Author Topic: Suze Orman? is she legit?  (Read 8720 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: Suze Orman? is she legit?
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 11:39:50 AM »
I had a business credit card.  I had about 11k balance on it.  With the next payout, I paid the entire balance off.  As soon as i did, they sent me a letter saying my account was cancelled and thanks for the payment.  I had it opened for about a year, and never missed a payment, and the balance never went over about 2k, except for that last month where i needed to buy a larger qty of materials.  This was past december.

So i had to open a new one.  I opened AmEx.  They gave me $5,000, then reduced it to $1,500 before i even made a single purchase!

Either way, i don't owe shit on either, and these days unless customers pay me at least 50% in advance, i won't even take on the job.  I can always hire/fire help as i please these days, so it doesn't bother me.

Same thing that I just described.  I used it for business stuff.  Was happy with Chase...now, fuck 'em.

I had an Amex Card about 3 yrs ago....forgot I had it...6 mos later I got a letter form them stating they were closing it.  No explanation, nothing.  I recebtly tried to get another one because of all the shopping I do with Costco...nope, they denied me.  Again, fuck 'em

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Suze Orman? is she legit?
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 11:42:25 AM »
I had a business credit card.  I had about 11k balance on it.  With the next payout, I paid the entire balance off.  As soon as i did, they sent me a letter saying my account was cancelled and thanks for the payment.  I had it opened for about a year, and never missed a payment, and the balance never went over about 2k, except for that last month where i needed to buy a larger qty of materials.  This was past december.

So i had to open a new one.  I opened AmEx.  They gave me $5,000, then reduced it to $1,500 before i even made a single purchase!

Either way, i don't owe shit on either, and these days unless customers pay me at least 50% in advance, i won't even take on the job.  I can always hire/fire help as i please these days, so it doesn't bother me.

Same here.  I had a card that started at $1500 in 2000, I got a job as a consultant which required me to travel everywhere, so lots of plane tickets, hotels, food, car rentals etc... They slowly increased it and by 2005 it was at $25000.  I probably charged a few hundred thousand over the years but always paid in full by end of month.  Then out of the blue last year they dropped it to $7500 and raised my rate from 9% to 25%.  I called them and they basically told me to deal with it or cancel, so I cancelled.  Fuck them.  This was with Citibank.

the shitty part is now when I go on long trips I have to use two cards because hotel costs rack up fast.