Author Topic: I would do something, not just run. Would you?  (Read 8368 times)

spinnis

I would do something, not just run. Would you?
« on: July 31, 2008, 07:00:14 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/07/31/greyhound-transcanada.html

passenger repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated another person aboard a Greyhound bus travelling through Manitoba overnight, a witness said Thursday.

Police officers were examining the Greyhound bus after a man repeatedly stabbed another passenger.Police officers were examining the Greyhound bus after a man repeatedly stabbed another passenger. (CBC)Police would not confirm the reports, only saying that a "major incident" took place around 9 p.m. Wednesday evening in the bus as it drove along the Trans-Canada Highway west of Portage la Prairie en route to Winnipeg from Edmonton.

The killing took place on the Trans-Canada about 18 kilometres west of Portage la Prairie, a city about 85 kilometres west of Winnipeg. A man is in police custody.

Passenger Garnet Caton told CBC News on Thursday that the attacker had been sitting beside the victim, who was sleeping with his headphones on.

Caton said he heard a "blood-curdling scream" and saw the man holding a large "Rambo" hunting knife above the victim, "continually stabbing him in the chest area," he said.

"He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.

About 37 panicked passengers and the bus driver fled the bus. "The whole time, the attacker was over top of the victim. He is continually cutting him. I think the victim was gone at that point," Caton said.

Caton said the attacker appeared "totally normal" earlier in the journey after boarding around Brandon, and chatted with a young lady as he smoked a cigarette during a break.

But when he got back on the bus, he moved his belongings from the front to a seat beside the victim in the back and about 20 minutes later began attacking the man, said Caton. "He didn't say anything to the victim at all," said Caton.

Once the bus pulled over and passengers fled, Caton, the driver and a trucker who stopped at the scene boarded the vehicle to see if the victim was still alive.

"When we came back on the bus, it was visible at the end of the bus he was cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up," said Caton.

The attacker ran at them, Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut as he tried to slash at the trio.

When the attacker began fiddling with buttons and trying to drive the bus, Caton says the driver disabled the vehicle.

"While we were watching the door, he calmly walks up to the front with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," said Caton.

Caton described the attacker as surprisingly calm. "It was like he was at the beach or something. There was no rage in him. He wasn't swearing or cursing or anything. It was just like he was a robot or something."

Police cruisers arrived about 10 minutes later, he estimates, and began directing passengers to school buses to take them to a hotel in Brandon. The attacker picked up the head.

"While we were waiting on the side of the road, he was taunting the police with the head in his hand," said Caton.

A six-year-old and other children were among the passengers who saw the gruesome incident unfold, said Caton.

"It was pretty traumatic," he said, adding that some passengers said they have been unable to sleep or eat since it happened.

A chaplain and crisis team were on hand to counsel passengers at the hotel, he said.

Officers were still at the scene early Thursday morning and brought portable search lights to examine the bus, the CBC's Sean Kavanagh reported. Traffic was being rerouted to a side road.

Abby Wambaugh, media relations spokeswoman for Greyhound Canada, said there were 37 passengers and a driver aboard the bus.

She would not comment on what happened on the bus.

"I don't want to compromise the investigation, so any details need to be confirmed by the police," she said.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: I would do something, not just run. Would you?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:06:03 AM »
Heil Swede, :D

most people would run and you only know when you are in a situation like this if you would too..

Seen this movie clip recently, pretty much the same but the guy was stabbing a girlfriend, camera was real good and he was chucking away at her, with the difference that it was on the pavement and there were 3 people who were hitting him and kicking him, the police came and gave him a might hit on the head.

She survived.

People life a long time when being decapitated, horrible way to go.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:08:08 AM »
with do something you mean videotaping it and put on youtube?
Z

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 07:08:19 AM »
just another reason not to live in Canada.
Deep Tissue Massage

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 07:08:39 AM »
Self Preservation is key.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 07:09:07 AM »
Heil Swede, I'm waiting for this to be posted at ogrish :D

Your life must be pretty dull. I seriously doubt he was still alive if he stabbed in the chest 50 times before the guy decided to cut his head off.

Is Ogrish your way of venting over the fact that your wife takes it up the ass from another man while you're at work?  ;D

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 07:11:13 AM »
Your life must be pretty dull. I seriously doubt he was still alive if he stabbed in the chest 50 times before the guy decided to cut his head off.

Is Ogrish your way of venting over the fact that your wife takes it up the ass from another man while you're at work?  ;D

whoa whoa slow down buddy.

who's to say "nico" also doesn't take it in the ass while he's at work?
Deep Tissue Massage

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 07:11:33 AM »
Did the headless passenger workout? What did he previously bench?
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 07:12:20 AM »
Pussies.

I would have used legal necessary force to stop the forcible felony being committed.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 07:12:48 AM »
Did the headless passenger workout? What did he previously bench?

I hope so. We also need to see his stack and pictures or else it didn't happen.
Deep Tissue Massage

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 07:13:06 AM »

Seen this movie clip recently,

:(
R

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 07:14:22 AM »

I thought that was common knowledge, my apologies. He does seem to be pretty infatuated with his coworkers lifestyles and choices. Perhaps he's worried about STDs?

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 07:18:30 AM »
Seen this movie clip recently, pretty much the same but the guy was stabbing a girlfriend, camera was real good and he was chucking away at her, with the difference that it was on the pavement and there were 3 people who were hitting him and kicking him, the police came and gave him a might hit on the head.

I saw that one too, Well Ive seena few of them.

But the one you are talking about.. A kick to the face would have ended it all, insted everyone just looked on, I dont get it..
That shit makes me angry as hell :)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 07:20:56 AM »
a lot of times it helps to strip down to your undies and do a most muscular while screaming WUAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

ive stopped many crimes from being commited doing this (and i've also been jailed myself quite a few times for indecent exposure)

Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »
Heil Swede, :D

most people would run and you only know when you are in a situation like this if you would too..

She survived.

Wasn't that in the Netherlands and people only started kicking him and trying to get him off her after they stared at him stabbing her for about 2 minutes. Yes, you Europeans are beacons of intelligence!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 07:26:38 AM »

excactly... I mean wtf, calm down folks it's not all black and white <--- racist#

Wasn't that in the Netherlands and people only started kicking him and trying to get him off her after they stared at him stabbing her for about 2 minutes. Yes, you Europeans are beacons of intelligence!

So running away while a maniac is decapitating a random guy with a Rambo knife is more intelligent?!? you're not that smart am I right?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 07:29:05 AM »
Do not go to sleep in a buss full of people you dont know. common fucking sense.

If a getbigger was next to that guy, he would have pretended to be asleep, then when the attacker made his move, he would disarm him with brute strength attained from years of benching 700lbs+raw then proceed to pummel the shit out the attacker and eat him for the protein supply.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 07:30:00 AM »
excactly... I mean wtf, calm down folks it's not all black and white <--- racist#

So running away while a maniac is decapitating a random guy with a Rambo knife is more intelligent?!? you're not that smart am I right?

Good job changing your post from being about our police (which has nothing to do with this thread). Secondly, I'm pretty sure this occurred in Canada. You know, the country above the USA?

It's funny that you're trying to justify it. The guy was sitting on top of his girlfriend on a street corner slashing her to pieces while a couple dozen people stood there and stared at him doing it without even lifting a finger to save her. It's only after someone ran up there after they walked upon him doing it that the rest of them decided they would help.

I think this is where you reference some completely inane point in an attempt to justify your crappy reasoning.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 07:30:47 AM »
btw, was the attacker a black man? ime just curious.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 07:31:34 AM »
I would never be on that bus in first place. They are shit and the train is always worth it.
I would certainly run if a guy started hacking off someone's head with a hunting knife. If it ain't my head, it ain't my problem.
O

spinnis

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 07:31:44 AM »
btw, was the attacker a black man? ime just curious.

Do you even have to ask? .....

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 07:34:19 AM »
i guess not.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »

;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 07:38:55 AM »
Good job changing your post from being about our police (which has nothing to do with this thread). Secondly, I'm pretty sure this occurred in Canada. You know, the country above the USA?

It's funny that you're trying to justify it. The guy was sitting on top of his girlfriend on a street corner slashing her to pieces while a couple dozen people stood there and stared at him doing it without even lifting a finger to save her. It's only after someone ran up there after they walked upon him doing it that the rest of them decided they would help.

I think this is where you reference some completely inane point in an attempt to justify your crappy reasoning.

Okay I explain it to you...

I wasn't reading your post to the end, and wanted to compliment the Swedish police, however when I read that you questioned peoples intelligence who "only" kick somebody who's stabbing his girlfiend and (as usual when we are talking about Europeans) completely forget that the people in the greyhound bus (in what ever Canada) simple ran away... that's when I questioned your intelligence.

And where the hell am I justifying him stabbing his gf? your stupid right? I mean you must be :D

Hope this helps.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 07:40:56 AM »
Okay I explain it to you...

I wasn't reading your post to the end, and wanted to compliment the Swedish police, however when I read that you questioned peoples intelligence who "only" kick somebody who's stabbing his girlfiend and (as usual when we are talking about Europeans) completely forget that the people in the greyhound bus simple ran away... that's when I questioned your intelligence.

Hope this helps.

There's a slight difference between a guy slashing wildly with a rambo knife and a guy sitting on top of his girlfriend slashing her in the face with a 4 inch blade. He wasn't even paying attention to his surroundings, as evidenced by the fact he was stabbing her repeatedly in broad daylight on a busy street corner. But hey, a guy standing up swinging a 12 inch blade wildly and a guy on his hands and knees stabbing someone in the face are exactly identical.

Funny thing is that even after they started kicking him (2-3 minutes after they stared at him doing it) he didn't even flinch and kept trying to stab her. Yes, identical situations.