Author Topic: Buffalo Bills have the dumbest player in the NFL.  (Read 21034 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Buffalo Bills have the dumbest player in the NFL.
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »

Read my (1st) post on the issue....I think it may have even been you I quoted.

I get it. But what I DO NOT get, is why any IDIOT would NOT protect the ball with his life in that situation!!! "Trying to make a play" ended up costing his team the game.

Definitely.  Major mistake in trying to extend and get that extra yard.  You're correct. 

Did any of you see that McKelvins front yard was vandalized after the game?  Ridiculous.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2009, 10:31:46 AM »
So how are you guys saying he did the right thing any different, onlymen?  Those of us who are saying he should taken a knee are in agreement with all the people I listed above....(ie: Ditka, Jackson, Ritchie, Stewart) yet you are the "ex-pro football coaches" who know better than all those former NFL players and coaches.....ok...

And what would people have said if he ran it back for touchdown.  They would day "Now that's what separates a pro from a amatuer, good call"  Not one person would say anything different than say he did the right thing and it pad off.
No Worries 4 me

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2009, 10:36:08 AM »
And what would people have said if he ran it back for touchdown.  They would day "Now that's what separates a pro from a amatuer, good call"  Not one person would say anything different than say he did the right thing and it pad off.

Will you stop repeating this?! It is not relevant. Hell, a lot of this thread is not relevant.

He didn't run the ball back for a touchdown. He did not protect the ball, hence he fumbled and the game was lost.

If he ran it back for a touchdown, the outcome of the game would not have changed...so why he would be applauded for a banal touchdown is not relevant. If it was in the last game of the season propelling them to win and go to the Super Bowl, that's a different story.

The fumble however, changed the outcome of the game!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2009, 10:49:17 AM »
I cant believe this is evan a debate...just shows how little people's football knowledge is....

In no way, shape of form should he have taken it out of the endzone...PERIOD. There was nothing to gain, and everything to lose (which they did)..."going for the extra yard", etc...is all bullshit...if he was just tackled as normal...they wouldve been a few yards ahead of the 20, where they would have started anyway, with NO chance of a fumble/ turnover/ etc.

He blew it....bigtime

You take a knee, and let your O take over to make a few first downs, there was no reason for any special team heroics...they were ahead

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2009, 10:59:22 AM »
I cant believe this is evan a debate...just shows how little people's football knowledge is....

In no way, shape of form should he have taken it out of the endzone...PERIOD. There was nothing to gain, and everything to lose (which they did)..."going for the extra yard", etc...is all bullshit...if he was just tackled as normal...they wouldve been a few yards ahead of the 20, where they would have started anyway, with NO chance of a fumble/ turnover/ etc.

He blew it....bigtime

You take a knee, and let your O take over to make a few first downs, there was no reason for any special team heroics...they were ahead

Are you that fucking dumb? what if the fumble happened during a play "when the O took over" ? then what you have said? 

just for one second imagine the guy didnt take a knee in the end zone, runs out of the end zone, and gets tackled at the 20 yard line... then the O takes over... first down they run the ball for 3 yards... second down the run the ball, the runner fumbles the ball !!!...

catch my drift? THE FUMBLE WAS THE MISTAKE NOT THE RUNNING OUT OF THE END ZONE.... people seem to associate the 2 together.. 

to re-iterate:
THE DECISION TO RUN OUT OF THE END ZONE IN THE FINAL 2 MINUTES OF A GAME WHEN YOUR UP IS NOT A MISTAKE!!!

FUMBLING THE BALL IN THE LAST 2 MINS OF THE GAME (or anytime for that matter) WHEN YOUR TEAM IS UP IS A MISTAKE

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »
Are you that fucking dumb? what if the fumble happened during a play "when the O took over" ? then what you have said? 

just for one second imagine the guy didnt take a knee in the end zone, runs out of the end zone, and gets tackled at the 20 yard line... then the O takes over... first down they run the ball for 3 yards... second down the run the ball, the runner fumbles the ball !!!...

catch my drift? THE FUMBLE WAS THE MISTAKE NOT THE RUNNING OUT OF THE END ZONE.... people seem to associate the 2 together.. 

to re-iterate:
THE DECISION TO RUN OUT OF THE END ZONE IN THE FINAL 2 MINUTES OF A GAME WHEN YOUR UP IS NOT A MISTAKE!!!

FUMBLING THE BALL IN THE LAST 2 MINS OF THE GAME (or anytime for that matter) WHEN YOUR TEAM IS UP IS A MISTAKE

The chance of fumbling when you DONT run the ball out of the endzone...is ZERO....Einstein

Every other hypothetical, is irrelevant.

You just made my point...

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2009, 11:11:01 AM »

The chance of fumbling when you DONT run the ball out of the endzone...is ZERO....Einstein

Every other hypothetical, is irrelevant.

You just made my point...

Chick, you should call Ralph Wilson and discuss possible coaching positions on the Bills.  Maybe with your insight into the game you could be an asset to the team.  Whatta ya think?

Hope it doesn't turn out like your little cop job did.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »
PERFECTLY PUT. 

WHy are you other idiots not getting it?   

Great, now if people don't agree with "mr. all-state" we are idiots.  Funny that the people who actually know football, to include EVERY analyst on TV agrees with us, to include NFL coaches and players, yet you and 240 know best.....I guess you should apply for some NFL coaching jobs.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »

This isn't funny, but next time, he'll probably stay in the endzone:

McKelvin's front lawn vandalized

HAMBURG, N.Y. -- Bills players are concerned with their privacy and safety after the front lawn of a home belonging to cornerback Leodis McKelvin was vandalized following Buffalo's season-opening loss to New England.

Hamburg police on Tuesday confirmed the home of a Bills player was vandalized, but declined to release details of their investigation after an obscenity and the score of Monday night's game -- a 25-24 loss to the Patriots -- were painted in white on the player's lawn in suburban Buffalo.

McKelvin fumbled a kickoff return with under two minutes to play and the Bills leading 24-19. Three plays later, New England's Tom Brady hit Benjamin Watson for the go-ahead touchdown as the Patriots overcome an 11-point deficit in the final 2:06.

Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell referred to a teammate's home being vandalized in a post on his Twitter page, though he did not say it was McKelvin's home. Mitchell warned fans that such behavior is disturbing.

"W/ all the safety issues n the NFL its not funny at all," Mitchell wrote. "We have Fam at our homes to protect. If u show ur face on my prop Ill make sure I do everythin to keep my Fam safe."

Mitchell warned that he would consider vandalism threatening behavior if it happened to his home.

"Its my job to protect my home as it is the job of all home owners. Dont push the limit," Mitchell wrote.

Though Bills fans are passionate about their team, Monday's night's vandalism is surprising. Bills players previously have hailed the team's fans for being respectful and allowing players their privacy.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold declined comment by saying the team considers this a police matter.

A message left on a phone listed to McKelvin was not returned.

It's not clear if there was anyone at home at the time the vandalism occurred.

Bills players had the day off before returning to practice Wednesday to prepare to host Tampa Bay this weekend.

Bills safety George Wilson was shocked upon learning the news earlier in the day.

"To see that type of response from so-called passionate fans is taking things to the extreme," said Wilson, who is the team's union representative. "You can blog and make your opinions, but to go to a person's residence, you're taking it to a whole new level."

McKelvin, selected in the first round of the 2008 draft out of Troy, set a team record and ranked second in the NFL with 1,468 kickoff return yards last season. He also scored a touchdown.

He opened this season by taking over a starting job opposite veteran cornerback Terrence McGee.

After the game against the Patriots, McKelvin was criticized for running the ball out of the end zone rather than taking a knee. After being hit by Brandon Meriweather at the Bills 30, McKelvin attempted to gain an extra yard before being stripped of the ball by Pierre Woods.

Following the game, McKelvin said he was disappointed that he fumbled but noted he would run the ball out of the end zone again if given the same opportunity.

"Next time I get the opportunity, I am going to hold on and make a better decision," he said.

Coach Dick Jauron defended McKelvin.

"He's a dynamic runner and he was trying to win a football game, ice a football game," Jauron said, adding that McKelvin attempted to protect the ball with two hands. "It's just one of those things that happens, but I don't have any problems with Leodis. He plays the game hard."

With a nod to Terrell Owens, defensive end Aaron Schobel was upbeat a day after yet another Monday night meltdown by the Bills.

"I think Terrell said it best before and after the game," Schobel said. "He said he's been on a lot of teams and said we've got talent. We've just got to put it together. I think he's right."

Schobel did express concern that the Bills continue to struggle to seal victories. They lost 29-27 to Cleveland on a Monday night last season on Phil Dawson's 56-yard field goal with 1:39 left. Two years ago on a Monday night, Buffalo gave up 9 points in the final 20 seconds in a 25-24 loss to Dallas.

"The bottom line is when you have a chance to win the game, win the game. We didn't do that," he said. "It's a long season and we're going to be all right. We've just got to get on a roll."

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2009, 11:13:57 AM »

But the fumble DID NOT happen when the offense took over, because the guy ran the ball out WITHOUT protecting the ball, and fumbled. It never got to the point where the "if's, and's or but's" could happen.

Go into a courtroom and argue with a judge or prosecutor as you are now, and let's see how far you get.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »

Great, now if people don't agree with "mr. all-state" we are idiots.  Funny that the people who actually know football, to include EVERY analyst on TV agrees with us, to include NFL coaches and players, yet you and 240 know best.....I guess you should apply for some NFL coaching jobs.

Every analyst on tv... AND coaches?   Hmm...  wonder why Bobby April choose to run him out?   I guess the coach of the number 1 ranked special teams unit doesn't know a thing about football.

You do know that Buffalo has the best special teams unit in the NFL, right?  I would pretty mucn take their coaches decisions as the right thing to do....MORE SO than monday morning "analysts" etc etc...      he knows his team and unit..  HE MADE THE RIGHT CALL.  END of story.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »
Every analyst on tv... AND coaches?   Hmm...  wonder why Bobby April choose to run him out?   I guess the coach of the number 1 ranked special teams unit doesn't know a thing about football.

You do know that Buffalo has the best special teams unit in the NFL, right?  I would pretty mucn take their coaches decisions as the right thing to do....MORE SO than monday morning "analysts" etc etc...      he knows his team and unit..  HE MADE THE RIGHT CALL.  END of story.

How do you know he "chose to run him out?"  I suppose April said so.....right and a coach would never protect one of their players after making a dumb mistake by saying such a thing.  Just like Jauron had to defend him.

And even IF Buffalo had the best speacial teams in the NFL, which is highly debatable as leading the league in return yardage is only one aspect of special teams, the normal special teams unit wasn't even on the field.  It was the hands team, which means no return was set-up which means he shouldn't have returned the football.  Now that is END OF STORY.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2009, 11:27:36 AM »
How do you know he "chose to run him out?"  I suppose April said so.....right and a coach would never protect one of their players after making a dumb mistake by saying such a thing.  Just like Jauron had to defend him.

And even IF Buffalo had the best speacial teams in the NFL, which is highly debatable as leading the league in return yardage is only one aspect of special teams, the normal special teams unit wasn't even on the field.  It was the hands team, which means no return was set-up which means he shouldn't have returned the football.  Now that is END OF STORY.

The Bills DO indeed have the best special teams unit in the NFL.  Thats a known fact.  They even talked about it during the game.  There is no "if" about it. 

And I know April was behind his running it out bc he has stated so...  it was mentioned during mckelvin's post game interview.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2009, 11:32:44 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4070567

This speaks volumes.  You can't deny their coach.  

"League-leading 15.5 yards per punt return"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »

The Bills DO indeed have the best special teams unit in the NFL.  Thats a known fact.  They even talked about it during the game.  There is no "if" about it. 

And I know April was behind his running it out bc he has stated so...  it was mentioned during mckelvin's post game interview.

I repeat, of course April like any good coach, is going to deflect criticsm from a good player who made a mistake by saying it was "his call." 

Put it this way, if one of the hands team guys had fielded the kick, should he have just fell on the ball, or as you guys say, take off running "and make a play to ice the game?"  Answer that honestly and you will see the light. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2009, 11:44:23 AM »
Some of you guys are issing the point, entirely...had he not been 3 yards deep going backwards to catch the ball in the EZ, then fine...but he was.

Even on routine kickoffs, this is considered "taking a knee" situation, let alone preserving the win.....

As I said, there was NO advantage to running it out....

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »
I repeat, of course April like any good coach, is going to deflect criticsm from a good player who made a mistake by saying it was "his call." 

Put it this way, if one of the hands team guys had fielded the kick, should he have just fell on the ball, or as you guys say, take off running "and make a play to ice the game?"  Answer that honestly and you will see the light. 

This is my final response to this dude.  

McKelvin was told to return the ball by the best special teams coach in the NFL for this reason:  If he downs it, the Bills were most likely to go 3 and out.  They punt.  The Pats return it X number of yards.  Brady steps in and finishes the game.

They needed yardage period.  The mistake was made in reaching out with the ball, trying to get that extra yard.  It was correct to return the ball.  How can you debate that with the best, if not one of the best speical teams coaches out there?  Your ignoance is amazing.  Regardless, you're entitled to your opinion.  

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »
Some of you guys are issing the point, entirely...had he not been 3 yards deep going backwards to catch the ball in the EZ, then fine...but he was.

Even on routine kickoffs, this is considered "taking a knee" situation, let alone preserving the win.....

As I said, there was NO advantage to running it out....

Honestly Chick, you're missing it here.  Seriously.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »
Honestly Chick, you're missing it here.  Seriously.

Apparently, your missing the fact that he DID run it out, and he DID fumble, and they DID lose the game.

This other notion presented, that they would have "most likely" went 3 and out is ridiculous at best....

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »
Apparently, your missing the fact that he DID run it out, and he DID fumble, and they DID lose the game.

This other notion presented, that they would have "most likely" went 3 and out is ridiculous at best....

WHAT?!?!   Did you watch the Bill's drive right after the Pats TD?  They DID go 3 and out. 

And how am i missing the fact that he did run it out?  I'm agreeing with that you dingdong?!

You certainly provide a good amount of laughter with your knowledge.   ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2009, 12:01:21 PM »
WHAT?!?!   Did you watch the Bill's drive right after the Pats TD?  They DID go 3 and out. 

And how am i missing the fact that he did run it out?  I'm agreeing with that you dingdong?!

You certainly provide a good amount of laughter with your knowledge.   ::)

Yeah...AFTER they were scored on and now were LOSING....two different senarios.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2009, 12:04:23 PM »
Yeah...AFTER they were scored on and now were LOSING....two different senarios.

ahhaha...  So by your logic, they are more apt to go 3 and out after being scored on?  Dude, you've GOTTA be kidding us on here.

Stick to bodybuilding.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2009, 12:05:05 PM »
It's just a game.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2009, 12:18:07 PM »
ahhaha...  So by your logic, they are more apt to go 3 and out after being scored on?  Dude, you've GOTTA be kidding us on here.

Stick to bodybuilding.

WTF are you talking about? The play selection would have been different, the defense would have been different, the circumstances would have been different...

Stick to making an ass of yourself, you do a good job

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »
WTF are you talking about? The play selection would have been different, the defense would have been different, the circumstances would have been different...

Stick to making an ass of yourself, you do a good job

Your posts are so incomprehensible its ridiculous. 

Stick to lubing up other men's hamstrings bro.