Author Topic: Georgia's President blames the West.  (Read 1175 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Georgia's President blames the West.
« on: August 13, 2008, 07:43:42 AM »
Apparently he thought he'd get the fight started tuck tail and run and we'd jump in to the rescue.  I guess he's feeling a little snubbed. 

Georgia's President Mikhail Saakashvili said the Western response has been inadequate. "I feel that they are partly to blame,... Not only those who commit atrocities are responsible ... but so are those who fail to react."

ohhhhhh!!!  Did he just play the neocon's Neville Chamberlain Appeasement card on America :D  I think he did lol...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Georgia's President blames the West.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:54:46 AM »
oh come on, this is priceless... 8)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 08:46:09 AM »
That guy is a fool. Like the U.S. is going to start WWIII over his little country.  ::) I'm rooting for the Russians.  ;D
!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:09:03 AM »
That guy is a fool. Like the U.S. is going to start WWIII over his little country.  ::) I'm rooting for the Russians.  ;D
I'm rooting that the neocons will some day factor blowback into their idealistic plans of world domination.  I'm not "rooting" for the Russians, but I don't for a second think that all the blame is on them.  I see choices made over the last 8 years that have without a doubt contributed to the reality we're in now.  In the matter of these breakaway regions, especially with these Ossetians, after reading their history and of their long time allegiance to Russia, it's a no brainer.  As for the passport issuing, these are people who willingly agreed to fight with the Russians way back in the day and were highly recognized by Russia.  With this history and the wishes of the people, it's not like we're talking about a country being invaded and occupied.  This is where the Ossetian allegiance has been for a very long time so Russia does indeed have a valid interest in Ossetia.  Those people who were issued the passports were probably happy as shit to get them so in that area it's not exactly the same as the soviets rolling into an unwilling country and occupying them.  So with it being a longtime ambition and fight and what they want, for them on that issue I side with them.  If they didn't want it then it would be a different story.  They've had autonomy since the early 90's.  Their allegience to Russia is very old.  Georgia fucked up jumping in there to retake the place.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »

Good thing they don't have LOTS of oil.   :D 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »
Good thing they don't have LOTS of oil.   :D 
oh, the oil thing is actually a huge issue and why this could blow into WWIII if the Russians move to take over Georgia.  That will put major pipelines in their control.  The biggie here is the Russian's doctrine change on the use of tactical nuclear weapons.  They know they can't beat us in conventional warefar so they have adopted a policy of nuclear use in response to a conventional attack on their troops by America and they've "made it very clear".  Then we have a real shitstorm...  I'm really shocked at how low key/little talk is going on about this.  I bet behind the scenes we're treating this much more importantant than the public is right now. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 09:28:22 AM »
oh, the oil thing is actually a huge issue and why this could blow into WWIII if the Russians move to take over Georgia.  That will put major pipelines in their control.  The biggie here is the Russian's doctrine change on the use of tactical nuclear weapons.  They know they can't beat us in conventional warefar so they have adopted a policy of nuclear use in response to a conventional attack on their troops by America and they've "made it very clear".  Then we have a real shitstorm...  I'm really shocked at how low key/little talk is going on about this.  I bet behind the scenes we're treating this much more importantant than the public is right now. 
If the Russians were to take out the Georgian government and take control of the country, it would not create WWIII. Even if they invaded the Ukraine and a few other former Soviet Republics that would not happen. It would just resume the Cold War. The U.S. doesn't jump ugly with countries that have 5000+ nuclear warheads.

Personally, I'd like Russia to stir shit up because I speak russian and its good for my future career aspirations.  :D
!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 09:34:40 AM »
If the Russians were to take out the Georgian government and take control of the country, it would not create WWIII. Even if they invaded the Ukraine and a few other former Soviet Republics that would not happen. It would just resume the Cold War. The U.S. doesn't jump ugly with countries that have 5000+ nuclear warheads.

Personally, I'd like Russia to stir shit up because I speak russian and its good for my future career aspirations.  :D
you mean as a translator?  More likely you'll be mopping gitmo cells with your tongue :D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »

>:(

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 09:37:08 AM »
you mean as a translator?  More likely you'll be mopping gitmo cells with your tongue :D

;D

LMAO

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 09:42:20 AM »
;D

LMAO
I made a Funny, but scary at the same time.  If the shit hits the storm, they'll gather up all the people of Russian background just like they did with the middleastern people, just like they did with the Japanese.  Most will just get deported, but several would indeed probably be detained in secret.  At this level of conflict, friends family and acquaintances might also see some interrogations themselves.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 09:46:38 AM »

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 09:47:31 AM »
Perhaps that is what language skills would get you, but my options are a tad bit higher than that, "Hugo". ;)

I made a Funny, but scary at the same time.  If the shit hits the storm, they'll gather up all the people of Russian background just like they did with the middleastern people, just like they did with the Japanese.  Most will just get deported, but several would indeed probably be detained in secret.  At this level of conflict, friends family and acquaintances might also see some interrogations themselves.
Not a chance. Russians are white. Besides, that never happened during the 45+ years of the Cold War, so what makes you think it would happen now? Were you sleeping throughout your history classes in high school, young Hugo?  ::)
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 09:48:04 AM »
!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 09:51:36 AM »
Perhaps that is what language skills would get you, but my options are a tad bit higher than that, "Hugo". ;)
Not a chance. Russians are white. Besides, that never happened during the 45+ years of the Cold War, so what makes you think it would happen now? Were you sleeping throughout your history classes in high school, young Hugo?  ::)
relax, I wasn't busting on you.  I said if shit hits the storm, actually fighting war between Russia and America.  Yes, if that happens, they will do the roundups.  With their newfound total information awareness, hiding behind white isn't an option.  This is not something I say as good.  I think it would be totally wrong. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »

fairly extreme, I doubt it will be that bad.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 09:59:49 AM »
fairly extreme, I doubt it will be that bad.

Not sure why you would think that.  If we hit WWIII -- war with Russia/shit hits the fan, IMO they would indeed be rounding up a lot of Russians.  That wouldn't surpise me one bit.  I sure wouldn't count on it not happening.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 10:09:48 AM »
Not sure why you would think that.  If we hit WWIII -- war with Russia/shit hits the fan, IMO they would indeed be rounding up a lot of Russians.  That wouldn't surpise me one bit.  I sure wouldn't count on it not happening.

I'm not in disagreement with you here. just semantics.
for the illegals or recent immigrants, maybe, they might get rounded up. For regular citizens it would be a stupid move.
Can it happen? sure

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 01:02:21 PM »
I just know what I hear in the media, but that pipeline sounds very important to Russia and all countries have been affected by higher oil prices.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »
I'm not in disagreement with you here. just semantics.
for the illegals or recent immigrants, maybe, they might get rounded up. For regular citizens it would be a stupid move.
Can it happen? sure

oh no, you're right, my statement was very brief and it could play out many ways.  I believe they know who they would go get.  I think they're pretty proud of their little newly constructed total information awareness database.  I think their computer would spit out a list of names to be blackbagged and they would be the first to go.  How many, I don't know, but I don't think it would be a small number.  and maybe not even public, media control would be much more aggressive and some level of martial law could even be possible if we were having more large attacks here in a WWIII scenario.