Author Topic: Hunter Trampled To Death By African Elephant He Was Hoping To Kill  (Read 8329 times)

DanM

• Getbig III
Re: Hunter Trampled To Death By African Elephant He Was Hoping To Kill
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 02:09:07 AM »
There's no honor in shooting an animal from a distance with a large caliber rifle that you have no intentions of eating. This is karma at its finest.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2015, 03:02:27 AM »
I've got nothing against guys hunting for food, as part of a necessary cull or for other legitimate reasons, but to hunt for "sport" is just dumb.

If these guys want to kill things, than why not go join Kurdish forces to fight ISIS? But obviously, shooting a harmless animal is easier than shooting men who will shoot back.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2015, 03:33:48 AM »
If a man is insecure, and desperate to demonstrate how manly he is, say like Branch Warren, then instead of torturing animals to death, go to syria or Iray and fight IS: yeah, but that's a bit too manly for them, because those guys shoot back and burn you alive if the capture you....

So these guys take out their insecurity and frustrations on animals. Sadistic perverts. Same category as pedophiles

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2015, 04:35:56 AM »
All hunters are either rednecks or poachers of peace.

On that note.......what about fishing? Isn't catching a fish and mounting it on your wall, the same thing?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2015, 06:05:41 AM »
I've never understood the taboo of cannibalism.  It's not as if everyone isn't used as a means to someone else's end while alive in this human centipede of civilization.  Even if it weren't a Godless universe, is the consumption of dead human flesh really the darkest sin going on out there?  What's the difference what happens to a corpse?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 11:33:11 AM »
Haha

A professional game hunter has been trampled to death by an elephant he was attempting to kill.

Ian Gibson was leading a hunt in Chewore North in the lower Zambezi Valley of Zimbabwe, when the bull elephant “began a full charge. ”

In an online note on the website of his employers Safari Classics, the company explained Gibson had been tracking the elephant for five hours with a client when they stopped for a rest.

It adds: “Feeling he was quite close to the elephant, Ian and his tracker Robert continued to follow the tracks in hopes of getting a look at the ivory as the client stayed with the game scout.”

Gibson’s tracker indicated the elephant was in “musth” – a condition where the animal’s urge to mate goes into overdrive and it becomes overly aggressive, but Gibson continued.

The note continues: “They eventually caught up with the bull, spotting him at about 50-100 metres. The bull instantly turned and began a full charge.

“Ian and Robert began shouting in order to stop the charge. At very close range, Ian was able to get off one shot before the bull killed him. The scene was very graphic.”

It is not known if the animal was injured or killed in the incident.

Gibson is paid tribute to as “a fine man and one of the most experienced professional hunters on the African continent.”

The same company lost a staff member in 2012 when Owain Lewis was killed by a buffalo, NewZimbabwe reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_7085374.html
   i'm agaINST ELEPHANTS KILLING PEOPLE FOR SPORT, BUT AS LONG AS THEy EAT THE MEAT I HAVE NO OBJECTIONS....
F

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 12:13:13 PM »
I have nothing against hunting but somethings should be left alone like the dwindling population of elephants. Elephants are way smarter than dogs and are very social toward their own. Some would argue if it wasn't for rich hunters paying crazy amounts of money to hunt elephants the locals would have no incentive to conserve them. They would be mowing them down with their fully auto AK-47's for money from outsiders.

Where I live in NJ deer are everywhere. I have no problem with a guy enjoying a hunting trip shooting one then having the meat cut up.  In NJ we also have a growing populations of bears and newly installed hunting license for them. I just can't shoot a bear because they were nearly extinct in NJ at one point. I also know very few people who eat bear meat. It's basically shoot a 500lb plus bear and carve the skin off.  There is no thrill like being in the densely populated NJ and driving to northern NJ seeing a bear walk by in the woods. It makes the heart beat knowing despite all man has done against nature it still strives. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 01:34:55 PM »
Fuck with the bull elephant, you get the horns tusks.

elephant 1, hunter 0.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »
   i'm agaINST ELEPHANTS KILLING PEOPLE FOR SPORT, BUT AS LONG AS THEy EAT THE MEAT I HAVE NO OBJECTIONS....

lmao

People think just because the human has a gun it's an automatic win for the human and it's not.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »
Remember this video? It was posted here a couple years ago. This guy got kicked by an Elephant; and then tossed around like a rag-doll. I think that that the soccer kick killed him. He looked lifeless after that.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 05:40:50 PM »

i bet it taste rank :-X

always good to see the animal getting its own back. but these 'hunts', help pay for the rangers to protect other more endangered animals.

personally, i couldn't live with myself if i shot and killed for fun an animal as intelligent as an elephant.... or a dolphin!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2015, 09:01:57 PM »
....these 'hunts', help pay for the rangers to protect other more endangered animals.

This comment warrants further explanation.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 01:58:57 AM »
Remember this video? It was posted here a couple years ago. This guy got kicked by an Elephant; and then tossed around like a rag-doll. I think that that the soccer kick killed him. He looked lifeless after that.

Sub human dumbass mother fuckers.