Author Topic: Corruption in Spain regarding Santa Suzanna?  (Read 2960 times)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
Corruption in Spain regarding Santa Suzanna?
« on: September 30, 2007, 07:42:03 PM »
So how does Rosi Mena end up winning the 45 second routine round without performing the mandatory one arm push ups?

Was anyone here surprised she placed dead last at the Ms Fitness Olympia?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Corruption in Spain?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:05:11 PM »
Hmm, thanks Sioux...I did not know that. Are any of her routines vids online anywhere?

I myself have won a routine round while skipping a mandatory. I deliberatly left it out as it looked like ass when I did it, so I felt it was better to skip it. I think maybe trying to pick up on all the moves with all the girls the judges can be glossed over. It may be hard to analyze whether competitor A did 2 kicks with left leg, a pike hold, 2 one arms, 2 kicks with right leg, side split - left, straddle hold and on and on in only 45 secs.

I have no clue though, just throwing that out there ???

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:09:54 PM »
Hmm, thanks Sioux...I did not know that. Are any of her routines vids online anywhere?

Not that I am aware of.

I think her being Spanish had more to do with her winning in Spain then anything else.

I do feel sorry for her as now she'll always be associated with corruption.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:00:05 AM »

Wasn't the competitor's fault, but yeah, that was a very bad move by those officials who gave her that gift.

I'm sure she's a sweetheart, but being 'nice' doesn't warrant gift placings of that magnitude. 

kszep

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »
Heard through the grapevine that she wasn't the only one who left out mandatories and/or screwed up the order.  In fact, I heard that only 2 or 3 competitors actually did the mandatories in the right sequence.  Isn't that supposed to be 25% of your score?  Strange show indeed.  Sad that it caused some pretty good competitors to miss their "O" qualification.

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »
Heard through the grapevine that she wasn't the only one who left out mandatories and/or screwed up the order.  In fact, I heard that only 2 or 3 competitors actually did the mandatories in the right sequence.

I watched and videotaped the entire show.  Michael Elias watched the show with me and can verify the information posted below.  I am in no way attacking the contest, judging panel, or any individual judge's decision.  My intent is simply to provide a factual account of the Mandatory Routines performed in Spain.

Only 3 girls did all five mandatory moves and performed them in the proper order.  Here is a summary of the routines and the placings each competitor received for that round:

Myriam Capes -tied 2nd place -4 out of 5 required movements performed, proper order followed

Stephanie Worsfold  -tied 2nd place- all 5 required movements performed in the proper order

Vlasta Gruberova -5th place, 3 out of 5 required movements performed, not done in proper order

Sandra Wickham- 4th place -5 out of 5 required movements performed, in proper order

Rosi Mena - 1st place - 3 out of 5 required movements performed and not in the proper order

Kendra Elias - 6th  place- 5 out of 5 required movements performed, in proper order

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:05:39 PM »
I am in no way attacking the contest, judging panel, or any individual judge's decision.

I am.

Crap is crap. 

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Corruption in Spain regarding Santa Suzanna?
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 11:57:08 PM »

Clearly the US judges at the Olympia were disgusted by the European judges who judged. It is simple to see this.

Top three at the Santa Susanna

1. Rosi Mena
2. Myriam Capes
3. Stephanie Worsfold

Bottom three at the Fitness Olympia

17. Stephanie Worsfold
18. Mariam Capes
19. Rosi Mena

Rosi was dead last in Las Vegas.

So unless she was perfect in Spain and terrible in Las Vegas, something was up in Spain.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:06:41 AM »

Maybe she's sponsored by the Spanish equivalent of MuscleTech.

mjsbroda

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 06:45:27 PM »
Clearly the US judges at the Olympia were disgusted by the European judges who judged. It is simple to see this.

Top three at the Santa Susanna

1. Rosi Mena
2. Myriam Capes
3. Stephanie Worsfold

Bottom three at the Fitness Olympia

17. Stephanie Worsfold
18. Mariam Capes
19. Rosi Mena

Rosi was dead last in Las Vegas.

So unless she was perfect in Spain and terrible in Las Vegas, something was up in Spain.

Unfortunately, bad judging sometimes goes hand in hand with this sport.  In this case though, it was the worst I have seen in years. 

The fact the most of the competitors didn't even perform all the mandatory moves, didn't come in looking as good, and still beat out someone like Sandra Wickham is downright shocking - who let's face it not only had the best routine, she completed all the moves, in order, and was better conditioned than all of them.  Then the top 3 go to Vegas at the O and appear as the joke of the group (as has been mentioned in some other postings).

Perhaps once news of this gets around, more people will stop doing the Spain show, or maybe they will smarten up and get with it and judge accordingly to the rest of the world.