Author Topic: Protein Powders - What are you using  (Read 28205 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Protein Powders - What are you using
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:59 AM »
VPX-STRAWBERRY

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2013, 10:08:02 AM »
i was ordering the smart powders bulk 10lbs chocolate protein up until now, just plunged and ordered 25lbs of 'canadianprotein.com' protein. Should last me some time. ORdered chocolate flavour heard amazing things about them. Also ordered samples.

Smart powders was a staple for me, but when they jacked their prices I went elsewhere.  70 bux for 10 pounds isn't atrocious, but they fuck you with shipping and don't offer any shipping incentives even if you buy a couple hundred dollars worth.  I switched to American Pure Whey as it was by far the best deal on the planet.  20 pounds for 115 bux.  They had some bad reviews at one point, but as far as I'm concerned they corrected whatever ailed them.  My most recent purchase was from  True Protein.  Got 20 pounds for 130 bux shipped.  Orded chocolate and it was supposed to be sweetened with stevia.  I believe they forgot the stevia as it tastes like my shaker bottle filled with water after drinking a protein shake out of it.  I'll probably be going back to American Pure Whey.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2013, 11:26:02 AM »
Smart powders was a staple for me, but when they jacked their prices I went elsewhere.  70 bux for 10 pounds isn't atrocious, but they fuck you with shipping and don't offer any shipping incentives even if you buy a couple hundred dollars worth.  I switched to American Pure Whey as it was by far the best deal on the planet.  20 pounds for 115 bux.  They had some bad reviews at one point, but as far as I'm concerned they corrected whatever ailed them.  My most recent purchase was from  True Protein.  Got 20 pounds for 130 bux shipped.  Orded chocolate and it was supposed to be sweetened with stevia.  I believe they forgot the stevia as it tastes like my shaker bottle filled with water after drinking a protein shake out of it.  I'll probably be going back to American Pure Whey.

It's usually a good idea to order extra heavy flavoring from True Protein, particularly if you order either the whole egg and/or beef blend, both of which tend to be naturally salty. My last order contained both of those and tastes fine.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 07:23:23 AM »

It's usually a good idea to order extra heavy flavoring from True Protein, particularly if you order either the whole egg and/or beef blend, both of which tend to be naturally salty. My last order contained both of those and tastes fine.

Thanks for the tip.  Mine was the cheap WPC blend.  If I ever venture back there, I'll make sure to go as heavy on sweetener as possible.  Like smartpowders, they too really bend you over with shipping.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:13 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  Mine was the cheap WPC blend.  If I ever venture back there, I'll make sure to go as heavy on sweetener as possible.  Like smartpowders, they too really bend you over with shipping.

Yeah, they ought to rename "shipping" to "grab your ankles and start walking backwards."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »
Right now, I got two steals via GNC.

Dymatize Elite Gourmet (Whey and Casein), 5 lb - $25 ($20 w/Gold Card).

GNC Soy Protein 95, 4 lb $25 ($20 w/Gold Card).

And, although it's not powder, I picked up two steals from Vitamin Shoppe, RTD-style

12-pack ABB Max Recovery, $21

ANSI Ultimate Flurry Hi-Protein (40 grams), 15-oz cans - $1.23 each. I've bought about six of these, so far.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »
Right now, I got two steals via GNC.

Dymatize Elite Gourmet (Whey and Casein), 5 lb - $25 ($20 w/Gold Card).

GNC Soy Protein 95, 4 lb $25 ($20 w/Gold Card).

And, although it's not powder, I picked up two steals from Vitamin Shoppe, RTD-style

12-pack ABB Max Recovery, $21

ANSI Ultimate Flurry Hi-Protein (40 grams), 15-oz cans - $1.23 each. I've bought about six of these, so far.

Dymatize has me shitting like a animal and usuing scotty tissue like no tommorow!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 03:41:21 PM »
I'm back on Kaizen Naturals with little ON Whey thrown in for flavor.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »
Dymatize has me shitting like a animal and usuing scotty tissue like no tommorow!

You'd better switch to Bounty, brother.
You need a quilted, quicker picker-upper!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2013, 06:15:30 PM »
Nutrex Muscle Infusion Black, chocolate flavored. Very good.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »

You'd better switch to Bounty, brother.
You need a quilted, quicker picker-upper!

Yeah its brutual  - a little more and im done w these cannisters. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »

Then switch to GNC, especially if you can get the markdowns that I did.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2013, 10:37:56 AM »

Update on the Elite Fusion7:

I've noticed extreme bloating and lethal gas three of the last four times I've used it now. I'll give it one more chance tomorrow. If it still happens, this will not be a powder I use again. I really liked this stuff, too. :(

I only use the elite isolate, not concentrate. CAnnot use concentrate personally

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »
Allmax isoflex chocolate peanut butter n strawberry....mmmmmmmmmm mmm

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
USN Belgian chocolate

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2013, 08:39:15 AM »
I've been using MyProtein Impact Whey Protein for over five years now - it's 82% concentrate and I get 11lbs for about $80. Haven't found anything for a better price anywhere else.

I would use their Isolate version if i could afford it but until then, I'll keep using the concentrate version - great taste, mixes well, especially good first thing in the morning and post-workout.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »
ON.  Whatever flavor I feel like that month.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2013, 01:46:45 AM »
I've been mixing up to three MET-Rx MRP's per day and have not experienced any negative reactions. In that regard, it is probably the most "agreeable" protein I've used. Many others have caused me at least some gastric disturbance and/or acne via food allergy.

I haven't bought Optimum Nutrition in a while - maybe since Costello sold the company - but I have a container of Pro-Complex ready to open shortly.

AVBG

« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2013, 01:55:29 AM »
venonprotein.com.au whey isolate. Great price (with discount code), great taste with free delivery. Perfect

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2013, 02:09:51 AM »
I like Optimum Hydro Builder post workout, good ingredient profile.

I also like CNP's Pro Peptide Strawberry flavor, by far the best strawberry flavor I've ever tried.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2013, 09:43:31 AM »
Iam Currently using Matrix-chocolate flavour by Syntrax , and must say one of the best economically effective powder ever created. Mixes very well with slim milk, tastes very delicious. Notable results can be seen within 3 weeks of use in terms of muscle fullness , strength also one can experience a bit of fat loss.overall a great product! :)

jadenmiller

• Getbig I
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »
I use protein freak,enhance muscle growth and recovery. It contain combination of proteins and amino acids.