Author Topic: nikolai volkoff, wrestler  (Read 4868 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
nikolai volkoff, wrestler
« on: June 02, 2006, 05:59:29 PM »
is running for state senator in maryland as a republican.  Volkoff defected from the former Yugoslavia in the late ’60s as a teenager to escape Communist rule. He’s taking a break from his campaigning this weekend to return to his former hometown of Split, Croatia, for the first time since his defection. His Soviet-sympathizer character, which he created in 1974—he was born Josip Nikolai Peruzovic; Volkoff is his mother’s maiden name—won a World Wrestling Federation (WWF) tag-team championship and earned top billing at the first Wrestlemania in 1985. He was named to the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame last year; Volkoff’s standard pre-match routine included singing the Soviet national anthem, then crowing “America!” with apparent disgust and spitting. But, he says, that spit always landed on the canvas, never on a flag. he says the Iron Shiek will be in maryland to campaign with him.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: nikolai volkoff, wrestler
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 06:06:25 PM »

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 06:09:57 PM »
Wow.  He's not going to get very many votes taking the Sheik with him.  Sheik has lost his FUCKING MIND!!!!!!!

Ron Paul 2012

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 06:11:45 PM »
I'd rather vote for Nikita!   :D

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 06:15:09 PM »
i remember him back in the late 70,s watching wrestling on saturday nights,he was nuts but in a good way i guess
R

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 06:23:49 PM »
Wow.  He's not going to get very many votes taking the Sheik with him.  Sheik has lost his FUCKING MIND!!!!!!!

wow... he is nuts 

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 09:20:14 PM »

I wonder why? ;D

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »

What about Boris?
Motherboy (the band).

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 01:10:18 AM »

Would you do him?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 01:15:57 AM »
he was scary strong. He was the only guy i ever saw press Hogan above his head, but he did it with sheer ease! He just held him there as if he was saying to the crowd "look at your champion now" and just threw him to one side after a few seconds. Ofcourse when Hogan Hulked up he didnt have a chance  ;D
Scouser on Tour

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 02:38:45 AM »

the iron sheik isnt acting in this interview...he's really mentally ill.  i wonder what
Flyin' Brian did to piss him off so bad?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 04:13:51 AM »

Having watched American politics for a while now, this probably won't hurt him too much, and, may, in fact, help him. God knows, you elected George W. twice now and a few years back elected a dead man (Tennessee?), only then to elect his widow. Go on, vote him in, its the American way, and I would love to see him debating a bill using a folding chair.

/an always bemused Canadian

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 04:55:29 AM »
Iron Sheik will put you in the camel clutch, fcuk you in the ass and make you hum-bel!  :o ;D
Ron Paul 2012

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 05:39:13 AM »
Iron Sheik will put you in the camel clutch, fcuk you in the ass and make you hum-bel!  :o ;D
yeah, but he said it like 8 times    :o

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 06:56:26 AM »
I always liked the  Russian Bear, Ivan Koloff.  Look at those blade marks!!
white belt for life

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 07:13:44 AM »
Having watched American politics for a while now, this probably won't hurt him too much, and, may, in fact, help him. God knows, you elected George W. twice now and a few years back elected a dead man (Tennessee?), only then to elect his widow. Go on, vote him in, its the American way, and I would love to see him debating a bill using a folding chair.

Yeah, he would be great for our political scene. But lets not give Canada a pass on making us laugh either. IIRC, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog got Quebec all tied up in knots with some choice words:

So you're French and Canadian, yes?" Triumph asked a passer-by in a Continental accent. "You're obnoxious and dull."

And of a third, rather plump, man the puppet asked: "Are you a separatist? Maybe you should try separating yourself from doughnuts first."

Its funny, but your house of Commons had a cow.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/16/arts/television/16OBRI.html?ex=1392354000&en=898ade44913ee35e&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND

I do a lot of business in Ontario and Quebec. It ain't exactly a loving relationship up there between provinces!

An equally bemused Yank.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 07:39:55 AM »
Would you do him?

Nikita and Krusher Kruschev too!  :D

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 08:36:05 AM »
Nikoli use to (& may still) live on a farm outside of Baltimore. The first time I went there to pick him up for a match, he was outside stacking hay. He had the door of the loft opened, it was easily 15-17ft off the ground. He had on gloves & was grabbing the bales of hay,1 in each hand & throwing them 1 at a time thru the door like they were nothing singing at the top of his lungs,"She wore an itsey-bitsey yellow polka-dot bikini". I swear to God this story is true. The man was freaky strong. Absolutely one of this nicest humblest man you could ever meet. Had something like a 63in chest,no sh*t.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 09:21:55 AM »
not bashing but he dresses like a country farmer...some farmers are very wise

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »
is running for state senator in maryland as a republican.  Volkoff defected from the former Yugoslavia in the late ’60s as a teenager to escape Communist rule. He’s taking a break from his campaigning this weekend to return to his former hometown of Split, Croatia, for the first time since his defection. His Soviet-sympathizer character, which he created in 1974—he was born Josip Nikolai Peruzovic; Volkoff is his mother’s maiden name—won a World Wrestling Federation (WWF) tag-team championship and earned top billing at the first Wrestlemania in 1985. He was named to the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame last year; Volkoff’s standard pre-match routine included singing the Soviet national anthem, then crowing “America!” with apparent disgust and spitting. But, he says, that spit always landed on the canvas, never on a flag. he says the Iron Shiek will be in maryland to campaign with him.

The Iron Sheik is a homo. In the early 80's at Mike Katz gym in Hamden he was always trying hit on young guys.
The House that Ruth built

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 10:41:03 AM »
no wonder he mentioned taking it up the back so often   lol

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 11:39:21 AM »

actually we didn't vote George W. in the first time....people always forget this!!!
he lost the popular vote....the majority of americans did NOT vote for bush. 
milk milk lemonade a

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 06:39:51 PM »

You may be right about it actually helping him. Howard Dean's WWE-style promo a few years ago where he let out the high-pitched "yeeaahhh!!!" actually endeared him to me somewhat. I'm very much a capitalist / fiscal conservative, social neo-con / libertarian, and all around anti-liberal... But I may have actually toyed (at least briefly) with the idea of voting for Dean if he had beaten Kerry and gone against Bush, for no other reason than the fact that he is not above making a clown out of himself to get his point across. I voted for Bush in the last two elections for the same reason many others did - more as a way of voting AGAINST Gore and Kerry, rather than actually FOR Bush.
Greed is good!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2006, 06:58:06 PM »
i voted for al sharpton in the dem primary