Author Topic: Lee Priest looking totally jacked!  (Read 22991 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
Re: Lee Priest looking totally jacked!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 04:23:08 AM »
Check out Lee

monster legs, monster biceps, monster lats! Even next to Jay and the motherless freak of nature Ruhl. That was Mr. O 2000. What did he weigh there? Didn't he weigh 225 in shape or something in the Another Blonde Myth DVD?

there is no chest (upper pecs are as bad as it can get genetically) and there is no wideness but its mainly the chest that is the exact reason dex can be top 2 and even win in vegas when ron retires  and priest cant.
fallen angel

LiL_KiWi

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 05:30:15 PM »
Lee is the man, OZ style, he just needs a haircut  ;D

jacshelb

• Getbig II
  • "guys in tank tops are assholes"
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 12:15:56 PM »
I've thought a lot about the height thing.  It is easier to be thick when you are short.  But, there are still ectomorphs who are short and and mesomorphs that are tall, just more of a rarity. 

Definately shorter folks have an advantage in the mechanics of lifting.  That's simple physics.  While that doesn't mean a tall guy should make excuses, there are things that need to be considered.  There are people who are built very different who would have very little stability when squatting.  My gf for example, has very long thigh bones, shorter calves and an extremely short torso for her height.  If you can imagine how that works, mechanically, it really gives her terrible stability problems when squatting.  One size does not fit all when it comes to training.  Though I believe everyone should do their best.

As far as whether Lee would be skinny if stretched, of course he would.  But, that is never going to happen.  I think what is being said is that given a certain amount of muscle fiber, it's going to look more thin when spaced out over a greater surface area.  Compared to Lee I'm a skinny sonofabitch.  I recently competed at about the same weight as him, but at 6'2".  But, even shrunk down, I don't think my arms would measure 21".  Lee definately has some great muscle mass, a great bodybuilder imo.

And, so many things go into the look of a person's physique: height, shoulder width, where the muscles attatch on the bone, muscle belly shape etc etc.  Not to mention the person's genetic abilities to digest sugar, protein etc. and utilize it only as they can. 

Jacob

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 01:01:26 PM »
like fo real he looks totally jacked yo... :D
carpe` vaginum!

txhulk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 08:10:34 PM »
lee for his is a great bb but his height gets him  :'(

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2006, 06:07:07 PM »

If Jay was 5'4" he'd have 31" arms, with legs to match..  Not a good way of lookin' at things..  Fact is, it's easier to get big with short limbs..

uh huh.... except that Lee's arms have a larger circumference than Jay's period...

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2006, 06:12:57 PM »
i dont know about now but in that picture i think so

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2006, 09:28:48 AM »
I totally agree with jacshelb on the heighth thing and mechanics of squating.I am only 5'11 but I have long legs and it is difficult to stay verticle when squating,without tipping forward...placing plates under my heels helps a little.I still go below parralell,but I can tell I tend to tip forward more than I would like...which puts a bigger strain on the lower back.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »

Ever see a midget that doesn't workout?  They are pretty buff and they usually have crazy calves. It's just a fact, shorter people can fill out easier than a taller person.  From the 15+ years I've been in bodybuilding, the height to be is between 5'9" - 5'11". anything more or less is too tall or too short..

I don't think midgets can be equated this way. They are genetically freaks and not normal physically.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 05:18:27 PM »

If Jay was 5'4" he'd have 31" arms, with legs to match..  Not a good way of lookin' at things..  Fact is, it's easier to get big with short limbs..

No he wouldn't. Exactly why is it easier to get big if you are short? Short people and tall people are proportionately the same muscularly and skeletally. Taller people are just bigger proportionately. Thats what makes Lee's arm so impressive. His arms are bigger than arms on much bigger men.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2006, 02:19:25 PM »

Ok... Then why is it so hard for really tall guys to fill out?  I'd like to see a guy 7' tall get on juice and train for 15 years then hop on a stage..   Won't ever happen..

If a guy was 7'  mesomorph he would. It just so happens that most real tall guys are ectomorphs.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2006, 02:20:53 PM »
there are still ectomorphs who are short and and mesomorphs that are tall, just more of a rarity. 

Jacob

Bingo!

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2006, 02:47:49 PM »

If a guy was 7'  mesomorph he would. It just so happens that most real tall guys are ectomorphs.

Out of all the poeple in the world, where is this guy you speak of? 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2006, 03:46:02 PM »

Out of all the poeple in the world, where is this guy you speak of? 

How many 7 footers have you ever met? They don't come around too often.

SaleenS7525T

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2006, 06:23:20 PM »
it's harder to fill out if you're tall because the same amount of muscle on a tall person does not go as far as on a shorter person. If a guy who's 5' 6'' gains 50 lbs. he has taken a much larger step toward being completely filled out than a 6' 2'' guy who gains 50 lbs.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 07:51:12 PM »
How many 7 footers have you ever met? They don't come around too often.

Seems like if it was just as easy for a 7 footer to get big as a 5 footer there would be at least one out there..

jacshelb

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »
You are totally right.  If it was just as easy, we'd actually see quite a few 6'8"-7' guys.  But, a lot of them are playing basketball which shows what they are built for.  There is one 7' + bodybuilder, though he is done competing and is now in pro wrestling.  Giant Singh, or Dalip.  He was the big guy from India in The Longest Yard.  Here's a couple pics.  They are small, but one is of him onstage as a bodybuilder.  He is said to be 7'1"-7'4" (I'm guessing the lower number) and weight varies between 375 and 400 or so reportedly.  Not really trying to say anything here, just cool that there is one, or has been one truly giant bodybuilder out there.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2006, 03:35:37 PM »
Just a thought, but is calorie consumption a limiting factor in tall guys gaining muscle? I mean, if a guy is 7 foot tall, how many calories must he eat just to stay alive?

I have a 14 year old son that is undergoing a growth spurt. He literally is eating me out of house and home :D He says that right after eating a big meal he still feels hungry. He absolutely is not getting fat. He is actually leaning out!

Of course, to be fair,  we all remember Andrei the Giant. Maybe not bodybuilder muscular, but one huge individual. His food intake must have been enormous.

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006, 10:12:15 PM »
Fact is besides all this crap about hieght lee is truly a freak it would be some kind of mircale if there were more then a hand full of guy that were lee's height and look that good and even guys taller then lee he "dwafs" alot of them pardon the pun. So all in all yer he might be short and easie to look bigger but lets face it he does it better then most my 2 cents.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

jacshelb

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2006, 01:51:10 PM »
Just a thought, but is calorie consumption a limiting factor in tall guys gaining muscle? I mean, if a guy is 7 foot tall, how many calories must he eat just to stay alive?

I have a 14 year old son that is undergoing a growth spurt. He literally is eating me out of house and home :D He says that right after eating a big meal he still feels hungry. He absolutely is not getting fat. He is actually leaning out!

Of course, to be fair,  we all remember Andrei the Giant. Maybe not bodybuilder muscular, but one huge individual. His food intake must have been enormous.

That seems to be the case, as far as eating goes.  It is said that taller people have higher metabolisms and that their hearts have to work harder.  I read up a bit on Dalip Singh- the dude I talked about above who now goes by the name "the great Khali" in the wwe.  He talked about what he ate, it was ridiculous, the amount!  True or false, the dude has to eat big.  When you weigh 400 lbs and are not fat, that takes a lot of energy/calories just to move around during the day!

Jacob

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2006, 01:53:29 PM »

I agree with that.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2006, 02:02:38 PM »
Anyone know what was Lee's heaviest contest weight?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2006, 02:35:47 PM »
Anyone know what was Lee's heaviest contest weight?

205-210

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2006, 04:39:10 PM »
I dunno about that. In "Another blonde Myth" he was much bigger than that. Weren't his legs bigger than now a couple of years ago?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2006, 04:44:10 PM »
From what I've seen, he comes in kinda soft if he's over 205..