Author Topic: Rant - People in the gym I can't stand  (Read 6149 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Rant - People in the gym I can't stand
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 03:40:58 PM »
I hate self-absorbed pricks that think they somehow should be given free run of a gym that everybody pays the same amount for.

This is why I shadow-box between my sets of upright rows in the squat rack.

Are you suggesting that the shadow boxing scares people off?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 03:41:54 PM »
Are you suggesting that the shadow boxing scares people off?

Of course not.

It impresses them.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 03:43:24 PM »
Of course not.

It impresses them.

I'll remember this when I feel he need to impress someone.  ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
Of course not.

It impresses them.
Nothing beats my shadow grappling in the gym.

I'm going to start a new trend... shadow house breaching... it's where I practice breaching houses with my pretend M16 and pretend squad mates.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 04:32:01 PM »
I train in the quiet times as I just like having the gym mostly to myself. It's my time to myself and I can focus better.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »
Idiots who insist on walking to the water fountain for a drink after each set, staring at themselves in the mirror the entire way there and back.    Always makes me crack a smile, as every gym has at least one of these idiots.   Oh, and if they do it while wearing a hoodie, idiot x 2 bonus points awarded!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »
That guy who jump ropes

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 05:24:09 PM »

I'm going to start a new trend... shadow house breaching... it's where I practice breaching houses with my pretend M16 and pretend squad mates.

;D

Knew a guy who would do basketball drills.  Not real ones but practiced shooting jump shots and dribbling.  Oh brother. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »

;D

Knew a guy who would do basketball drills.  Not real ones but practiced shooting jump shots and dribbling.  Oh brother. 
I got knocked out shadow boxing once.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »

;D

I should do baseball drills.  Not full swings, just bunting. 

oh, brother    :D
~

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »
Idiots who insist on walking to the water fountain for a drink after each set, staring at themselves in the mirror the entire way there and back.    Always makes me crack a smile, as every gym has at least one of these idiots.   Oh, and if they do it while wearing a hoodie, idiot x 2 bonus points awarded!

Almost as bad as the guy with the massive barrel of water. Are u gonna spontaneously dehydrate and die right in front of everybody?
L

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 06:29:52 PM »
The wood chopping movement guy, using the cable crossover machine. I hate that guy.
a

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: a rant
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 06:30:11 PM »
+1000
i dont knwo, brother.

i find gyms are good for social stuff,and motivational.

when i see ppl who are more jacked than me, this ignites very strong motivation.

childish i know ;D

n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »
Here are a few of mine. I train at home in my basement.

1. If you use 1500 pounds in the leg press for your 6 inch range of motion take the plates off when you're finish.

2. If you are doing 6 sets on a machine don't rest by sitting in the machine. Someone might want to work in.

3. Don't do your dumbbell work right in front of the rack. Another might want the get the dumbbells near you.

4. If you are doing your half range dumbbell shoulder presses and half rep incline dumbbell bench presses with dumbbells the size of a Buick don't throw the dumbbells when you're finished. You might want to think about using dumbbells that actually matches your true strength not your delusional one.

5. No, you cannot giant set 5 pieces of equipment when the gym is packed. Maybe never is a rule in a commercial gym.

6. Don't do curls in the squat rack.

7.  Stop slamming the weights to draw attention to yourself.

8. It's okay to wipe your sweat off a machine or a bench with a towel.

9. If you walk on a treadmill slower than you walked across the gym to get to the cardio room don't wonder why I'm laughing.

10. It's okay to use deodorant and even take a shower prior to working out. Part two is wash your damn gym clothes.

11. If I ask you for a spot in the bench that means stand close and I will ask for a spot if needed. Don't stand over me with your sweaty balls over my face.

12. If you shadow box with an Affliction or Tap Out shirt  in front of a girl working out please pretend you don't know me.

13. If you yell out Arnold with every rep pretend you don't know me.

14. Put your dumbbells away when you're finished in it's proper place.

15. Don't mean mug people in between sets.
great collection.

i always always do point 5 :D
n

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
i dont knwo, brother.

i find gyms are good for social stuff,and motivational.

when i see ppl who are more jacked than me, this ignites very strong motivation.

childish i know ;D

That would be motivational, however around me the only thing in the gym is fucking hippos, wannabe kids and geriatrics. I can get more motivated watching the dog take a nap.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2013, 06:56:42 PM »
That would be motivational, however around me the only thing in the gym is fucking hippos, wannabe kids and geriatrics. I can get more motivated watching the dog take a nap.
ah yeah i trained in a gym where there was mostly elderly and bloody newcomers, i felt like on different lanet, and had repeated urges to never step into a gym ever anymore.

but theres always a busy gym with motivated ppl, i find the motivational spirit of the gym populace has "infecting" effect.

they mustnt even be jacked or something, just motivated.

preferences,i know.

n

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2013, 09:13:02 PM »

The gym I go to has a lot of these folks who waste time walking to the water fountain. Guess they never thought of buying a water bottle they could carry around with them. Doesn't really bother me, but I do find it amusing

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »
I actually have a home gym-garage. Power rack, powerlifting bar with more plates than I need, and dumbbells up to a 100. When I was younger it was my sanctuary. Now I actually like going out to 24 hour fitness. I like watching other people lift and having them watch me lift too. Plus there are a lot of machines that are easier on my shoulders. I love the hammer strength stuff.  
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2013, 09:23:10 PM »
I actually have a home gym-garage. Power rack and dumbbells up to a 100. When I was younger it was my sanctuary. Now I actually like going out to 24 hour fitness. I like watching other people lift and having them watch me lift too. Plus there are a lot of machines that are easier on my shoulders. I love the hammer strength stuff. 

There is a lot of hammer strength equipment at the gym where I work out. I enjoy using them and the Nautilus machines. It is great to be able to mix things up and keep the routines fresh.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »

Bring a real flashbang just in case...

throw it whenever someone is curling in squat racking while yelling BREACHING BREACHING !!!
all drugs - TPPIIP

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »

3. Don't do your dumbbell work right in front of the rack. Another might want the get the dumbbells near you.

a few days ago i experienced this.. there was an old guy who is in his late 50s or 60s he takes the flat bench and places it in front of the dumbbell rack it fuckin pissed me off of course because i was doing shoulders and im the only one in my gym who trains heavy when i train they all look at me like im a fuckin pro or something so... and yesterday a guy saw me doing shoulder lateral raises with 25kgs each arm and he came to me he asked me if i was a wrestler because i have huge traps and shoulders and small waist i said no im doing a bodybuilding show soon and he was not impressed with my answer he looked at me like "u fuckin juicer".. oh i almost forgot there was a hot russian chick doing dumbbel pullovers this guy tried to give her advice because she trains "wrong" lol but she doesnt speak german so he couldnt start a conversation with her fuckin pathetic... i always take a shower after training and these gym people always stare at me in the changing room because im the only one who actually looks like he lifts lol

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »
a few days ago i experienced this.. there was an old guy who is in his late 50s or 60s he takes the flat bench and places it in front of the dumbbell rack it fuckin pissed me off of course because i was doing shoulders and im the only one in my gym who trains heavy when i train they all look at me like im a fuckin pro or something so... and yesterday a guy saw me doing shoulder lateral raises with 25kgs each arm and he came to me he asked me if i was a wrestler because i have huge traps and shoulders and small waist i said no im doing a bodybuilding show soon and he was not impressed with my answer he looked at me like "u fuckin juicer".. oh i almost forgot there was a hot russian chick doing dumbbel pullovers this guy tried to give her advice because she trains "wrong" lol but she doesnt speak german so he couldnt start a conversation with her fuckin pathetic... i always take a shower after training and these gym people always stare at me in the changing room because im the only one who actually looks like he lifts lol

You sound like a.........NATURAL BEAST

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »

I agree its not ideal but my gym gets packed. All the benches in front of the rack are taken sometimes. I also live in a ghetto area so you gotta own your space where ever it is and not give a fuck. I do my rows right in front of the rack but as soon as a single set is finished I back up so people can get through and get other dumbells.

A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2013, 10:17:43 PM »
I'm oblivious to those around me.  I go out of my way to display courtesy, but once I'm on my station, I could give a shit if they're ninja fighting or 69ing on the floor in front of me. 

I do my sets, with Netflix on the iphone between sets.    ;D

Yes, I'm the a-hole watching breaking bad season 2 between sets.  Totally that guy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2013, 10:23:09 PM »
I agree its not ideal but my gym gets packed. All the benches in front of the rack are taken sometimes. I also live in a ghetto area so you gotta own your space where ever it is and not give a fuck. I do my rows right in front of the rack but as soon as a single set is finished I back up so people can get through and get other dumbells.

Fortunately at my gym, there is always some room in front of the dumbbell racks to train and plenty of benches so some are always available when you want them. Also there are at least two pairs of each weight level, so this isn't a problem either.

Although there is nothing ghetto about the gym I belong to, sometimes, some people are inconsiderate. It is particularly annoying when a bunch of high school kids train together and crowd up one training area, not to mention hog the equipment. Still, there are hardly ever any confrontations at the gym. Most folks are pretty polite.