they ship it out to stores.
So how does Bdoy Fortress make any product if the product they are selling is real? The product is being made for them, they are then selling it to walmart, which means 3 diffrent ccompanies all have to make a profit.
How can a company make a profit selling 2.5lbs of Whey Protein at $11.99 if its legit?
I do manufacturing and most of the time compnies pay more then $11.99 for 2 lbs of Whey protein if the protein is Isolate of above 80% concentrate.
How does Body Fortress sell protein at Wal-Mart for $11.99?
 Its probably only 30-40% Whey Protein powder , which only costs about a $1 a lb.I am tempted to go buy a bottle of Body Fortress protein today, and have it sent to Miller Laboratories for an independent lab assay, lol.Trust me fellas if I did this Body Fortress wouldnt want to show there face.I bet it will come up 5-8 grams of protein per scoop ,lol.I should post the assay on getbig, and on my website.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2009, 09:03:43 AM »
No.

What I tell every young bloke at the gym is SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR GOOD FOOD AND REAL STEROIDS (if you want to use them). That's what works!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2009, 09:07:18 AM »
saying "supplements" don't work based on claims made about methoxy or the flavones is like saying "exercise machines don't work" because of the ab circle and such.

protein works, creatine works, stim pills work. you can't fuck up simple chemistry and argue that things like yohimbine and ephedrine have no effect on fat loss or creatine doesn't have a positive effect on muscle gains. plus quite a number of us around here have tested out multiple NO products and, independently of one another, drawn the same conclusions of them.

some do, some don't, and obviously ad campaigns are ridiculous, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to buy a jug of protein or try out NO Shotgun.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »
Body Fortress Proteion is the biggest junk on the planet.
I do manufacturing and most of the time compnies pay more then $11.99 for 2 lbs of Whey protein if the protein is Isolate of above 80% concentrate.
How does Body Fortress sell protein at Wal-Mart for $11.99?
 Its probably only 30-40% Whey Protein powder , which only costs about a $1 a lb.I am tempted to go buy a bottle of Body Fortress protein today, and have it sent to Miller Laboratories for an independent lab assay, lol.Trust me fellas if I did this Body Fortress wouldnt want to show there face.I bet it will come up 5-8 grams of protein per scoop ,lol.I should post the assay on getbig, and on my website.

So That means that BSN and Muscle milk being around $30.00 for same amount of protein (2.5 lbs)  must be legit then...   ????

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2009, 09:27:59 AM »
No.

What I tell every young bloke at the gym is SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR GOOD FOOD AND REAL STEROIDS (if you want to use them). That's what works!

This is the dumbest advice I have ever heard.
A person should not take any form of steroids until he is genetically maxed out naturally.I waited until I was 32 and had a solid foundation.This way you dont just have a drug body, plus you kepp most of your gains when you use a steroid cycle.If you just use steroids withouty a foundation to start with, you gain 30lbs when you use them and when you come off of them you lose all the weight you gained except now you have stretch marks..
I dont thinbk any bodybuilder should usew steroids before the age of 30.They should train 10-12 years naturally, max out there genetics, then go on a cycle.
Most importantly unless you are a pro athlete or going to compete, dont do steroids.There is nothing worse then a guy doing juice just to pick up girls or to impress his friends.Why bother???

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2009, 09:30:28 AM »
No.

This is the dumbest advice I have ever heard.
A person should not take any form of steroids until he is genetically maxed out naturally.I waited until I was 32 and had a solid foundation.This way you dont just have a drug body, plus you kepp most of your gains when you use a steroid cycle.If you just use steroids withouty a foundation to start with, you gain 30lbs when you use them and when you come off of them you lose all the weight you gained except now you have stretch marks..
I dont thinbk any bodybuilder should usew steroids before the age of 30.They should train 10-12 years naturally, max out there genetics, then go on a cycle.
Most importantly unless you are a pro athlete or going to compete, dont do steroids.There is nothing worse then a guy doing juice just to pick up girls or to impress his friends.Why bother???

Yes, it's dumb not to waste money on "superdrol" and "plazmosis" and "decaduratestosexplode" and all the other snake oil peddled by the supplement companies  ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »
Yes, it's dumb not to waste money on "superdrol" and "plazmosis" and "decaduratestosexplode" and all the other snake oil peddled by the supplement companies  ::)

this is totally true. the sad thing is that kids will buy things like methyl-1-test and such, which are way worse for the body, because they're fooled into believing that since it's legal it can't be as dangerous as real gear.  :-\

but i have a lot of tubs of various crap i ordered off bb.com and i won't be told they were a bad idea.