Author Topic: Stimulus  (Read 1243 times)

POB

• Getbig IV
Stimulus
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »
Anyone one else think if there's another stimulus it should be paid to the tax payer, lets 1k cash for every 10k you paid tax on. So someone that paid tax on 100k would get a check for 10k, someone that paid tax on 30k would get a check for 3k and so on. I mean all the guys at the top got their checks, I know if I got a check I would put more than half in the economy. Thoughts?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Stimulus
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:03:45 PM »
That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Paying taxpayers a stimulus with their own money?

Why not just cut taxes Einstein?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
Cutting taxes that hit the poor is a good way to stimulate the economy.   Cutting taxes on the upper middle class isn't as good because , like you said, they will save a big portion of that money instead of spending all of it like a poor person most likely would.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
Cutting taxes that hit the poor is a good way to stimulate the economy.   Cutting taxes on the upper middle class isn't as good because , like you said, they will save a big portion of that money instead of spending all of it like a poor person most likely would.

English please.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 08:14:07 PM »
i am piggy backing on your two posts.

first, good idea to get more money in the hands of consumers by POB.

second, good idea from you to just cut taxes in order to accomplish that instead of taxing and then giving back.

third, adding my own point (with an appeal to POB's comment about putting "half" of the money the government gave him back into the economy), that cutting taxes for the poor is better for the economy than cutting taxes for the middle and upper class because the poor will spend that money while the middle and upper class will save some of it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
Didn't Bush do something like that?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »
Didn't Bush do something like that?
yeah he sent out like a 300? dollar check to every american who earned more than $3,000 the previous year.  they may have been a cap on the upper end of the income qualification for that check, i dont remember.  i feel it was a horrible decision to put the $3,000 dollar minimum earnings qualification on that. someone who earned less than that is almost certainly going to go out and spend that $300 during the few days after recieving it.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »
That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Paying taxpayers a stimulus with their own money?

Why not just cut taxes Einstein?

That's the dumbest comment I've ever heard.

Because people who only pay half of the taxes they should(cash business) would get a smaller check,rather than save more on the taxes they are already cheating on,Einstein... Do I need to write slower for you to understand?