Author Topic: Giancarlo Stanton traded to the NY Yankees  (Read 7605 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Giancarlo Stanton traded to the NY Yankees
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »
A couple hours ago the Yankees traded Chase Headley to the San Diego Padres
GOOD RIDDANCE KEEP FRAZIER...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »
GOOD RIDDANCE KEEP FRAZIER...

Only if cheap and one year deal.

Andujar could be a stud bat, has a great arm, and is athletic.   Just need his glove to be more steady, which can happen.
Y

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »
NY Yankees radio broadcaster John Sterling said that it's going to be fun doing the radio broadcast this year

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 03:31:19 PM »
NY Yankees radio broadcaster John Sterling said that it's going to be fun doing the radio broadcast this year
Sterling can be a tough listen but the homerun calls are fun.

possible giancarlo hr calls, using sterling's inflection

"stanton, plants one"

"its a gian bomb"

"giancarlo hits one far-o"

:-\

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »
godmorrow

I'm ghey

stay ositive

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
More big names being thrown around at the Winter Meetings. Yanks in talks with Tigers about Michael Fulmer and also Orioles about Manny Machado. Same prospects involved, so they wouldn't be able to pull off both.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »
More big names being thrown around at the Winter Meetings. Yanks in talks with Tigers about Michael Fulmer and also Orioles about Manny Machado. Same prospects involved, so they wouldn't be able to pull off both.

Couple things.....the Yankees do have the prospects to get both, but I don't think they're going to willing to part with those like Torres / Florial.

Also, they wouldn't part with anything of value to get one year of Machado.   In addition, Machado will likely command 20M in Arbitration, which would severely limit what the Yankees can spend on pitching while staying under the luxury tax cap.

I think the Machado thing is just the Yankees kicking the tires on everything like they normally do, or just them getting linked to everything like they normally do too.

Fulmer, on the other hand, makes total sense for NY, but I don't know what they'd give up.  I think Torres, as stated, is untouchable, but a package around Fraizer could happen.   I hope they hold onto Sheffield - Law just called him the best lefty in the minors.
Y

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
Only if cheap and one year deal.

Andujar could be a stud bat, has a great arm, and is athletic.   Just need his glove to be more steady, which can happen.

Frazier wants multi-year deal

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2017, 11:50:23 AM »
Frazier wants multi-year deal

That's what he says, but he also really wants to be a Yankee.

A bunch of other teams are interested.  He's a good fit for us (good defense, possible Bird backup), but it probably won't work.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2017, 12:50:18 PM »
That's what he says, but he also really wants to be a Yankee.

A bunch of other teams are interested.  He's a good fit for us (good defense, possible Bird backup), but it probably won't work.
he's great clubhouse guy and power bat win/win

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »
he's great clubhouse guy and power bat win/win

I like the clubhouse part and defense best.  Not really enamored with his offense - would rather have high OBP guy to compliment the ridiculous power they already have.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
Manny Machado apparently wants to play shorstop now going forward.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2017, 02:14:38 PM »
Manny Machado apparently wants to play shorstop now going forward.

Any contenders need an SS?
Y

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
Any contenders need an SS?
Grape, what do you think of getting rid of Girardi for Boone? Was Girardi's departure due mainly to a clash with Cashman and the front office?

Do you think they picked Boone because he will be a yes man?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2017, 02:29:35 PM »
Grape, what do you think of getting rid of Girardi for Boone? Was Girardi's departure due mainly to a clash with Cashman and the front office?

would've loved to have seen Billy Martin (RIP) return as Yankees skipper for a 6th time.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »

I will respond to this too.

Micheal Kay on the YES Network said that Girardi was not loved by the players... respected, but not loved. And he wasn't relaxed enough, and the young players didn't perform well when Girardi was tense

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2017, 05:06:27 PM »
Couple things.....the Yankees do have the prospects to get both, but I don't think they're going to willing to part with those like Torres / Florial.

Also, they wouldn't part with anything of value to get one year of Machado.   In addition, Machado will likely command 20M in Arbitration, which would severely limit what the Yankees can spend on pitching while staying under the luxury tax cap.

I think the Machado thing is just the Yankees kicking the tires on everything like they normally do, or just them getting linked to everything like they normally do too.

Fulmer, on the other hand, makes total sense for NY, but I don't know what they'd give up.  I think Torres, as stated, is untouchable, but a package around Fraizer could happen.   I hope they hold onto Sheffield - Law just called him the best lefty in the minors.

If I were Cashman, I would go balls-to-the-wall after Fulmer and - to a lesser extent - Gerrit Cole of the Pirates. Two of the Yankees highly-touted prospects can most like garner either or in a trade. Machado is not a need at this time; they can resign Todd Frazier for a year to play third base. And if Machado wants to play SS, he's not a good fit in NY.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2017, 05:21:40 PM »
I will respond to this too.

Micheal Kay on the YES Network said that Girardi was not loved by the players... respected, but not loved. And he wasn't relaxed enough, and the young players didn't perform well when Girardi was tense

The players are pussies.  To me, Girardi has been the best manager in baseball the past few years. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »
The players are pussies.  To me, Girardi has been the best manager in baseball the past few years. 

Guess you didn't follow his in game management that closely.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2017, 05:24:41 PM »
If I were Cashman, I would go balls-to-the-wall after Fulmer and - to a lesser extent - Gerrit Cole of the Pirates. Two of the Yankees highly-touted prospects can most like garner either or in a trade. Machado is not a need at this time; they can resign Todd Frazier for a year to play third base. And if Machado wants to play SS, he's not a good fit in NY.

Yes, but I'm less high on Cole.  Fullmer's the move that makes the most sense, provided they don't give up Torres or Florial.  If not, the roll the dice with Sheffield maybe and wait for the trade deadline to see what's available.

Andujar can play third if they don't sign Frazier.

Machado doesn't makes sense, given what I said about needing to stay under the luxury tax cap, and his predicted arb #'s.  Then again, if the Yankees feel they can get him for prospects they deem expendable, you never know.

Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2017, 05:24:45 PM »
Guess you didn't follow his in game management that closely.

The Yankees have overachieved every year since he's been the skipper.  He was hamstrung with shitty contracts
to aging if not washed up players.  He is obviously an alpha male with a very large brajole'.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »
The Yankees have overachieved every year since he's been the skipper.  He was hamstrung with shitty contracts
to aging if not washed up players.  He is obviously an alpha male with a very large brajole'.

They underperformed their Pythagorean record this year by like 10 games.

Girardi's bullpen management / giving player's rest etc, was suspect at best, horrid when at its worst.   His often struggled with being able to adapt to situations in real time, a victim of his own meticulous planning.  His goof in the ALDS was inexcusable, but icing on the cake.

Like Torre, he started off well and had a decent run, but it was time to go.   Yankees have too much opportunity now to have it impaired by his shortcomings.
Y

chess315

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2017, 06:29:22 PM »

Girardi's bullpen management / giving player's rest etc, was suspect at best, horrid when at its worst.   His often struggled with being able to adapt to situations in real time, a victim of his own meticulous planning.  His goof in the ALDS was inexcusable, but icing on the cake.

Like Torre, he started off well and had a decent run, but it was time to go.   Yankees have too much opportunity now to have it impaired by his shortcomings.

I just don't see it all paining out for them

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2017, 07:45:54 PM »
I just don't see it all paining out for them

Based on?
Y

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2017, 01:00:36 AM »

Plus Girardi changed the batting order every friggin game. That had to be difficult for the young players.

And yes, Gary Sanchez was livid with that situation in the ALDS... and the next game the fans were chanting "Joe Must Go"