Author Topic: Does aerobic training interfere with resistance training?  (Read 605 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Does aerobic training interfere with resistance training?
« on: November 11, 2010, 09:48:17 AM »
I think not, since they use different energy pathways, and resistance training also plays a much bigger toll on the body, and the body and the muscles can't recover as quickly from a weight training session as they can from an aerobic session. Discuss.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Re: Does aerobic training interfere with resistance training?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
The 2 can't exist in the same time/space.
U

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:49:43 AM »
I think not, since they use different energy pathways, and resistance training also plays a much bigger toll on the body, and the body and the muscles can't recover as quickly from a weight training session as they can from an aerobic session. Discuss.

yes, aeroribic training can effect resistance training negatively as they send opposite signlas to the muscles,, but baseline fitness which means abit of aerobic training ,,  is important for bodybuilding and general health,,

too much cardio is bad for bodybuilding,, little is good,,

it also depend on your goals and prioritizes

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 07:13:32 AM »
Ok, so lets say that one wants to achieve an elite level of fitness, what would be your recomendations? And on a side note, HIIT or Tabata training are nearly as stressful on the body as a heavy weight training session is, at least that has been my experience. I've seem some folks recomending performing HIIT/Tabata up to 4 or 5 times a week :-0