Author Topic: RIP - Robin Williams  (Read 53648 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: RIP - Robin Williams
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »
Shepard Smith kind of looks like Roy, the Alien from Mtv's The Head.

As to Robin Williams taking jokes, yeah that's widely acknowledged that he was well versed in it. But he got a pass because he'd do things like straight up buy the joke from the original comic or get them a better spot so that it was forgiven.

Anyway, much better actor, or skit straight man than stand up comedian.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:01 AM »
PIP :'(

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »
Fox News host labels Robin Williams ‘such a coward’ over alleged suicide

ox News host Shepard Smith on Tuesday asserted that actor Robin Williams was “such a coward” for allegedly committing suicide.

At the conclusion of a touching special report that aired just hours after Williams died, Smith seemed to become almost angry while thinking about the actor’s children.

The Fox News host noted that Williams had once told a story about his daughter, Zelda, who asked him to read a book to her in his normal voice.

“One of the children he so loved, one of the children grieving tonight,” Smith said. “Because their father killed himself in a fit of depression.”

“It’s hard to imagine, isn’t it?” he continued. “You could love three little things so much, watch them grow, they’re in their mid-20s, and they’re inspiring you, and exciting you, and they fill you up with the kind of joy you could never have known.”

“And yet, something inside you is so horrible or you’re such a coward or whatever the reason that you decide that you have to end it. Robin Williams, at 63, did that today.”

Agree...

Had a good friend suffer through both her parents committing suicide at different times in her life. She ended up taking her own before she reached 30. Selfish act when you have children. Suck it up, there are people out there with a lot tougher circumstances making it day to day for their loved ones...

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »
Robin's early mentor was Jonathan Winters. They practiced improv together by sitting in a room for an hour doing stich over one hand held object while they had each other laughing in stitches.

Winters lived a long 87 years and kept his body clean unlike Robin. Winters was also A Political while Robin was a leftie loonie out of the Whoopie Goldberg School of the Inept. Its a shame Robin did not follow his mentor closer.

I was a movie fan not a stand up fan.....

None the less a great body of work.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
*****update*****

Cut his wrists, hung himself , and left a suicide note

Williams then took a belt, tied it around his neck and secured it between the closet door and door frame.  Williams was in a seated position, slightly suspended with his right shoulder against the door.

like the dude that killed himself on the webcam a few years back

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2014, 11:23:08 AM »
Robin's early mentor was Jonathan Winters. They practiced improv together by sitting in a room for an hour doing stich over one hand held object while they had each other laughing in stitches.

Winters lived a long 87 years and kept his body clean unlike Robin. Winters was also A Political while Robin was a leftie loonie out of the Whoopie Goldberg School of the Inept. Its a shame Robin did not follow his mentor closer.

I was a movie fan not a stand up fan.....

None the less a great body of work.

summed up well...he had a very good movie career..

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »
He finally realised that all its just a sad joke.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
He had kids, how can someone do that to their kids?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:03 PM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
*****update*****

Cut his wrists, hung himself , and left a suicide note

Williams then took a belt, tied it around his neck and secured it between the closet door and door frame.  Williams was in a seated position, slightly suspended with his right shoulder against the door.

like the dude that killed himself on the webcam a few years back

In that order?
Magician as well as comedian.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »
Agree...

Had a good friend suffer through both her parents committing suicide at different times in her life. She ended up taking her own before she reached 30. Selfish act when you have children. Suck it up, there are people out there with a lot tougher circumstances making it day to day for their loved ones...

I had two close friends who experienced suicide.  One lost his father to suicide and another lost his brother to suicide.  

At my lowest I considered suicide, but that circumstance was a spiritual one.  It's a cowardly, unnecessary act especially if you're living in a country with all the pomp, circumstance and affluence of the US.  

Now depression is no joke and I've had family members that have suffered with it for years.  So has my wife's family.  It claims people everyday, but a lot of depression can be treated with medication.  Your brain is literally sick.  I've also seen depression who's source is spiritual in nature (experienced it personally).  Often times the media makes comments about celebrity suicide stating such things as "their demons got the best of them".  They're more right than they even realize.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2014, 12:09:35 PM »
In that order?
Magician as well as comedian.

maybe a voice memo  ???

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »
Agree...

LOL at "suck it up" to mental illness. Besides Dentists, cops are number two in suicide deaths. It's not like Robin Williams left babies. His adult offspring were 22,25,31 I believe. Sure they were his "babies"...But in the eyes of society and the court system, they are adults. If you want to use words like "suck it up", then maybe use those words to his adult children down the road if they have a problem with the way Robin left the world.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2014, 12:27:15 PM »

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »
Didn't read through all 8 pages so don't know if anyone previously mentioned it. Robyn Williams was one of the last people to see John Belushi alive, partied with him at the Chateau Marmont Bungalow and split. Sad and ironic. RIP.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2014, 12:30:57 PM »
LOL at "suck it up" to mental illness. Besides Dentists, cops are number two in suicide deaths. It's not like Robin Williams left babies. His adult offspring were 22,25,31 I believe. Sure they were his "babies"...But in the eyes of society and the court system, they are adults. If you want to use words like "suck it up", then maybe use those words to his adult children down the road if they have a problem with the way Robin left the world.

Usually people who say that had great upbringings and never had problems with alcohol or drugs. So yeah its easy for them to say that.

Drugs and alc go hand in hand with depression and the belief of a bleak future.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »
Didn't read through all 8 pages so don't know if anyone previously mentioned it. Robyn Williams was one of the last people to see John Belushi alive, partied with him at the Chateau Marmont Bungalow and split. Sad and ironic. RIP.

He was also one of the last to see Andy Kaufman alive.

"He put me in a headlock and said 'goodbye' ."

~

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »
Usually people who say that had great upbringings and never had problems with alcohol or drugs. So yeah its easy for them to say that.

Drugs and alc go hand in hand with depression and the belief of a bleak future.

In this case though, it was from seeing the mental damage it did to the daughter left behind. I don't know how you can say you love someone then kill yourself knowing it will mess them up. Having said that, I'm sure he felt it was the right path for him at the moment.. and it was his choice. I support his choice, I just think it's a pretty crappy thing to do to your loved ones. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »
In this case though, it was from seeing the mental damage it did to the daughter left behind. I don't know how you can say you love someone then kill yourself knowing it will mess them up. Having said that, I'm sure he felt it was the right path for him at the moment.. and it was his choice. I support his choice, I just think it's a pretty crappy thing to do to your loved ones. 
Depends, some people might come to the conclusion life in general -past, present, future life- is pointless, so are their loved ones lives ultimately.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2014, 01:18:55 PM »
He had kids, how can someone do that to their kids?

the privilege of killing oneself should be for everyone, even parents.