Author Topic: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...  (Read 80838 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...
« on: April 26, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »
For years he has been touting that his "adonis principles" are the ideal way to eat in order to gain muscle/lose fat.  These principles are, of course, complete bullshit.  

I offered to fly him & his "girlfriend" to California (at my expense) so that he may debate this with Dr. Scott Connelly.  I would, of course videotape everything and post it on GB.  Unfortunately, he came up with 15 pages of excuses (see link below), thus exposing himself as a complete fraud  :-\

The fact remains - calorie counting is useless.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=328439.375;topicseen
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »
LOL knew this was coming...TA youve stepped in it this time bro

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »
I don't care what you guys say, TA and Wavelength are 100% correct.  Using their methods I am learner and stronger then ever before!  :o
S

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 02:40:56 PM »
Mindspin, I have an open mind but find it hard to believe that losing fat doesnt come down to mainly calorie counting along with a good intake of protein,can you briefly sum up what Dr Connelly believes is actually the key to losing fat?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:41:43 PM »
I had a two fried (battered in Rice flour adonis) chicken breasts for breakfast...   ;D
S

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »
I don't care what you guys say, TA and Wavelength are 100% correct.  Using their methods I am learner and stronger then ever before!  :o
X2 its all math

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »
LOL TA also believes that fast food is as nutritional as other foods... ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »
X2 its all math

Yes! 

Very simple, if I burn X amount of calories daily all I need to do is cut calories to an amount less than X to lose fat.

How can you even argue with that?  ???
S

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 02:46:37 PM »

x2 the science is irrefutable.

the fact a 'Dr' feels different is a sad reflection of the poor standard of education he must have received.
175lbs by 31st July

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 02:47:54 PM »
Yes! 

Very simple, if I burn X amount of calories daily all I need to do is cut calories to an amount less than X to lose fat.

Yep more than you need = gain  less than you need = lose.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »
Mindspin, I have an open mind but find it hard to believe that losing fat doesnt come down to mainly calorie counting along with a good intake of protein,can you briefly sum up what Dr Connelly believes is actually the key to losing fat?

I'm going to state this once, and then leave it for the Adam/Connelly debate.  

Connelly believes that you can take a pair of monozygotic twins and put them both on an identical training regimen and identical caloric consumption.  However, if one is getting his calories primarily from protein, and the other is getting his calories primarily from carbs, they will end up with differing body composition.  In spite of the fact that both twins are burning & consuming the same amount of calories, the twin that is consuming primarily protein will end up with more muscle and lower body fat.

That is the oversimplified position.  Like I said before, I'm not going to spend hours on here reading through Adonis cut & paste nonsense.  The best way to settle this is to get the two together and see it debated.

w

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:06 PM »
TA > "Dr." Scott Connelly

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »
That humans are an amino acid driven organism. That we have an ancestral affinity for protein and fat. That carbohydrates are not an essential nutrient. That Insulin is the only fat storage hormone in the body. Control insulin via carbohydrate intake and we can control fat storage. The Dr stresses complex hormonal processes that are not controlled by varying amounts of calories.

IMO people always want to find a way to eat more, and to suffer less.

dieting is much more mental than physical. It involves feelings of hunger, often leading to irrational thought patterns and as a result - binge eating and crazy diet fads

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 02:51:07 PM »
Yes! 

Oh...it is that VERY misconception that is at the heart of all this confusion.  We have to get this debate going.  I want you guys to hear Scott explain this!
w

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 02:51:43 PM »

Connelly believes that you can take a pair of monozygotic twins and put them both on an identical training regimen and identical caloric consumption.  However, if one is getting his calories primarily from protein, and the other is getting his calories primarily from carbs, they will end up with differing body composition.  In spite of the fact that both twins are burning & consuming the same amount of calories, the twin that is consuming primarily protein will end up with more muscle and lower body fat.

That is the oversimplified position.  Like I said before, I'm not going to spend hours on here reading through Adonis cut & paste nonsense.  The best way to settle this is to get the two together and see it debated.

i do not see how this is at odds with what adonis believes  ???
175lbs by 31st July

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 02:52:18 PM »
Yep more than you need = gain  less than you need = lose.

I feel sorry for these fat ladies that buy this expensive equipment and don't realize all they need to do is cut calories.  :(
S

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »
I offered to fly him & his "girlfriend" to California (at my expense) so that he may debate this with Dr. Scott Connelly.  I would, of course videotape everything and post it on GB.  Unfortunately, he came up with 15 pages of excuses (see link below), thus exposing himself as a complete fraud  :-\
I could not care less about the 'debate.' I can't believe he passed on a free trip on MindSpin's nickle. I would have been in that mini-bar before the bellhop put my luggage down.   ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
For years he has been touting that his "adonis principles" are the ideal way to eat in order to gain muscle/lose fat.  These principles are, of course, complete bullshit.  

The fact remains - calorie counting is useless.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=328439.375;topicseen

Ouch TA getting beat down here  :-\

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 02:54:12 PM »
i do not see how this is at odds with what adonis believes  ???

Adonis believes that in order to get ripped you must cut calories (Connelly disagrees).  Adonis also believes that as long as you consume .5 - 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, you could consume anything else you want and still lose fat gain muscle (Connelly disagrees).  

w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

I agree with that, I believe different foods do change your metabolic rate.  

Keeping that in mind, it's still a matter of eating less than you're body requires to maintain a given weight.
S

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 02:57:20 PM »
i saw this one coming
I dont like twinks.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 02:57:33 PM »
I feel sorry for these fat ladies that buy this expensive equipment and don't realize all they need to do is cut calories.  :(

Fat ladies have been cutting calories for decades.  Has it worked?  Obesity is at an all-time high.  The fact is, most people fail at their calorie cutting diets and end up worse of than they were.  In their futile attempt to reduce calories, all they manage to do is slow down their metabolism.  Eventually, when they cant's stick to their diets any longer, and begin to eat again, they rebound, gain their fat back and then some.  It's a vicious cycle.
w

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »
We just had a presentation at my graduate seminar today on how the main factor in fat loss is caloric intake, specifically the amount of fat intake, but that lowering it to levels sufficient to lose lots of fat may be infeasible.  The secondary factors were total daily caloric intake and energy balance prior to your workout.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »
We just had a presentation at my graduate seminar today on how the main factor in fat loss is caloric intake, specifically the amount of fat intake, but that lowering it to levels sufficient to lose lots of fat may be infeasible.  The secondary factors were total daily caloric intake and energy balance prior to your workout.

Most experts are stuck in the calories in calories out theory.  However, they are wrong.  Two studies will be published in the next year that will turn this on its head.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »
battered chicken = proof there is a god